Post your questions here

>for Linux related Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump

Attached: 1522997220878.jpg (1000x684, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/MyWishlistDetail?ID=4681957
secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/PublicWishlistDetail?ID=4681957&&cm_mmc=snc-email-_-sr-_-wishlist-4681957-_-04/07/2018
wiki.debian.org/InstallFAQ#Q._How_do_I_install_.22unstable.22_.28.22sid.22.29.3F
debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/
whatip.me/
twitter.com/WZorNET/status/982303119760678912
tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php
mynemmajeff.club
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/MyWishlistDetail?ID=4681957

would that work?

secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/PublicWishlistDetail?ID=4681957&&cm_mmc=snc-email-_-sr-_-wishlist-4681957-_-04/07/2018

Tried setting up subnets and shit but I can still see my housemate's fucking chromecast on all my shit. He's on his own router, I'm on mine, we have a port switch between the two and I can still cast to his device from youtube and shit. I could cast to it whenever I wanted and there isn't shit he could do. I'm not a fuckhead so I don't, but I still feel like the fact it's getting through three routing devices a bit of a security hole. Any way to block all this from my router?

>would that work?
to do what, exactly?
the raid card looks destitute 'destroy my data' tier, and it doesn't say in the specs whether it will work in pcie x1 mode either which is probably the main concern
if you only have a pcie x1 slot and you don't need to physically move the connector then just get a pcie x1 raid card from a slightly more reputable manufacturer for around $30-50, this has the added benefit of not needing any sort of external power supply connection to power a riser card

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1501524873843.png (1500x2085, 3.08M)

Does the free version of Malwarebytes disable Windows Defender? Alternately, what's my best option for an AV that offers real-time protection instead of fixing the damage after the fact?

The best antivirus is not running proprietary software.

OP is not referring to GNU/Linux

What is the frequincy in RAM sticks good for?

Like i am selecting DDR 2x8GB kit for my new pc and the have two completely teh same but one has 400MHZ higher frequency but costs a bunch more too
Is the difference really that big?

2nd line, very disrespectful.
Also purposely drops the https for http in the DuckDuckGo link for some reason.

Probably not much difference between 400MHz, but there is definitely some performance gain to be had

does Ubuntu 16.04 have good privacy ?

>2nd line
is not referring to gnu/linux
>very disrespectful.
your opinion or just like you shitting every thread?

>purposely drops the https for http in the DuckDuckGo link for some reason
and the reason is: when you click it, it will redirect to https
the http is to allow you to highlight the URL and right click open it

stop your spam

no

Can I activate a clean windows 10 home install with the key that comes with a preinstalled Win10S notebook?

It's fine, the only drama was including online search results when looking for local programs.
It was switched off by default after some backlash, still, you can double check under Ubuntu System Settings > Privacy

Different user, but I don't blame him one bit when you refer to Linux without the GNU/ prefix.
>the http is to allow you to highlight the URL and right click open it
Works just fine with https too.
No reason to have http at all these days, even with the redirect.

>firefox+violentmonkey?

Firefox + Tampermonkey

at some point linus should start to interject, you both seem incapable to comprehend there can and is linux without gnu as well because of your trained knee jerk reaction
and i do blame him because he has taken great pleasure to shit recent threads and troll on purpose

>http
you must have enabled clickable links, it's not default iirc

There's also GNU without Linux. What's your point? People use GNU/Linux and they have a thread about it right here . Why would you make things more difficult on purpose?

Should I only buy an OLED TV? My friend is telling me OLED > QLED, however Samsung doesn't even sell any OLED TV's.
Are Samsung TVs that much greater than Sony and LG?
What 55"-60" OLED TV would Jow Forums recommend

Attached: 233904-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 33K)

Is there a plugin that redirects google images as it used to be?

Attached: dancing spurdo.gif (749x578, 160K)

Maybe you generous fellas can help a closeted hobbist. I got a:

"LG 29UM65 Black 29" 5ms Dual HDMI UltraWide screen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS" (link below)

running on a "XFX Double D FX-787A-CDBC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition Black Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16" (link below)

And I can't ascertain how to raise my resolution beyond 1920x1080 in Windows 7 64 bit and finally rid myself of these black bars! Thanks in advance.

Monitor:

GPU:

Attached: 24-005-624-08.jpg (1280x960, 97K)

What cable do you use?

Why is it impossible to avoid Indians nowadays?
Looking up some info on software or hardware is fucking impossible because of the tens of thousands of layers of cury fueled diarrhea the pajeets shat on the internet in the past few years.

The free version of MBAM doesn't provide real-time protection after the automatic "Premium trial" expires. It should only be used for occasional scanning and uninstalled afterwards. Stick with Windows Defender and bump UAC to the highest level, there's no need to install anything else apart from common sense into your brain. :^)

No. Blame all of those companies that insist on outsourcing their shit to India and thereby encourage them to flood the internet.

I wouldn't give a shit if they stayed on their corner of internet like the French the Russians the Chinese and whatnot but nowadays looking anything up is basically like diving in a pool of curry flavored shit and arcane english/Indian dialects and accents that hurt my soul.

>He's on his own router, I'm on mine, we have a port switch between the two
Hold up. Why? Please give more details about your setup.

Burgers are even harder to avoid. Heck, I bet you're one.

>the Chinese
That's changing rapidly. People are going to be really caught off guard.

Dvi-d

Tried a do cable as well.

It's so dumb for me to realize this now but I have an HDMI cable running into a Sony 48 inch LCD TV from the video card. Would I need to unplug that as it wouldn't handle the widescreen?

>Tried a *DP* Cable as well

I bet filtering by common phrases and words would hide more than half the sit they put online:
>needful, revert, prepone, take a backup, upgradation

You forget dear sir

Are you using duplicate rather than extend? You should experiment with connecting a single display to the card first.

What's a cheap but adequate access point/router? I only need 802.11n support and fair range. Everything after that is a bonus.

my point is exactly what i posted already multiple times -- the op does NOT refer to just gnu/linux however people who want gnu/linux will still see it in the results when/if they follow that link, and there was a direct link to the fglt
>Why would you make things more difficult on purpose?
because fuck you that's why, you won't just come and shit in my thread every single time
and what things are more difficult? the gnu/linux thread is still there. this is the /sqt/ not the /fglt/

the battery of my phone has been fluctuating a ton, is this caused by overheating? it looses its charge either fast or instantly sometimes. camera can get warm (which sits next to battery) due to camera apps.

Attached: Screenshot_20180407-131916.png (1438x813, 63K)

That port goes to another modem/router that we don't have access to, which will connect other tenants. Some shitty ghetto setup the owner of the building made. Works surprisingly well though. My housemate and I have separate routers connected to our port because we have a lot of wired connections to game consoles and shit.

Yeah, that makes more sense.
Does your router do NAT?

NAT and hardware NAT apparently. Not too sure what that means.

Actually stupid questions incoming.

Have been using Lubuntu for the last couple of years, but wanted to try Debian. As I understand there are different up to date versions of Debian. Which one is the most convenient for a personal development laptop?

Also, I've been told to do a netinstall. Is it possible to choose the version of Debian in a netinstall or is it a netinstall another Debian version on its own?

Attached: 1435872935419.gif (512x384, 2.56M)

I got IP banned from twitch for creating multiple accounts with racist user names. This wouldn't be a big deal (I've already found a way to still watch twitch through a third party app i downloaded)

However my room mates have prime subscriptions and will notice that our whole household is IP banned. I don't want to explain to them what happened.

I found a way to get a new IP address - MAC address cloning, or in router settings you do "Use Computer MAC Address" instead of auto.

I tried it and it worked - I got a new IP.. unbanned from twitch.

Is Use Computer MAC Address bad? Does it expose my computer to the internet?

Should I change it by one digit instead?

Talk to me

man up instead, nothing wrong with beeing a racist.

Go check what gateway your housemate's devices use. If it's not his router, it could be that main building router that you don't have access to, which probably means his own router is set in repeater/access point mode, which means it doesn't do NAT for his devices. Even if that's not the case, the problem needs to be fixed on his router, so that it doesn't expose his stuff.
Check your own devices' gateway as well - it should be your router.

This. Tell them you were fighting the good fight against niggers and pajeets.

So I took the MAC address it generate / gave me when I selected 'Use Computer MAC Address' and changed it by 1 digit. Still have internet. Still have a different IP and unbanned from twitch. Am I good? I'm basically using a custom MAC address in my router settings.

I don't have a cable modem... it's built into my apartment. I'm just using a different router than what my ISP gave me (shitty night hawk)

Am i missing anything?

I get that... I mean it was pretty innocent, I was just being edgy. But whatever. I'm in the clear

>I'm in the clear
There's a change you're going to get fucked by your ISP for MAC spoofing.

You're right. I hadn't thought about that. It's not against the law. Looks like I have some more research to do to fully understand this concept myself, and also from their point of view.

What are some universities in Canada I should absolutely avoid when it comes to CS?

Would anybody know which is the best of this list:
McMaster/Guelph/York/UoiT

Onii-chan, please reply

Attached: pleaaase.png (640x480, 903K)

It sounds like your ISP authenticates subscribers by MAC address (if it was a PPPOE connection what you did wouldn't work). Clone your computer's MAC address but don't change the digits. This way, you don't risk using the MAC address of another device that's not yours and you don't risk getting suspended for MAC spoofing.

Just installed discord on kubuntu, Whenever i want to share a game i'm playing on discord it just shows the whole of both my screens (i have 2 monitors)
How do i get it to only show the game, or at least just one monitor?

Actually it is PPPoE. I have a PPPoE login and everything.

So you're saying there's no danger in cloning my computer's MAC address? I read elsewhere that it somehow negates whatever protection my router offers me as a firewall or whatever.

I hear what you're saying in the latter part though, makes sense.

how do i get manual proxies to wrok? (finding an ip address and port number, then putting it into firefox's network proxy settings)

or am i just finding bunk ones. they never connect

>wanted to try Debian
try it with their live cd

>Which one for laptop
sid

>do a netinstall
no*

>Is it possible to choose the version of Debian in a netinstall or is it a netinstall another Debian version on its own?
wiki.debian.org/InstallFAQ#Q._How_do_I_install_.22unstable.22_.28.22sid.22.29.3F
debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/

i don't advice you to leave lub for deb
* if you do, test it first, install later

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!!!! AAA!!!

You might have a dynamic IP, user. Go to whatip.me/ and note your current IP, then reboot the router/modem and check again. If the IP changed, then you don't need to do any MAC cloning.

How the actual fuck do you work out which application is responsible for handle leaks in WMI service?

One more try.

While its addons still used XUL, each new version of Firefox might make addons require updates. So in essence, each new version of Firefox had a slightly modified "library" for coding addons than the previous version, yes? If so, is there a comprehensive guide of differences in the "libraries" between two versions, or do I have to comb FF's damn release notes one by one?

Attached: 1519559342895.jpg (552x433, 22K)

Thank you based user!

Is CF-Auto-Root still the best root method for my s5?

Attached: 1517618423915.png (125x97, 18K)

This is going to be the stupidest question I have ever asked
I'm trying to get a clean ISO of the RTM build for Windows 10 1803 (17133.1)
The only place I have been able to get an ISO for what claims to be this is off the twitter of a Russian guy from a cloud.mail.ru link.
I have it downloaded but don't really have a way of testing the legitimacy of it, as no SHA-1 hashes of the ""official"" release are out yet.
The only thing is this guy probably just got it from being an insider, and the hashes on his 1709 release match mine.
Should I go ahead and flash my friend's PC with this ISO? I can't wait until monday/tuesday and he doesn't want to have to update to a big release by himself (which is where installing the 1803 release now comes in)
This is the release twitter.com/WZorNET/status/982303119760678912
what do

Attached: HD dumb woj.png (1000x989, 88K)

Can someone teach me how to port LineageOS to my obscure device? I have the Wileyfox Spark X (porridgek3)

my pc or gpu (rx480) cant handle modern games for some reason it crashes drivers sooner or later, its still under warranty but im not sure if its gpu. some say it could be psu hw info gives me this is there anything suggesting it might be psu (evga g2 supernova 750w)?

Attached: 01.jpg (455x164, 16K)

Use a tool to download from microshaft.
tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

Wipe drivers with DDU, then run Unigine Heaven or play games, see if it crashes again.

>17133.1

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (576x211, 10K)

How do I make the captcha work again on Jow Forums?

Capcha V1 has stopped being accepted by Jow Forums.

My Dad's external HDD with all his music on isn't being recognised in My Computer (on either of our systems, however it does show up in Device Manager and Disk Management (on both of our systems). In Disk Management it shows up as unallocated and uninitialsed which I take to mean the data is corrupted? Is there any way to recover/fix this and get his music back?
Thanks for your help.

Attached: happyhdd.png (1920x1080, 63K)

I downloaded that iso and it's not booting in vmware

Attached: vm.png (1020x879, 29K)

I'm in France and looking to buy a new laptop, I check various sites and find one that seems decent at about $1000, I go to check on European sites and it goes for 1100-1500€ here, how the fuck is a 50% price hike justified?

Hi, I need some help.
The a key of my girlfriends laptop is broken and I'd like to swap it with a lesser used key, like x or q for now.
She uses xubuntu 17.10 and apparently the often suggested method with xmodmap is obsolete, but I don't understand how the xkb tools work. I would really appreciate if you could tell me an easy way to remap those keys.

VAT and jews being jews.

Hey /sqt/, purchased mynemmajeff.club in a fit of boredom. Any thoughts on what to host on there?

you are a fool if you thought this was legit
at least you posted here before installing

How hard is it to transfer music files from an ubuntu system to an iPhone without installing itunes?

Attached: flappy2016.jpg (600x400, 38K)

It's legit. It doesn't host itself, it bypasses the sign in on microsoft's website. It's not hard to testify to the authenticity.

why doesnt it boot then

Because you're an idiot. Unpack the iso on to a standard USB stick, uefi will load up the installer for you.

can we get a SMART status of said disk?

How does one get the motivation to learn and program outside of work?

I just feel so dead, especially creatively wise.

What is the point when nothing I do will get me access to pussy?

Attached: 1523062237260.png (922x988, 87K)

>cheap headphones
>they work fine
>decide to plug them back in my laptop for whatever reason
>small spark pops up
>mouse stop working, but laser still lights up
>"usb device not recognized" bubble keeps popping up
>unplug mouse, still pops up
>maybe the mouse is dead
>plug it into another PC
>it works just fine
>mfw

The usb headers are fucked on my laptop, aren't they?

Attached: file.png (816x650, 502K)

Work hard get money buy pussy.

>using shitty usb headphones
what were you expecting? don't let the chinaman near anything actively powered and connected to sensitive electronics.

also, quite possibly. you might have just YELLOWED.com'd your USB controller.

They aren't USB headphones, regular 35mm ones. Maybe I could see if I can source a replacement controller and replace it, maybe that will work? What other tests should I do to narrow it down?

Man that hits hard
I'm 20, doing a bachelor of Computer Sci, got a decent as Systems Administration job, great cash
Spent 99% of my spare time hammering hard away at personal projects and reading as much as I can, but I get fuck all pussy
My Chad mates just go drinking every night and casually work out and are far exceeding me. I'm not ugly, just lanky with not much muscle
Entirely sidelined my passion to exercise and go drinking but it's gonna be fucking ages before I catch up and I just can't bring myself to work on projects anymore
Just got cucked tonight too, girl bailed because she ran into her ex

Attached: unnamed.jpg (354x415, 80K)

what are torrent sites that are not notorious for being a trojan-invested shithole?

Is Fedora good ?

wait, what the fuck? your 3.5mm jack killed your USB? that's... oddly perplexing. even if you directly short a 3.5mm jack, it shouldn't do anything like that. you probably couldn't even get that from running DC into your headphone jack. what the fuck.

no, though, you're probably not going to have a fun time replacing your USB controller, let alone sourcing a new one, if that's even what is wrong. it does sound like it's fried though :(

yes, it's pretty okay. I've been using it for a month or two and it's like the middle ground between the normie shit like ubuntu and the autistic shit like void (and nowhere near the savant autistic shit like gentoo)

what about Debian ?

I tried drivers from 16-.18. (current) and its weird but Heaven, Superposition, Furmark dont crash its only in FFXV - from playing 30s to 30min,
, Nioh - same as FFXV
and NFS Payback. - 15min of playtime average
and now 3dmark one I tried crashed drivers. in like half of first test.

slightly more autistic than fedora. still just as "okay" as it was 5 years ago.

Yeah, you're gonna have to look at the dev release notes for the versions you want and scroll to the "Changes for add-on and Mozilla developers" section near the end of the page.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Releases

Return the card. Drivers don't usually crash if there's a PSU problem.

Try using your ISP router again, you might have convinced them to lease you a new IP address.

I have an old hard drive that has pictures from like the early 2000s and want to recover them but the problem is whenever I plug in the drive it keeps cutting off every few seconds and can't really access the files in that time. Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I have to go to a hardware specialist to fix it?

using the hashes from torrentz2 is safe i guess