ptpb.pw/WjBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post gentoo desktop

INTELLIGENT frogposter

>been using gentoo for a few years
>wanted to try other distros again for the hell of it
>can't stand having no control over anything
I guess I'm stuck here for life.

Attached: 1507227738296.gif (720x720, 1.44M)

Attached: gentoo-desktop.png (1366x768, 219K)

>post a screenshot from 2014

Post your i3 config

I am

If I were to try to >install gentoo on an old laptop just for kicks and I only have experience with *buntu and opensuse, how much of a leap would that be? would I curl in a foetal position and sob?

poor based stupid frogposter

gj

Attached: 1452274458515.jpg (768x783, 92K)

ptpb.pw/WjBw

post ur gentoo u larper. faggot fuck
u fucking lied u faggot fucking bitch, killirself faggot nigger fuck

ty bb

but this is mine

>old laptop
Well, if your hardware is particularly weak, compiling can be an issue. It would depend on your hardware, your patience, and your make.conf settings.
Personally, I prefer having 4+ threads, an SSD, and 8+ GiB of RAM - but many people manage just fine with much less than this.
>*buntu and opensuse
When I first installed Gentoo, I only had about 2 months' worth of Linux experience - mostly with Arch, which helped. Of course, I grew up with DOS, so CLIs never bothered me.

post one right now, ur current one. take a pic right now larper

cli doesn't bother me. properly setting up .confs does because I am prone to fuck things up and finding solutions where i fucked up is sometimes difficult

Shouldn't be too difficult then, but it might be good to keep backups of config files so you can easily start over from defaults if necessary.

Windows is king for well adjusted people, every linux user i've met IRL is some kind of insecure or beta nerdy faggot.

I attend a monthly lan party, and I can tell you that the linux users seem to be the most unhygienic and socially awkward people out of all the demographics, while the windows guys seem to be normal, well adjusted guys with a healthy interest for videogames/computers.

i think they mostly use linux because they're lonely and kinda sperg, so they fill the emotional void with repetitive, worthless tasks like tinkering with the command line and minimalist anime desktops.

Attached: gentoo-desktop.png (484x292, 9K)

>Windows is king for well adjusted people
Cool story, bro.

What DE fellow gentooman

i3

Sounds about right. If you have a job in the real world you realise that Linux is for servers and the desktops are a joke. That's what Windows is for.

Attached: 1517778520518.jpg (492x486, 55K)

hello, here is my gentoo desktop

Attached: 2018-04-07-115819_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 826K)

>the desktops are a joke. That's what Windows is for.
Windows is insecure, though, and high-maintenance as a result.

Shouldn't you be baking pizzas?

This, though Windows is fine for servers with $$$
Don't use obsolete software. Windows 10 is secure.