How do I pass interviews of big tech companies?

How do I pass interviews of big tech companies?

Attached: max-howell-tweet.jpg (584x302, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPZ0pIK_wsc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Object_Model
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be brown or woman or some kind of faggot

Backstory?

get your penis surgically altered to look like a vagina and start doing hormone replacement therapy

The dumb nigger applied for a highly sought after position of code monkey without an underlying understanding of stuff like binary trees

>Max Howell
might as well be called Whitey McCracka
Obviously never stood a chance at Google, regardless of his ability to do arbitrary computer science tasks from memory on a whiteboard.

writer of homebrew (package manager for macos that pretty much everybody who programs with a mac uses) took a job interview at google and was rejected based on lack of theory knowledge

Fuck off. As if that shit actually matters. Give him an actual practical problem to solve and not bullshit to remember from your meme degree.

Dumb faggot should've worn a wig and a dress to the interview

Probably dropped his spaghetti during the interview.

this unironically

this, but not gay male, those don't count as diverse anymore.

Attached: 1494684423163.png (538x372, 59K)

>latinix
What does this mean?

Gender neutral version of latina or latino

I think it's supposed to be a "gender neutral" way of saying Latino. But I've heard Spanish speaking people say that Latinx is retarded because it breaks Spanish grammar.

I wouldn't hire a mac user either.

In Spanish you default to using the masculine plural to refer to a group unless you know the group is all-female, Latinx is for English speakers who don't know this

In Spanish nouns are either gendered or neutral but not both. When a noun is gendered but is referring to an arbitrary thing so you cannot infer its gender, you use the male form. This triggers the American SJWs so they instead remove the gendered part and replace it with an 'x'
It's like saying xer instead of her.

It's the same in French, but it's a mistake to say this is borne purely from English speakers ignorance. There are groups of romance language speakers who think it's misogynistic to default to male gender words.

By knowing your stuff. It's like complaining that you invented the cup and that wasn't good enough to get a job at Google. It's fucking retard, no one cares what cute little tool you made if you can't do what they need you to do

>implying anyone would ever need to invert a binary tree as part of their day to day job
hello to one of many, many unemployed Jow Forums users.

asians and browns have been infiltrating these positions for decades. If you're white and not a woman, good luck, you have to be a top 10% programmer to get anything above a entry level job.

Talented straight white male interviewed at Google and got rejected. They still use tools he developed.

"Latinx" is only used by retards. Anyone with a speck of dignity uses Latino.

Your best bet is to be an above average intelligence Asian woman who has recently studied CS concepts.

Interviewer here. You're best strategy is actually to take a lot of practice interviews.
Buy a white board, get a friend who has a job in tech to give you a problem to solve. Get your timing down, understand when you need to ask hints and when you need to focus and solve the problem at hand.
And for fuck's sake don't spill your spaghetti.

whiteboard testing is retarded

t. Burger engineer at McDonalds

With that attitude you won't even pass the phone screen.

t. people who didn't hire Max Howell, hired some pajeet who memorized whiteboard retardation algos while continuing to use homebrew every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPZ0pIK_wsc

Making useful open source software is completely unrelated to the applicant's ability to pump out shitty code for their corporate masters.

Nobody there uses hebrew Maxwell.

This, some have opted to use latinos/latinas, latin@s and other insane shit. Fortunately the RAE stopped them.

Correct the interviewer every chance you get. They appreciate the initiative and strength of character it shows. "Actually" should be a word you are using at least 10 times in every interview.

>Fortunately the RAE stopped them.
"male/female" is still used though, as retarded as it is

>hello to one of many, many unemployed Jow Forums users.
Sorry, too bad. The Asian cabal hired me straight out of college because I'm one of them. Making 80k while living with my parents because I wasn't raised by retarded white hicks who toss their kids out into the street at 18. Home cooked meals every night, a free 26k car, nice community of my people, church every sunday with people who are like family, a stable job with peers and a manager I can get along with, and plenty of cash and a few properties I'm going to inherit. Pretty good. Next time try not to be born into a bunch of godless greedy sellouts that can't see they have a beam in their eyes.

Yes, but it's gramatically incorrect, which means any self-respecting paper will mock you for it.

>asking advice from Jow Forums neets
kek

Sounds nice.

>he cant invert a binary tree on a whiteboard

Attached: 1920x1080smug_animu.jpg (175x199, 8K)

is anyone going to demonstrate how to do this so we can all learn?

>wants google level employees on Jow Forums tutoring people for free
???

>church
Stopped reading there

Attached: fedora_pro.jpg (900x1200, 225K)

Well, lots of people here can do fizzbuzz. Is it harder to reverse a binary tree?

>tfw barely any question during the interview i had with my current job ended up being relevant to what i do, and anything that did is something i can just look up
Literally all of my coworkers and I will look up shit on Stack Overflow if we're stumped on something during work. My manager, one of the people I interviewed, was looking up how to fix something wrong with his Angular script when he was showing me how to use a site for front end development. Interviews are a fucking sham, but a necessary evil.

Attached: 1520993439793.png (410x357, 245K)

he's better off then. google sucks, papa bezos will pick him up

Or maybe its just a lot of pressure in an interview and its hard to think straight. I'm sure a simple google search would offer a solution that he could implement. Why does he need to memorize this kind of shit?

Good to know they prefer people who are theoretically competent to those who are demonstrably competent.

The question tests whether the hiree understands recursion or not. If you’re familiar with recursion inverting a tree is trivial. Even I know how to do it and I’m not a CS student. It’s not about actually inverting trees

haha faggot. Binary tree is a great test of intelligence and natural skill at programming, Google makes the best software in the world for a reason - they hire smart people.

But to answer your question, programming interviews and interviews in general can fuck off, if you are struggling try to learn a very niche skill in high demand, employers will suck your dick to get you to take the job.

They prefer people who are both. Why should they take some idiot whose only claim of competence is some shitware for Apple computers? They get plenty of candidates who have much better career achievements and can actually implement a simple recursive algorithm.

If you can't invert a binary tree you are truly dumb and its clear that one shouldn't hire you.
It's not a difficult problem at all.

You just step down to the 2nd lowest level of a path and begin swapping then step up and swap and proceed until you covered all nodes with children. That's just off the top of my head.

I can see why a company like google would ask this because it's basically due diligence studying for working at a company deeply involved in search and data storage, retrieval, and processing. For any interview you should study the basics but this in particular seems like something you absolutely should do if you're appling at google.

It's a Pokemon.

You study for them. They aren’t going to ask you something that’s not online.

>be white
>put latino on the form

woooooooow so hard right?

binary tree is too easy desu, i would ask him to solve towers of hanoi

Memorize retarded whiteboard challenges and interview bullshit. Then immediately forget it like you forgot all that calculus because it's fucking worthless.
And if you can't solve their problem, just write out the solution to some other recursion problem instead. They're probably just checking to see you know how to use recursion.

>Be brown or woman or some kind of faggot
>get your penis surgically altered to look like a vagina and start doing hormone replacement therapy

Why do programming interviews hire computer scientists instead of programmers? I feel like at least in game development literally all they care about is whether you've actually developed games before or have working examples of stuff you wrote that you can show off in the interview. Computer Science is a valuable profession but it doesn't seem to be the same skillset that a programmer should have. Personal experience fixing difficult bugs, taking over projects for programs you didn't write and fixing them, and working on open source projects should account for way more than knowing recursion or how a cpu works.

he wasn't asked some arcane question about CPU architecture, he was asked to implement babby's first recursive algorithm
if you can't solve that you cannot work for google, even the DOM is a fucking tree as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Object_Model

All that stuff you mentioned is evaluated before you get to the interview. The interview is for making sure you aren't making it up.

How about bi

almost as oppressive as being straight

This thread is literally full of illegal immigrant logic
>everyone should be able to get a job at google and get all the benefits
>open (job) borders!
>we're ALL programmers
The absolute state of white people

>the whiteboard takes another life

Is slav ok? Or i should be blacka?

Then identifying as apache helicopter would werk?

they might think you're a russian bot if they know you're slav

the worst part is that most people here wouldn't be able to invert a binary tree either, what are they teaching them in school? or maybe nobody here is actually in CS and they're just shitposting

so i should be blacka?

If Asian, what race should be put in resume?

I guess that makes sense. I'm just some faggot that uses C# and only knows vaguely about recursion and stuff like big-o notation so I'm definitely not really in a position to criticize the hiring practices of google.

you don't put race on the resume, you put it in the cover letter. Lie and say you're from Cambodia or Burma or some shit.

Polynesian, if they think you're Chinese you're fucking out.

Get a spraytan and say you're mexican

Google isn't a software company

You need this stuff to have a chance at writing non-trivial software that's halfway efficient and scalable, there's a reason using things like bubble sort is so strongly discouraged

be gay or an obese lesbian

>you don't put race on the resume, you put it in the cover letter.

...is this for real?

I have no social skills which is why I’m a programmer in the first place. What is he best way to succeed in an interview without being personable or forcing myself to engage in the sort of contrived nonsense that constitutes friendliness?

I just want to get paid in exchange for my labor. I don’t want to have to make an interviewer laugh or pretend that he’s interesting or funny or whatever else.

Like this:
#include
class BinaryTree {
public:
int value; BinaryTree* left; BinaryTree* right;
BinaryTree(){ value = 0; left = 0; right = 0; }
};
void invert(BinaryTree* b){
if(!b) return;
invert(b->left); invert(b->right);
b->left = b->right; b->right = b->left;
}
int main() {
BinaryTree bt; BinaryTree bl; BinaryTree br;
BinaryTree bll; BinaryTree blr; BinaryTree brl; BinaryTree brr;
bt.value = 0; bt.left = &bl; bt.right = &br;
bl.value = 1; bl.left = &bll; bl.right = &blr;
br.value = 2; br.left = &brl; br.right = &brr;
bll.value = 3; blr.value = 4; blr.value = 5; brl.value = 6; brr.value = 7;
std::cout value;
invert(&bt);
std::cout value;
}

Yeah, at least in western countries. I worked with a Korean dude and he was super surprised westerners don't include pictures of themselves with their resumes and stuff. It's weird to disclose personal details like that in the resume itself.

The cover letter is where you go into details about yourself, and any potential diversity categories you fall into.

How does one do it? What’s the simplest way? Why would anyone even use a binary tree anyway?

Towers of Hanoi is a CS101 thing and is easier than the binary tree question

Do you work as a software developer?

German grammar does the same, the default plural is masculine, but as grammar is a tool of the evil patriarchy to oppress wymyn the PC crowd is pushing retarded shit similar to Latinx, only that they're trying to change the default plural to female.
It's just that you hardly see them do that with words like robber, thieve, rapist etc.

that's fine but why would you use a class when everything is public instead of a struct? also i'm pretty sure they only wanted the invert function and not all that initialization bullshit

>took note of advice, want to implement into resume
>realized name is Chinese; there is no escape
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just change it, it worked from drumpf

>"white man is evil and everything he creates"
>proceeds to use technology and science created by white men

leftists are hypocrites.

>DRONALD DRUMPHIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can't believe idiots who don't know the ten most common operations on the ten most common data structures have degrees writing software. It's lunacy. Homebrew is nothing special, by the way, and should largely be overhauled by people more competent.

i like trump but you can't argue with facts, in america some surnames are worth more than others. if anything i'm criticizing american hypocrisy rather than trump

No I'm just a hobbyist. My at home studies are currently preoccupied with other matters that aren't related to directly developing an employable skill. I'm currently studying essays, books, and documents related to liberty and the development of government in western civilization. I decided I'd rather be an wise and educated hobo reading in the library and eating at a soup kitchen than an unwise and ignorant man that has money. Not really related to Jow Forums though, I plan on studying computer science and programming on my own afterwords though.

>Roussef tried to convince everyone to use "presidenta" when "presidente" was already gender-neutral in Portuguese
I can get the argument against defaulting to masculine forms, but there's a point where you cross the line into just being petty

Take a DNA test. See if you're something else, if not then you're fucked.

>put out 2 dozen resumes
>get 2 calls back
>didnt get either job
>send out another dozen resumes saying i'm hispanic
>get 7 calls back

So if I'm a trap I automatically have a better chance?