Researchers develop device that can 'hear' your internal voice -

Researchers develop device that can 'hear' your internal voice - theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/06/researchers-develop-device-that-can-hear-your-internal-voice

How do we make one of these?

Attached: 948.jpg (620x372, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocal_recognition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_speech_interface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i wish researchers would stop doing creepy evil stuff

Would you rather have the government agencies do this in secret or know what is possible?

Pajeet confirmed to destroy society

Spooks do develop secret tech, but there's statistically little chance of it affecting me. When my neighbors have the same tech I will have no choice but to violently end them.

I don't understand, is it getting data from the vocal cords or through eeg? I don't understand the science behind this.

10/10

It's using a Neural Network so it doesn't matter.

Will it be accurate when I'm pooing in the loo?

But that doesn't answer anything. Neural networking is a buzzword like cloud computing.

>neural networking
lel brush your mouth after spewing shit you don't know about
not that NNs are any less of a fucking meme though

>Neural networking

You're an idiot who can't comprehend what they're capable of.

How do they define "internal voice" though?

Ahaha, but you are the true shit talker in need of a throughout mouth washing Mr. Semantics man! I could have corrected you earlier to the term machine learning, but the meaning was still conveyed through your poorly worded post. Now you two are trying to turn the tables on me for using a modifyer? Good luck breaking my cock hard pride, ahaha!

oh boy. Prolly going to jail with that one

Subvocalisation.
I feel you, man.

how the fuck can they hear me when im inaudible

>20 years from now
>kid goes for a job interview
>has to wear a mind-reading device the entire time
>doesn't get the job because the mind logs showed that he was lying about his experience

Attached: 1510672777735.gif (400x225, 1.72M)

Attached: 1468102422157.jpg (384x356, 72K)

military will love this

It's an EEG on your throat. This isn't actually new tech, despite these "researchers" somehow managing to convince the Guardian to hype it as such. I first heard about it more than a decade ago.
I'm surprised it's not more widely used by the military, to be honest. Seems like it could make raids go much smoother. The US Navy apparently does use it for underwater ops, though.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocal_recognition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_speech_interface

They have lasers that can mimic human voice from a distance. They can make you think you are hearing actual voices.

Attached: 1522368407135.jpg (2100x1900, 1.45M)

user those are just in your head... we talked about this

No I asked him and he said he wasn't in my head.

Attached: 132435436457645.png (885x688, 736K)

> It's an EEG on your throat. This isn't actually new tech, despite these "researchers" somehow managing to convince the Guardian to hype it as such. I first heard about it more than a decade ago.
> I'm surprised it's not more widely used by the military, to be honest. Seems like it could make raids go much smoother. The US Navy apparently does use it for underwater ops, though.
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocal_recognition
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_speech_interface

This. I remember when I was a kid I read this book about tricks of mentalism, and one of them was "mind reading" by turning a radio down low to where you can barely hear it and lie in the room listening until you can hear it clearly, then turn it lower and do it again. Eventually training yourself to hear very quiet sounds of vocalisation clearly, until you can "hear" someone's inner voice, thus giving the illusion of reading their mind. This was in the 80s and the book was old then, so this is not a new idea.

I just want to control emacs with my thoughts. THat's it

Attached: 1522897165217.jpg (260x194, 8K)

>he doesn't control reality with his mind.
get on my level plebs

Attached: 1508006071035.jpg (700x500, 38K)

If you're seeing lasers and hearing voices, you have two unrelated problems.

But being ADHD my internal monologue is fucking disorganized and retarded. I wouldn't want anyone hearing it because it makes no sense half the time.

These devices aren't going to be useful at all.

Attached: whatcostanze.jpg (244x242, 10K)

Could be useful for vegetables who are unable to speak normally.
Martin Pistorius was trapped in an apparent coma for 14 years, agonizingly aware of the people supposed to be taking care of him instead treating him like an unwanted corpse.

nice

sounds like a good book. which one was it?

>reality

Attached: 1508842781576.jpg (206x217, 11K)

Give the book user - try to give more pointers towards it, maybe we can google it - try to remember chapter names, author etc.

>Alpha 6 and 4 move up to door
>Prepare reaching charge
>3 tangos inside, ready weapons
>Jon has really been working out, his butt fits those pants nicely
>...
>Bravo stack up left side

NIGGER FAGGOT COCKSUCKER
thats what the NSA will hear from me

>put on this device user
>"nigger nigger nigger gas the kikes EIN VOLK EIN REICH EIN FUHRER"

Attached: 9c1e859c24395eb4942060df70dd7782.jpg (360x542, 21K)