Jow Forums, do you have any experience with ProtonVPN?

Jow Forums, do you have any experience with ProtonVPN?
Any good?

Attached: proton.png (430x196, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
flokinet.is/
ivpn.net/internet-privacy-laws-in-romania
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes. yes.
any more questions?

what happens when I use it on >windows

>free
Not good

>not nordvpn
move to the modern age familia

Mullvad.

Stop using VPNs for privacy.

If you have time read the explanation:
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

Also windows tracks you already, so it becomes a matter of who do you want to give your information.

Attached: pepe.jpg (800x770, 111K)

>ProtonVPN
guess I should stop using protonmail.

Literally anyone with your e-mail address could print out something that says "violence against x social group [email protected]" then screenshot it and send it to protonmail support and they will ban and delete your account because of some dumb law in switzerland.

You should stop using protonmail either way.

No normies would know if I'm using proton mail if I'm using a custom domain

pls no dns lookup

You'd probably be fine if using a custom domain regardless because their brand is no longer being used to advertise violence.

I'll use it when I can download a working openvpn configuration file for Linux.

I guess, I haven't really taken much research into .ch laws

>Stop using VPNs for privacy.
Stop using VPNs that you don't control for privacy you mean. I run my own OpenVPN instance on a VPS. The company is based in Iceland, the server hardware is in Romania.

Good for you.

If you have time you should write a guide and share it with us, would be really appreciated.

A short explanation on what services you have chosen and why.

Attached: pepe-confy.png (128x128, 20K)

pretty good, but you can't post here, the ISPs are blocked; maybe you're find one available, but it's rare

flokinet.is/ for hosting. Because they aren't part of the 14 eyes and because they only give out personal information when dictated by Icelandic law.

Romania is the location for the server because it's not part of 14 eyes either and their infrastructure is some of the fastest in Europe and their privacy laws.

ivpn.net/internet-privacy-laws-in-romania

>Romania remains the only EU country to have had its data retention law thrown out by the highest court of the land not once, but twice!

Thank you, really appreciated it.

Sounds like Romanians are doing some good work from an internet point of view.
I hope EU won't fuck them up on in this regard, with some crazy reform.

Depends on who gets voted into power and bends to the will of the EU bloc. I only have my VPS hosted in Romania at the moment because it's the lesser of any other evil. Should anything drastically change, I'll move it elsewhere.

At most, I will not support any country that is involved in the 5, 9 or 14 eyes program. I might live in one of those countries, but that doesn't mean I agree with the policies and practices. Should it come to it, I will host my shit on a VPS in China or Russia if I absolutely have to.

Not because of "hurr I have something to hide", but simply from an ethical standpoint. I will never, ever, host my shit in the USA, or UK for example, unless there is some sort of massive shift away from their mass harvesting of data and sweeping surveillance.

Whats different between them and PIA?

> "hurr I have something to hide"
I would never accuse anyone of something like that.
Why should you give away your information for free to someone who could use it against you, without thinking twice? They also have no real reason to collect all that data, but they do just in case.

What do you think about Multihop? Does it have any use or the extra steps are just justify an higher price?