Why do you all seem to hate javascript so much?

why do you all seem to hate javascript so much?

Attached: WMX6BdK.jpg (3440x1440, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wtfjs.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtfjs.com

I don't hate it. It's got some issues, but it's a pretty cool language.

from what i gather people complaining about botnets and whatnot. i don't know much js but it seems to be neat

it's popular and Jow Forums needs to hate popular things to fuel a sense of elitism that covers up for their failures in most/all avenues of life.
hope this helps =)

>wtfjs.com
wtf is this ugly ass website?

precisely the reason we need js

>why do you all seem to hate being tossed around and raped so much?

emotional language wont get you anywhere, baby

racism

It's a fact that is is intrusive as fuck while also being ubiquitous and bloated.

if its just js. its fine
but adding like jquery, node, anguilar and any other meme shit its shit

who ever created that website should do it in 8086 assembly

Jow Forums hates everything that is popular

>uBlock
>uMatrix
>Non-Google Browser
wtf I love the internet now!

i'm waiting for "free software" to get popular so i can watch Jow Forums implode on itself

>popular

does not means good

brainlets can't handle dynamic typing. also it's a bit annoying on the www.

All I'm seeing is that only tech-literate people should be able to use the internet comfortably, and I welcome the normie-filter. uBlock and uMatrix is all you need.

really fuck it

js is most stupid "language ever" interpreted, bloated fucks easy, for an interpreted script

is simple, so most stupid peoples use it, because they understand it fast, that's why is popular, and that does not means anything

because bloat.

W-what features do I get if I enable everything?

Attached: 1513716745631.png (1894x979, 107K)

Is this really how JS deniers browse? You guys don't even want a working CSS?

Thats fucking disgusting user. Not even usable. I hope you are joking.

their trapped in the illusion of thinking their making a fucking difference

Attached: 510731.png (563x861, 575K)

kek

I do not really have an issue with javascript as a whole, but I believe that far too many websites rely on it for the website to be usable, or even viewable, when the site should be perfectly able to be made in just html/css.

>malicious script breaks the sites style sheet if you don't enable some russian malware domains
>a defense of javascript
the state of retards itt

Okay well if you can make a website that looks good, has advanced features and millions of users can use everyday in rust, forth, or whatever shitty meme language you use and think you're superior for go ahead and do it

Can't order pizza

so really what people don't like is how websites implement it and they can't use their website without it?

ES6 doesnt fix all the 'bad parts' of ES5, it does add a few modern features but overall its a bad bandaid. I think its time we let there be an open competition for a replacement for Javascript, languages like Dart, Typescript, Coffeescript, maybe even a simplified version of Python

>its only OK to build websites if you do it in a slow, arduous way as I deem acceptable.

>It's time to break most websites because I'm autistic and pajeets make me angry when they use 50 frameworks for their Web 2.0 website.

I'd say that there already is an open competition for a replacement to Javascript. You are free to make your own browser and popularize it.

Cont. In practice, it would make the most sense to extend an existing open source browser, adding support for different languages. You'd still want to be able to support JS, so the web isn't broken, but your browser would also be able to run other languages.

>>It's time to break most websites because I'm autistic and pajeets make me angry
huuur Im 5 years old and what are transpilers???

If nobody used it, they would say it's perfect.

1) The language itself is has some retarded """features""" as part of the spec because it was written in 10 days (see other replies)
2) Because it's browser based you literally have no other choice and improvements are slow because you have to wait for every browser to implement them (less of a problem these days). Transpilation is not a good solution since it bloats your code. Web assembly might improve this.
3) it's missing a lot of convenient syntax sugar and has basically no stdlib which means every website has to download a shitload of dependencies
4) because everything is moving to the web you have a bunch of learning content aimed at normies which can't write good code to save their lives - call college a meme if you will but definitely does help filter out complete morons (40-50% drop rate for cs per year)
5) some retards thought it would be a good idea to use chrome as a fucking dev platform and hence the ridiculously fat runtime known as electron was born
6) It's used for spying on you in many ways. Too many shit APIs were added in the last 10 years that make it extremely simple to uniquely identify you.

tl;dr fuck js - it's a crap language used by morons to write shit code that spies on you

I got one for you.

Attached: js.png (265x313, 6K)

What the fuck?

Honestly though, I'm no expert in JS, what causes this behavior?

I used to hate it but the truth is that it’s kind of a diamond in the rough. The problem with js is that it was rushed and didn’t go through all the testing that a language needs. This is because it was needed asap for netscape and they released what they were able to. Then they just kept on slapping more and more features on top of each other.

JavaScript is actually a good language, as long as you are knowledgeable enough to use only a subset of it. Just read JavaScript the good parts to understand what I’m saying. The language can be very good but you have to understand that it takes a conscious effort to identify and stop using all the bad parts of the language.

This is easier done when you start from zero than when you have to mantain a poorly written js code base.

>You just don't understand him like I do. Sure, he there are beatings and temper issues, but he's a good guy on the inside. Trust me.
NO other language has such cucked users

Attached: 1439348283926.jpg (576x402, 49K)

Show me bob bebi ok sex come me home

Primarily, I hate the people who develop for JavaScript.
JavaScript has gotten a lot better in recent years. It became officially ``useable'' around 2016.
The fact that things like Typescript are necessary really shows where the flaws are. Static typing and the type inference it brings can significantly cut down on the varieties of issues you come into contact with.
I can't even count how many times I ran into a problem that I would have been warned about while programming by a static analyzer in any compiled language.
And the fact that you often have to compile all of your javascript into one big blob isn't really appealing either.

But I digress. The main issue with JavaScript are the people who develop using it.
"You have this simple problem?" "Install my 5KB piece of shit to solve it!"
Ad nauseum.
Truly JS programmers are idiots.

You would have the same problem in many compiled, OOP languages.
All of those overloaded operators are fine, but for whatever reason '==' is used strictly to compare object pointers in JavaScript.
So when you compare two DateTime objects in JavaScript, the object pointers are different so they're never equal.

The only time you will ever do Object == Object and get 'True' is when the object is the -exact same- object.

How come no one was smart enough to have a function for that rather than fucking attach a symbol with totally different meaning.
And what about ">=" how does that make sense.
And how would you even compare datetimes without fucking getting millisecond count and comparing that.

80% of the JS code that tries to load on your precious "modern websites" is either completely useless (because webdevs are fucking stupid and inefficient) or for spying/tracking only.

In most cases JS is used to make logo spin or other useless fucking shit. JS brought us nothing except for """prettier""" websites and the worst web performance ever.
The only positive is that it is kind of better than flash.

Because >= and

>better than flash

People always say that, but I'm not so sure. Flash never caused the entire browser to shit itself whether it was being used or not. The existence of Flash on another site didn't make your browser consume 500MB of RAM (if you're lucky) doing nothing that involved it.
What's more is that it never reached the level of adoption that JS has gotten, and become as widespread and as far-reaching and it was never the case that as many websites would simply not work due to Flash not being used the same way it is for JS.

You can make a logo spin without JavaScript. If you only care about browsers updated to within the last year anyway.

Or animate a gif.

People have been complaining about JS for a long time now, but it seems no one has actually created an alternative that became popular, even though there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from potentially doing this. You can just grab a copy of Chromium or Firefox, extend it so that it understands other languages besides Javascript, and publish it.

This is technically accurate, but a lot of effort was expended to make good sandboxing mechanisms for JavaScript.
ECMAScript is essentially designed to run in a sandbox.

Try writing a browser client that accepts Python or even F#.
You'll probably balk at the security issues it would cause to bring a mainstream language that people use to perform real tasks onto a browser.

The alternative is "just don't use it."

Ah, interesting. I would have assumed that the sandboxing used for JS could just be easily copied and used for a different language. Guess not?

>JavaScript is actually a good language, as long as you are knowledgeable enough to use only a subset of it. Just read JavaScript the good parts to understand what I’m saying.
The book "Javascript the Good Parts" doesnt really address the worst part of Javascript which is for and while loops. ES6 provides ForEach and some other iterator/mapping functions but I consider these to be very bad and awkward to use. Its time to start from scratch and break away from Javascript. Just about any programming language at all can be transpiled to Javascript so we dont have to worry about backwards compatibility.

You should essentially think of a browser client as a system that's constantly compromised. If you were given a pointer to a file on a remote system, and you had low level memory access to that system, what kinds of shenanigans could you pull?

I had assumed that the creators of, for example, Chromium had made their sandboxing modular enough that a different language could easily be plugged into it. Then you'd just have to make sure that your interpreter only ever interacted with this sandboxing abstraction and didn't directly touch the rest of the user's computer in any way.
But I haven't looked at the code myself, so I really have no reason to believe that in the first place.

Makes sense to me.
Thank god I'm actually smart.

Attached: 1522319602072.jpg (800x800, 34K)

this

No no, I hate black people

what is nacl, asmjs, wasm

No because a lot of it are things that prevent something from Spectre from happening.

JS has had some vulnerabilities come to light, one which has caused multithreading to be disabled in browsers at the moment, but nothing compared to fucking Java Applets and shit.

tfw no weird metal loving gf

Like hype, negative hype trickles down. Negative hype towards javascript started on HN like 6 months ago, now it's on Jow Forums. Of course there always were a bunch of people to criticize it or outright hate it, but now the retards who only repeat the latest memes are hating on it too.