How the hell do you make a system quiet?

How the hell do you make a system quiet?
All my fans are set to low but I can still hear a buzz.

Attached: guts.jpg (3264x2448, 2.66M)

Go fanless.

Yea but the power supply?

I had the same cpu fan on my old fx 6350 that thing was like a jet engine. Get a 212 evo.

There are fanless power supplies.

That said there are many quiet fans (like the ones that be quiet makes) that are quiet enough to not bother anyone, unless you really want perfect silence (in that case you'd also have to rid of hard disks and use only SSDs).

get a noise insulated case
get better fans

my pc has 8 fans, literally can't hear anything

Use PWM fans that can share single header, like AC F series.

Install speedfan and make speed/temp curves.

Have antec 300 with 5fans+cpu+gpu+psu and it's almost completely silent@idle. Biggest noise is occasional click from 2.5 drive.

I know nothing about fans, how do I find electrically compatible ones?
How do I know a fan is quiet?

You can get a powersupply that only turns the fan on if you use more than a certain percentage, use one of those and don't use too much power.

I can only afford several fans or some insulating material at the moment.

Wire your fans to a separate physical switch and just turn them off unless you need them. Although I guess you'd need to monitor temps, you probably dont need cooling for web browsing, and the worst that happens is your shit overheats and just shuts down. Alternatively, place your tower in another room and run your cables through the wall

Buy fans that aren't complete shit. I run my NF-A14s at 5V via a fan controller and they're completely inaudible.

They don't even sell those anymore

>stock cooler
>but muh noise!!!
LOL

So find out what's making the buzz and fix it.

How though?

since you've already taken the sidepanel off, it should be easy for you to figure out which of your fans is the offender and plan a replacement.

remove each fan's blades one by one and it when it gets quieter, you know which fan is the loud one
remove like 3-4 blades on that one, that should reduce the noise

>stock cpu cooler
>chink psu
>shit case
>wants seemingly perfect silence

Lower your standards to that of your pc OP.

Attached: 1514841126356.jpg (761x1024, 51K)

What makes a fan quiet so that I can make a positive replacement?

I have a Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 PSU. It's silent even when the fan turns on. My Noctua CPU fans are silent because I run them at the lowest possible RPM. Sadly my GPU has stock cooling and makes a small amount of noise. Wish I could afford one of those newfangled giant GPUs with such a large cooling block that the fan turns off while idle.

Hard drives probably.
I have liquid cooled system and i only hear the hard drives making noise.

good bearings, low speeds and running it within spec (i.e. maglev fans are terrible if you connect them to 3 instead of 4 pin (PWM))
google up reviews of fans, they should all include noise measurements. Get all your comparative info in one place, the testing is not standardized.

besides the fan movement itself, noise will happen if air moves through obstacles causing turbulence.

and from your guts shot, the annoying buzzing may also come from the old classic hdd. So happy i don't deal with these spinning metal hunks anymore.

Stop gayming, or accept slightly lower graphics, and move to a tiny fanless pc like a zotac.
Maybe wait untill someone releases one with the new zen apu.
No noise, 30x size reduction, same functionality.

my GF's shitty A8 has that same fan