Best distro for a fucking noob?

Best distro for a fucking noob?

Attached: linux-logo-2-684x500.png (684x500, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/dwm/
gentoo.org/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Arch Linux

gentoo

Thanks

If it's a noob that wants to learn, Debian, otherwise Mint

I started using Linux with it (and I'm still using it), if you don't have anyone that "tutors" you, it's pointless and really difficult to use or even install

Ubuntu is the best distribution for almost everyone, noob or otherwise. People (teenagers) here like to waste time tinkering.

Debian. Great support, lots of packages, and it doesn't outwardly try to steer you away from getting your hands dirty like Ubuntu.

gentoo

mint-xfce
or
lubuntu
or
debian

no

no

no

Xubuntu

Then Debian will be, otherwise i try Mint if i don't like it, then Ubuntu

And when i lean enough i will try ArchLinux, and gentoo.. no..

Thanks Jow Forums

xubuntu

OpenSUSE.

Reasons not to use Debian

1.The stable version contains only obsolete, slow software, yet is not stable on an absolute scale (it's Linux, after all).
2.The unstable version offers less obsolete software, but it can break at any time.
3.Debian treats its user base as free beta testers.
4.Debian develops towards trends, not functionality
5.Debian's logos and graphics are almost the ugliest available (although Ubuntu is worse).
6.Debian has a large repository, but about 20% of all programs I want are not in there, and another 50% are there in obsolete versions.
7.Debian is a pure GNU/Linux distribution (unchanged: this is a reason not to use it)
8.Debian upgrades packages every day and versions every 3-4 years, yet it never gets better.
9.Debian has documentation on par with that of other free software projects (which is almost none/useless/obsolete).
10.Debian is led by developers who couldn't get a job in a real software shop.
11.Debian requires you to spend time compiling tools that are missing from its repository.
12.Debian isn't just a logo and a package manager, but a fanatical mindset that requires ideology before functionality.
13.Dual booting hurd/bsd/linux is impossible, as you can only dual-boot two operating systems (you can triple-boot three). Triple-booting requires three eternities for three UNIX-like operating systems, or two eternities for two UNIX-like OSs and Windows.

Ehh, I'm 28 and I still prefer Arch. The tinkering leads to better performance most of the time.

so user. which distro do u use? i was thinking of ditching debian

Arch

>really difficult to use or even install
you have to be dense to not be able to install arch.

It's weird, Arch is as easy to install as Ubuntu but people keep claiming it's difficult for some reason.

Both anons are right.

1 - the software is not obsolete, as it works perfectly fine. it is definitely not slow. its extremely stable

considering your very first point is complete lies, thats all the reason anyone needs to completely ignore your shitty advice.

please fuck off

user i heard it breaks and stuff with xorg or something. is that a true meme?

>considering your very first point is complete lies
Oh, so software in the Stable version isn't outdated? OK! Dumb debian fag

does arch have an installer? no? well thats pretty fucking dumb

also, arch doesnt officially support much more than c86, while debian runs on more architectures than any other distro except gentoo

No, it only breaks stuff with the kernel every so often but a chroot from a live iso to downgrade often fixes that.

I have had more problems using Debian than with Arch.

the only people that think arch is hard to install are lazy people who hate using their brains

see here

It's just a meme. My Arch works totally fine. Ignore those faggots.

So?

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>outdated
no. its the current software in debian stable. this means its in date. software does not expire.

i bet you get a shiny new iphone every year cuz your old one is "outdated"

>an operating system without an installer
>expects to be taken seriously

I'm a Linux noob, just got Mint with xfce. It literally werks. Basically the same interface as Windows 7 once you figure out how to move the "show desktop" button

well if you use arch, you will probably get frustrated struggling to keep your system usable

if you use debian, everything will reliably work and you will have a positive experience

your choice but of those 2 I recommend going with Debian

What about Linux Mint?

For more esoteric architectures, there's Void. Installing Arch is really easy though. The hardest part, honestly, is partitioning but here's a little secret: you can use cgdisk instead of fdisk which is way less autistic. They don't like to mention that in the wiki though.

*x86

>requiring an installer

Attached: f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.jpg (400x225, 21K)

gives you the liberty of being a pompous dweeb on internet forums, just like with regular arch installation, yet simple and stable and easy enough to install for everyday normal usage. pretty much every thing you may want to do with your lonix installation is documented on arch wiki. arch.

Attached: antergos.png (600x600, 84K)

INSTALL GENTO
N
S
T
A
L
L

G
E
N
T
O

it's an outdated version, as in, obsolete, as in not the latest version, as in what i said in my first point

also read

based

Best distro for anything and everything is Debian. Just forget all the meme distros, we only ever really needed one. It's pretty much the oldest and most supported. You can change your wallpaper yourself, no need to get another distro for that.

Attached: Debian.png (2267x1763, 784K)

A few hours ago i installed ArchLinux with a video on Youtube, all good to the point of wanting to install the nvidia drivers, at that point i ruined everything.

And that's why i'm here

see

net iso

not being the latest version does not make something obsolete

excuse me

user how do i install dwm, it isnt in repos

if you want to use nvidia drivers, just go with lubuntu or mint

obsolescence is the process of becoming outdated, so yes it does

aur.archlinux.org/packages/dwm/

nope

whats aur

install gentoo

I hope OP didn't fall for the arch meme. It's a bloated and buggy distro

ok baby

gentoo.org/downloads/

in the merriam webster dictionary it is defined that way

omg some one told me it isnt buggy
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just install ubuntu and be done with it for christs sake

I have a lot of respect for Gentoo after informing me a little about him.

wheres the torrent

just use gentoo

ubuntu is amazon spyware? also isnt ubuntu basically debian
show me ur gentoo desktop, then i.might

software in *oldstable* can be considered obsolete
software in stable is current
anything newer than stable is testing

not everyone wants to or should run unstable software. in fact, the sane choice is to run stable software.

Here you go

Are you fucking retarded?

Then i will choose Linux Mint, neither Debian nor Gentoo

I'll try those two someday, but it will not be now.

I hope you're not overwhelmed with all the suggestions OP. Most people here are just memeing so if arch works for you that fine but imo I would rather use a stable distro since bleeding edge distros update frequently

Ubuntu and stay with it. There is no point in trying something else. If you learn and become expert, just try Ubuntu minimal and pin packages.

i say to install ubuntu because people like you cant make decisions for yourself. you likely arent going to put any effort into learning how to use a distro, rather you will learn ABOUT a lot of different ones. distro means nothing to you right now, stop thinking about it.

Ubuntu

For easy and ultimate comfy: Solus.

Attached: 1364768837157.jpg (1104x1104, 353K)

Attached: 519DC44E-B79D-46CE-AD14-1A9311735D7F.jpg (1752x1690, 230K)

Bullshit.

Attached: shutterstock-anger-grief-blog(1).jpg (1000x666, 165K)

Fuck off, Kevin.

INSTALL GENTOO

Manjaro or openSUSE

LFS

>65438642
INSTALL ARCH

i use arch btw

good thread

Attached: 1521658379596.jpg (882x624, 122K)

Geckolinux

Install Crux

just install debian user, its easy as fuck, and you can choose from any of the most popular DEs (start with cinnamon)

mass replying should seriously be a bannable offense.

Don't take Jow Forums's advice on this. They'll just shill you their obscure distro that nobody fucking uses. Just get Ubuntu.

does the FGLT have a section on OS's for people with lives?

if not, it should

This.

Attached: 1522755883074.png (650x4377, 871K)

But you're part of Jow Forums, your opinion is also discarded.
Also

I

N

S

T

A

L

L

G

E

N

T

O

O

keep up the good work

Attached: 1514607964648.jpg (650x851, 103K)

red star OS

Attached: clearly the best distro.png (263x201, 11K)

Attached: 2018-04-07-091330_320x141_scrot.png (320x141, 11K)

Hardened Linux From Scratch
HLFS

Windows

Why did you post a kernel logo?