Do you think protecting your privacy and anonymity online is worthwhile or does it just arouse suspicion and is it...

Do you think protecting your privacy and anonymity online is worthwhile or does it just arouse suspicion and is it better to have a complete normie online presence and assume you're being watched all the time?

Attached: social credit.jpg (1484x742, 73K)

no u

Neither.

Why? Would a complete normie presence be suspicious?

no u

When I first got online in the mid 90s, we were told never to give out too much personal information. Stranger danger and identity theft being the main reasons. Then "social networking" came around and people started providing every little detail about their every day lives to private companies. If the government requested the kinds of information people blindly upload to private companies, we would tell them to go fuck themselves. But despite that, we do it anyway, despite the fact that government has a much more stringent set of rules to follow regarding the protection of individuals personal information.

I don't upload the nuances of my every day private life, because 1: I'm not a narcissist and 2: it's nobody elses business what I get up to on a day to day basis. I'm not on social media because I really don't care about other peoples day to day lives either. Why waste my time looking through someone elses life when I have my own to live? The important people in my life now how to get in contact with me. We survived before the internet and social media and we'll survive without it.

>We survived before the internet and social media and we'll survive without it.
I've been thinking about not going online for a few days a week but it seems really hard.

>Do you think protecting your privacy and anonymity online is worthwhile
yes
>or does it just arouse suspicion and is it better to have a complete normie online presence
I'd rather have someone be suspicious of me but then be unable to get anything concrete to back that suspicion up, as opposed to just giving up and living in a fishbowl. The reason I do all this tinfoil-hat stuff is that the feeling of being monitored bothers me. It puts my mind at ease knowing that someone can't watch me, even if they can tell I'm doing something that they want to watch.

Besides, a person or organization who'd be suspicious of me and pay extra attention to monitoring me because I'm using privacy-enhancing technologies is probably also the kind of outfit that could tell the difference between a faked and real normie online presence.

get some good books, the day will fly by offline in no time

Attached: welcome to the botnet.png (800x810, 424K)

this

There's too many people being privacy-conscious online for it to give you any extra attention. It's obviously a tiny majority of the whole, but from a structural point of view, it would add an insane and worthless amount of complexity to the surveillance scheme to target individual cases for each privacy oriented set of tools, and just a tiny portion of people using that will actually do shade shit.
If you do something else that is suspicious and makes them want you in particulsr, they'll most likely break your defenses and have your butt anyways, unless you're some amazing wizard. But the idea that they'll give you extra attention just because you use searx and a few plugins on a Void machine is preposterous.
Mass surveillance is only possible because of how easy it is, and how pozzed the stuff normalfags use is to begin with. Because it's such a gigantic infrastructure already.

Instead of going offline, which is ultimately an irrelevant achievement in it self, set yourself on those days or some hours of them at least to do something objectively useful. Choose a task to each of the sessions, plan ahead and cut off any possible distractions during that period.
It will ween you off any bad habits than just throwing away the hammer just because you're hitting it against your fingers.

What's your threat model?

I'm ok to be monitored (whatever the fuck that actually is) but it's leaving a footprint I don't like.

very different things

If you're a nobody in life, why should you be a somebody online?

sounds like someone's entitled "hurr only contact me in the most inconvenient way because I'm so awkward and in my 40s"

Suspicion? Lack of data is lack of data, you're actually much less likely to trigger automated threat warnings.

I had the internet cut off for a week because of my mommy didn't pay
one of the most productive weeks I've ever had

I'm in my 30s. And making a phone call is not inconvenient. If it is, you need to sort your own life out.

How does that make someone entitled?
How does it make contacting someone inconvenient?
How does it make someone awkward?
How does it make someone in their 40s?

Answer? It does none of that. You're mad for some inexplicable reason about something and I hope you figure it out and can find some joy in your life. Maybe you should take a break from the internet for a while and get some perspective.

Why should I care if people consider me suspicious?

It certainly is inconvenient. If you think I'm gonna spend time out of my busy day trying to reach you instead of just sending a message and getting a response whenever you see it you're deluding yourself at how important you are to people.

>He thinks a phone call is inconvenient.
>He thinks him being busy is someone else inconveniencing him.
>Can send a text message or phone someones mobile since they usually have one on them or nearby.
>Instead uses social media.

You're a fucking moron.

>It certainly is inconvenient.

Phoning someones mobile is an inconvenience? How is it any differnet than sending a text, or a message on social media? Protip.... it's not. Would you like a ladder to climb out of the hole you're digging?