Open source software

>open source software
>open source 3D printer
>possibly open source laptops/phones in the near future

Is there anything else you think would benefit from having an open source (or free and open source) alternative for?

Attached: open source vs closed source.jpg (1546x856, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-2CltKlspI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smart speakers.

Virtual assistants. I don't have a need for them, but I think it's fucked up that all of them are basically a license to spy on you and collect even more data.

Opensource Laptop, please. Including CAD files and PCB Layout so you can modify anything. It's not expensive to make the Injection Molds in China.

In that episode, the open source got there with no issues, ahead of the closed source while the close sourced one ran into an issue, crashed because he was upset of being out done by the open source, and now has to pay $16,000 to fix it. Great example, you showed that the closed source looks good, but costs 50,000x more and still didn't beat open source.

That's because the open source guy knew what he was doing and was careful. The closed source guy wasn't, so he was like the boomer who downloads tight_teen_anal.wmv.exe and fucks up his whole system.

Printer

Already a thing
>normalfag impress by speech recognition software +google search read out.

Open source home automation
I don't want this botnet shit, it should be airtight

Great Scott got some cool WiFi-enabled stuff you can build on your own

>nobody's taken OP's bait yet
the joke is that, in op's image, the "closed source" car is a tesla model s and it's literally open source

open source - firefox
closed source - internet explorer and its alias names

also
B8 detected

Ya know what happens right after this scene, right? He crashes his Tesla into the back of the truck and the guy in the homemade electric bicycle takes his spot in the parking lot. There's an analogy in there somewhere

>use Google
>not knowing what PRISM is

This, or a phone

we know

Attached: 1449926545236.jpg (576x764, 111K)

Just build your own dude. I’m planning on getting an old pair of bookshelves and building in a RasPi and one of the HiFiBerry amps.

>open source
>close source

BEHOLD!
reverse engineering with custom patches

youtube.com/watch?v=J-2CltKlspI

Since the recent CPU-related (((security issues))), I have come to the conclusion we absolutely need free hardware.
Prove me wrong (don't prove me it would be hard because corporations AND states would use all their power to avoid it).

the more you fight against the botnet, the sooner you'll be exterminated when the nwo takes over

Attached: 1374436881967.png (920x1170, 1.06M)

why are ruskies so fucking good at reverse engineering? is it their high IQ combined with their shitty salaries?

>designers hate open-source

This is what an open source car looks like op.
>Is there anything else you think would benefit from having an open source (or free and open source) alternative for?
Alternatives are a good thing, so we would benefit from anything as an alternative to something proprietary.

Attached: 800px-Rally_Fighter_Local_Motors_1.jpg (800x533, 90K)

This right here

BSD is more like being co-pilot.

Didn't realise until today there was an OS called Haiku. Holy shit it looks shit. It looks like some college students pet project from the 90s. Why does it exist?

Attached: anita popcorn.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

Actually kill yourself.

Linux=engine, not whole plane.

Attached: GENTOO.jpg (960x573, 72K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

can you download the design files for free?

>proud to be ignorant
>internet villain.gif
Are you bored or something?

their argument is that modern OSes are fundamentally designed for multi user operation, something that's not needed in single user home computers

What is this demon semen

where is templeOS user

Attached: terry_god_prophet.jpg (640x480, 117K)

>Opensource Laptop
>laptops

With a poisoned silicon and hardware spyware inside lol.

Everything.

Attached: 1520890094891.jpg (225x455, 39K)

in a smoking crater a few miles from Area 51