AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Oc Up To 4.3 GHz Across All Cores in First Preview

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-cpu-review-overclock-benchmarks-leak/

Attached: Screenshot_20180406-194456.jpg (1080x1425, 526K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.gr/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6t0x77/do_you_know_that_handbrake_can_only_use_up_to_6/?espv=1
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-cpu-review-overclock-benchmarks-leak/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even @ 3.2 gaymens will be happy

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-Tests-07-410x324.jpg (410x324, 31K)

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-Tests-04-410x324.jpg (410x324, 29K)

intel does 5.2 and has higher IPC
lol
KYS

Holy shit if a simple refresh is getting these bumps imagine what zen 2 will be like

Can't wait

Yawn
This is > 5% better than last gen

>higher IPC
they are quite literally within 5% or less of eachother

Nice game! Is it interesting?
LMAO
M
A
O

> he fell for the overclocking meme

AMD is at haswell levels so that like 5 years behind...

It can barely retain a lead with two extra cores, in an area that benefits GREATLY from more cores

top zozzle

Best comment

>This feels a lot like the refresh of Polaris gpu's from 400 series to 500 series where amd managed to increase performance 5-10% by essentially applying a factory overclock at the expense of power consumption and OC headroom. The zen architecture/manufacturing process seems to be hitting a brick wall at 4.3ish ghz and all they can do is throw more voltage at it and hope for the best. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think these will be good overclockers

thread/
>thread/
thread/

Hahaha @1.4V

AMD house fire confirmed.
But hey they cheap so you can buy a new one when the old one burns out I guess

Attached: 1522773645076.jpg (455x675, 113K)

>wccf

next

intel is at haswell levels too

That didn't even resemble an argument.
And skylake is only a 4.7% difference from haswell. IPC hasn't changed since skylake.

Attached: truecrypt-aes.png (602x402, 112K)

>less than a percentage change a year

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x800, 63K)

user 3.8 and 4.3 are a 12% difference

Attached: dt_170111_cherry_picking_800x600.jpg (800x600, 72K)

The 500 series has a better power management system and new firmware that makes it consume lower power than the 400 series.
This happens in idle, vdeo playback and most games...while offering greater performance.

How is that cherry picking, brian?

The intel is clocked higher

Attached: 1521241871799.png (658x662, 43K)

Attached: C43uh18WEAEROnq.jpg large.jpg (1440x810, 100K)

Ahhhhhhh widdle AmD is a big boi now! He just like his big brother Intel now! Soooooo happy :)

Attached: 1512660596707.png (672x794, 422K)

that's ram speed

Let's throw some pajeetware in there and see how much performance can get a 2 threaded code on a cpu that has tdp 6.5 watt per thread vs a cpu that has tdp 7.9 watt .
...and don't forget to use icc, because.

Can't wait to see the ipc change, it's going to be low. With less than 5% clock speed increase potential this shit ain't gonna look good clock for clock

>less that 5% in a year
>meanwhile intel has less than 5% over 5 years

No, uneducated retard.
Most of those algorithms hardly scale beyond 12 threads. Have you ever encoded anything?
1/4 of that ryzen is idling.

anything lower than boost clocks is underclocking.
the article actually says the CPU wasn't able to sustain boost clocks even with additional voltage.

This release is going to be a trainwreck because AMD is releasing processors with specs too close to their maximum potential. Lots of people will be unhappy when their new CPUs cannot be overclocked and in many cases even fail to run stable at the stated speeds.

Attached: file.png (770x641, 62K)

Dude come on...
4.1ghz OC to 4.3.
Meanwhile Intel went from a 5ghz to 5.2ghz OC and added 2 cores.

Sad!

google.gr/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6t0x77/do_you_know_that_handbrake_can_only_use_up_to_6/?espv=1
And let's trigger the 4tards with a reddit source.
Even the tards from reddit are more informed than you.

Oh got ya we're it hurts!

Lol sorry zen already hit it's brickwall. Zen 2 will change everything.

4.1 to 4.3 is exactly the same amount of change as 5 to 5.2
And besides we were talking about IPC and you moved the goalposts to another field

>let's play the troll card to avoid exposing my stupidity

Whatever you say dude. This just illustrates the point even more, all it's gains are in having the full core load fully dedicated and a marginal speed boost. Maybe we should put the 8790k in game mode then see how well zen+ fares

>1.4V
RIP

I'm talking pure clockspeed increase, that's were zen+ performance increases will be mostly derived from. They should of just threw more cores at the wall then at least core whores have something to focus on.

You said IPC user

That bullshit and misleading.
Boost is 4.2
Xfr is 4.35
Which means if power requirements and ambient+cpu temp allows it, it can boost even further up to X (i think it's 2 ) cores or threads.

>wccf
>being retarded
nooooooooooo you really think they would do that?

In low settings 720p?
Why don't you use a proper way of benchmarking?

Don't worry my fellow enthusiasts with modern innovation we can highly thread ANYTHING! The future is Red, the future is Ryzen. 1 core for 1 process, that is where we aim.

Attached: z6xe2gbbxtvy.jpg (685x741, 65K)

99% 8700k, almost literally every single one, can be run 200Mhz above Intels stated boost frequency.
Meanwhile, this new Ryzen struggles to even reach its target frequency.

I will grant, though, that we have to wait for the 470 Chipsets.

On the other hand, AMD also explicitly marketed their Ryzen chipsets as fully compatible with Ryzen, Ryzen+ (now 2) and 2nd gen Ryzen. Losing out on 7-10% of performance invalidates this statement in my opinion.

Attached: file.png (1035x627, 199K)

A mediocre upgrade. Same Zen 1 and slightly improved process. 7nm should be good though. Around 20% better than ryzen+ based on what were told so far

The chipset isn't going to affect the performance of the chip in any major way.

So you are focusing on overclock now?
First gen ryzen hits a freq wall due to process.
2nd is 100% sure that it will have a freq wall but at an unknown frequency.
Why is that? Because ryzen is built upon a low power node.
Zen2 is coming on a performance mode.
Otoh intel doesn't guarantee anything. The only thing they guarantee is base clock and single turbo frequency, there's no guaranteed all core turbo anymore.
And obviously when overclocking a chip that has 33% more cache and 33% more cores is going to be harder to OC.
This is not g. This feels like the wccftech comment section

Less than a percentage change a year keeps the goyim in fear

Attached: 1388467821380.png (500x500, 16K)

>So you are focusing on overclock now?
no, not now. It's the topic.
>Oc Up To 4.3 GHz
it's my initial response as well: calling the achieved 4.2GHz underclocking because it falls short of 4.35 GHz boost clocks - while roasting the CPU with manually increased voltage, no less.

>intel doesn't guarantee anything
true, and especially for system builders and craptops the CPUs are often TDP-locked and run closer to the base clocks than anything else. However, that's not overclocking, which, again, is the basis of this topic.
For actually squeezing performance from the CPU, which silicon lottery made a business out of, they have achieved 4.9GHz with 99% of all tested cpus and when you buy one advertised this way you would obviously send it back if it didn't work as advertised.

>ryzen is built upon a low power node.
>obviously when overclocking a chip that has 33% more cache and 33% more cores is going to be harder to OC.
HURR DURR IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD WHY DON'T YOU LIKE COMPARATIVELY SLOW AND UNSTABLE CORES

Attached: love_poop_anime.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Hurr durr who even works with their pc if you could play a vidya

It's amazing how people refuse to accept reality. Ryzen is looking more and more like Poodozer in face if Intel's rapid response. Just like before we're cranking up the heat for middling gains while being a great choice for nich pc users. Only this time they're not as good a value thanks to upfront costs.

Attached: 1523061727540.jpg (600x885, 36K)

>latency
Mobo needs BIOS update badly!

Attached: 2700x-latency.jpg (718x568, 183K)

Attached: intel 30.jpg (700x700, 58K)

>1700 came out
>HAHA IT CAN'T/STRUGGLE TO REACH 4.0 WHAT A FAILURE
>2700
>HAHA IT CAN'T EVEN REACH 5.2GZH WHAT A FAILURE
This board used to be more interesting with pork shoulder meme instead of repetitive copy pasta respond.

Threadripper does 4225mhz on water

what is this?
graph for ants?

btfo

Its the same fucking gpu...

Nope, Intel chips are lucky to get ~5Ghz without resorting to brutal voltages which requires high-end to exotic cooling to keep stable.

It is entirely limited by 14nm+ process (since Haswell/Broadwell)

Majority of 8700K silicon barely gets 4.7Ghz with full cores at stock voltage. A small minority is able to get 4.8Ghz-4.9Ghz with a minor voltage boost. A extraordinarily small minority is lucky to hit 5.0Ghz with minor voltage boost.

10nm process is FUBUR, so don't expect any jumps in IPC/clockspeed from either vendor.

It is fucking retarded man-children that insist that overclocking fucking matters.

Overclocking is almost dead. Physics has caught up and vendors are locking down their platforms more and more (Have to get special SKUs and motherboards to get overclocking). Turbo-clocking pretty much defeats arm-chair overclocking.

It is nothing more than epenis BS that never impressed the opposite sex.

>more than half is an extraordinarily small minority
oh boy you must be one of the people calling blacks and asians minorities as well

Attached: file.png (642x406, 43K)

>Nope, Intel chips are lucky to get ~5Ghz without resorting to brutal voltages which requires high-end to exotic cooling to keep stable.
Lol, having to shill this hard. It's quite impressive how detached from reality keep propping up Ryzen. Literally the only thing they have is decent integrated graphics and some somewhat reasonably priced chips for people who just have to have 16 threads. Which is really relegated to some cheap offices and "prosumer" style streamers and videographers represented low single digits of the total percentage of desktop users. Again their integrated stuff is the most exciting and likely to sell well.

You sound mad. Tell me what was the chip you fried with your one button overclocking on your gaming motherboard?

Idiot, check the voltage on that chip. It is rather high as you need start needing dump a ton of volts to keep it stable. Again, overwhelming of chips will not climb beyond stock unless you throw a shit ton a volts at it. 14nm+ process is the issue. Not shilling either. I have build and operated systems from both sides and used Cyrix when they still existed (most underaged /v/tards were still in diapers when Cyrix died)

You haven't been paying close attention since 14nm process. It has been limited to around 4.7-5.0Ghz without dumping a shit ton of volts. It started with Broadwell onto Skylake-X. Ryzen chips are limited by their architecture which is around 4.1-4.3Ghz.

they used 1.4V on the 2700x too and failed to reach boost frequency...

>1.4V

That's literally approaching CPU death tier

>wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-cpu-review-overclock-benchmarks-leak/
>Note: We have not been able to test games because the platform became unstable when opened , with crashes shortly after starting or even blue screenshots. Not having specific drivers for the new generation, it’s something that could happen, but the funny thing is that it only happens in games , which would foreseeably be his weak point against Intel, so we’ll have to wait a little longer to know if this will continue to be the case.

Attached: sadcat.jpg (960x724, 52K)

>anything lower than boost clocks is underclocking.
>the article actually says the CPU wasn't able to sustain boost clocks even with additional voltage.

Boost Clock is stock single core auto-clocking limit.
OP review is *all core* overclock, i.e., jacking up the base clock from 3.7 to 4.2 GHz.

Honestly this is a pretty solid increase. My 1700x gets 3.7-3.8 GHz at best overclocked.

The 2700x has this at base.

>Boost Clock is stock single core auto-clocking limit.
Not entirely with XFR 2.0, it's all core scaling down with more cores used.

Still belongs to the we need Ryzen PRO series with actual RAM encryption

That is awesome, your going to be able to get your Youtube videos out faster than ever before.

with XFR2, listed Boost clock limit is still for only single active core. 2+ cores are still at least a little slow, if not nearly dramatically as XFR1.

Please continue to enjoy that stutter you get in your vidya gayme while you try multitasking with your quad core Intel garbage.

I have never seen my Ryzen 7 go above 40% while playing Final Fantasy 15 on max, compiling my code, and live streaming multiple videos all at the same time.

The Jews are not your friend goy.

Well I'm on a 3570k so that sounds like an upgrade to me, especially since Intel is still on fucking haswell levels with their le 2% improvement per release bullshit.

I'm pretty sure that my overclocked 3570k could kick the shit out of a stock skymeme chip, intel is full of hack losers. If we are going to be stuck at ~3.5 GHz cores for ever then at least give me more than 4 fucking cores, its 20 fucking 18 you kike fucks.
>But they do!
And they cost a fucking fortune, no fucking thanks. Can you tell I have gotten angrier as I wrote this? I fucking can, fuck intel.

Attached: 1496232289897.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

>playing gaymes
>while multi tasking

Holy shit, let me guess you use a cellphone while you drive?

The rest of your post is le magnefique, you're down the rabbit hole user! Enjoy your Zendozer++

>I'm pretty sure that my overclocked 3570k could kick the shit out of a stock skymeme chip
>pretty sure a stock chip will be stomped by this overclocked chip

Attached: casey-neistat2.jpg (474x661, 29K)

Woah neat. The ants will be happy.

>Chip that is literally from 2012 still capable of beating modern day chips
My 3570k is 6 years old, go find me a chip that is 12 years old that can compete with a 3570k, protip: you fucking can't. Yet the 3570k can stomp all over Intels chips regardless, I don't care how overclocked it is, this should never fucking happen. I know for a fact my 1700 stomps all over this chip's ass and it's not even AMD's best offering, Intel has no fucking excuse for trying to compete in this price point with their quad core trash.

Intel is played the fuck out and it's fun watching their desperate fanboys defend them while they circle the drain. You will buy from the competition one day, and I am going to laugh in your face when you faggots try and pretend that all this blatant shilling never happened. You are pathetic, Intel hates you and yet you still do this shit for free.

incel shitposting has been quite desperate this past week

>-2 AVX offset
>"stable" as in 1 hour of "a mix of workloads"

not even that guy, but if you have to close any running applications whatsoever while you're gaming, you're using a poverty-rig.

I leave hundred of tabs open in my browser running god knows what sort of JS shit just so I can shitpost between MP gaming rounds.

1.4V is ok for a 24/7 OC on Ryzen according to ASUS's motherboard engineers. This was back when the C6H first came out.

I don't speak illegal

>2700X
>3.7 Base
>At least 4.0GHz boost
>16 thread
Fuck it, I'm sold, if it hits 4.0 reliably that would be the fucking tits man.
Been waiting for this sort of CPU for a long time, are they releasing a 2800X? Surely they are right, would be cool if it could actually do 4.0-4.5, that would be my next CPU for sure if they did. That shit would do you good for the next decade.

>-2AVX offset
Holy shit

Attached: 1445295538959.jpg (648x365, 32K)

That's 12% from the 1700X, and 7.5% from most OC'd 1800X's

>wccftech
Fuck off OP. As an AMD fanboi, even I know not to buy this shit.

>30 minutes of prime95 as stress testing

>0% IPC increase with the only increases being thanks to bigger dies
>no newer high performance node anytime soon
Stay delusional user

wccf are literal pajeet intel/nvidia shills

>wccf are liars
Thanks for agreeing with me.

IPC change is 2.6%

Good lord. Think of the children.

>1.412V core

Attached: this_is_fine.png (1280x640, 957K)

Attached: 1517397162643.jpg (536x632, 67K)

so it doesnt even reach the advertised 4.35 ? POOZEN