Is your browser protected against Cryptocurrency Mining Scripts?

Is your browser protected against Cryptocurrency Mining Scripts?

cryptojackingtest.com/

Attached: 1511972141333.png (1238x595, 81K)

Attached: Screenshot-2018-4-6 Cryptojacking Test.png (960x546, 26K)

I'd rather a website mine crypto in my browser than give me ads

stop shilling your voluntary coinminer you subhuman cocksucker

>Phew! To always stay protected, download Opera browser and turn on the built-in ad blocker with cryptocurrency mining protection.

so, this is just an Opera ad?

yes but that doesn't mean you aren't protected using other browsers, take for example my OP pic, is Internet Explorer.

why are you replying like if I just discovered what a browser is?

Attached: 1513549603904.jpg (602x709, 94K)

the sites I run javascript on are serving me free high-speed pirated content anyway

>youre protected so download opera anyway to be even more protected!

Attached: downloadopera.pgn.png (821x647, 38K)

Absolutely based.

Attached: 1517104005557.jpg (330x559, 67K)

I'd rather they just get fucked if they can't afford it on their own/with donations.

Why should I assume you are smart?

>Not having triple protection against this
I have uBO uMatrix and a Pi-Hole, I doubt anything will slip between the cracks

like a double condom!

>you are protected
I don't think so lmao
but I'm living on the edge

Attached: 2018-04-07-031223_1023x703_scrot.png (1023x703, 75K)

This

>All cryptocurrencies we receive from mining in this test will be transferred to a charity organization.

Attached: 1433003674777.gif (500x602, 818K)

The goyim eat it up every time.

If you run uO on a non chromium-based browser than yep

Attached: whitelist.png (1808x1059, 177K)

>spoof user agent to opera
>run the test
lel

Attached: ayy lmao.png (650x520, 35K)

Also

Attached: resource_abuse.png (1341x2107, 368K)

Yesssssssssss, good goyim!

Attached: inside window of a gassing chamber.gif (501x585, 76K)

Gpu browser has some memes

Yes.

Attached: file.png (1280x800, 130K)

BLOCK. FUCKING. JAVASCRIPT.

that's... not a bad business model.

They won't mine crypto instead of showing you ads. They'll mine crypto in addition to showing you ads. Why make some money when you could make more money? They've already decided they don't care about giving people who visit their site a shitty experience.

Sorry, but JavaScript is very useful for many sites I use. Using a blacklist or a whitelist would be insane, and I am not autistic.

Monero just forked, botnets got btfo

if you refuse to lift a finger to defend yourself, instead demanding that all the work be taken care of for you, you get abused, exploited, and otherwise taken advantage of, and you won't even really have any grounds to complain when it happens. You asked for it.

uO blocks miners on chrome/chromium too.

There are other ways of blocking miners that don't involve autistic methods like disabling a feature that makes 99% of the world's webites run, you sperg.

most of the stuff JS is used for is advertising, surveillance, """analytics""" and other shit thats only purpose is to monetize you. Most of the rest is shit like infinite scrolling. The shit that breaks when you disable JS is, on most websites, mostly stuff you WANT to be broken.

Attached: 1505099903155.jpg (1920x1080, 731K)

if you use chrome, they'll keep cryptomining while you're not even browsing. never have to worry about ads on your desktop again.

Success on Android with Firefox klar (fdroid)
Seems kind of silly to recommend opera for "protection" right after it informs me that my current browser is already protecting me.

Attached: Screenshot_20180407-014328.png (1440x2560, 212K)

Defend myself!? I am being attacked by browsing sites? I use the appropriate tools to browse safety, disabling javascript isn't one of them. I am pretty much safe without blocking javascript, and one proof of that is this:

Success on Microsoft Edge too. But I don't think it has much to do with the browser. There are many ways to protect one self from these kind of treats.

Opera made this test and they made it to promote their native anti-coin system, but is a nice test and it is hard to find tests like this.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-07-00-45-41.png (1440x2560, 241K)

>I am being attacked by browsing sites?
there's literally a whole industry devoted to doing exactly that, it's called advertising. The above-board version of it is worth tens of billions of dollars every year, and there's an underground version that exploits the legal kind to attack more than just your privacy (malvertising). And it all depends on javascript. Approximately nothing they do works without it.

>I hate X so I'll make shit up about X to make it look worse
Pathetic.

>Ads are inherently evil and harmful.
Ads are your friends, they pay the whole party, and are a crucial engine of the modern economic model. If you don't wanna pay with your wallet, at least you can pay with your eyes.

Now, as there are good software, or good ads, there are also bad software or bad ads, and these are the minority, actually. Protecting for those kind of treats is important of course, but disabling javascript is innesessary and counter-productive.

>they pay the whole party
Yeah, the goal is to crash that party. That "modern economic model" is why there's so much clickbait and lowest-common-denominator garbage on today's web. That all goes away, along with the social-media cancer, if we destroy advertising as a viable business model.

This. But I decided to run javascript anyways, and I got the message that I was safe.

Fuck, came here to post this.

But what if I want social media? What if I want easy, free access to services? What if I like TV and radio but I am not willing to pay for listen to it? Advertising solves that and gives me what I want. So I can watch an episode of the Simpsons without paying a dime, as long as there is a couple of ads here and there. Heck, The Simpsons exist because there are people like me willing to watch ads from companies who pays to keep The Simpsons alive.

I understand if you don't like that model, but what suggestion do you have? Is there a better model? Sell it to me, please.

Attached: 1502591552235.gif (450x338, 385K)

>I don't care what you do to me or my property as long as you entertain me as you do it

Goodest of all goyim.

Well, there is this thing named "Terms and Conditions" that specifies the elements that are being traded for the services delivered. Every service provider has one, and helps to defend both the client and the provider to stablish what is being traded and provided.

In the case of my property (assuming you mean, my personal information) companies are obliged to have this "Privacy Policy" that specifies, following the laws of the country, what kind of property are taking from me, and what they will do with it. Breaking any of these two contracts is against the law.

So yeah, if the service is of my interest, and the pay-off seems good for me, I think it's a good deal. I don't see how goyim it is to get things for free.

Attached: file.png (237x289, 18K)

I used F(L)OSS browser.
Pretty nice browser, fast and the UI reminds me of something that could exist on palmOS

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-07-10-57-18.png (720x1280, 113K)

mobilefag

I'm gud.

>Dashchan built-in browser is somehow protected
Fucking kek

Attached: total pleb.png (210x180, 54K)

It probably is Chrome's WebView extension doing its magic.

>all this bullshit with special addons for blocking miners, lunacy like disabling javascript, etc. when an addon you already should have anyway does the job
The ABSOLUTE state of nu-Jow Forums

WINRAR

>when you decide to keep only the worst aspect of the retro experience
Do you hate so much the content you load on your screen that you have to block that huge a portion of it? Just look away from the screen, user.

Attached: dcd.jpg (1366x1046, 371K)