R8 my home server cable management, did yesterday

r8 my home server cable management, did yesterday

Attached: back.jpg (3000x2250, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/SJB-19-Data-Comms-15U-600x600-19-SERVER-RACK-IT-CABINET-ACCESORIESS-/272259582048
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both can slide out.

Attached: slide_bottom.jpg (3000x2250, 2.18M)

who cares

what do you use it for

Attached: slide_top.jpg (3000x2250, 2.27M)

what cable management?

>copper connection
Lol...

The bottom one mainly hosts:

- rutorrent
- mpd
- samba for accessing media
- nextcloud
- graphite + grafana for metrics

And a few other small service.
The top one is a desktop currently.

Attached: bottom_server.jpg (3000x2250, 2.22M)

so its a meme server

I'm not sure what you mean, are you referring to the audio cables?

Nothing meme about it, it hosts services for me, so it's a server, just because it uses consumer-grade hardware doesn't mean that it's not a server.

it is a big chunk of server that does little things, maybe get a rack or smth

It does things I want it to do, why should it do more?
Also, I have a rack, are you blind?

Attached: front_bottom.jpg (3000x2250, 2.3M)

I also put old consumer Gigabyte mobos in cheap DIY 4U cases

Attached: IMGP5224 resize.jpg (3476x2318, 1.24M)

Sweet setup user-senpai. I wish I had this much space in my rack, but it's pretty short so it's a squeeze.

How many TB?

>talking about server
>"audio cables"
You can't make up this shit.

An rPi could do the same job.

Why is there a separate sound card when the audio cable is connected to the built-in jack?

Is that some AM3 quad core? Looks like a lot of power and noise for not so much tasks.

>Having a homeserver
>Not having a UPS
The state of Jow Forums 2018

32.4 raw, half that usable. I didn't have the money for 12 3TB drives all at once so I had to use RAID 1 (ZFS) so I could expand it in stages. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Btrfs RAID56 fixes going into recent kernels. (I'm probably going to wind up let down again by it sooner or later though...)

If you get one of the cases that has a stabilizing bar across the top you can tie cables to it, that helps a lot. Your rack is a lot neater than mine though. and I can't say I'm not envious of the four-in-one 2.5 hotswap bay, those things are so fucking cute

yeah but where's the fun in that?

>inb4 muh surge protection outlets
This is reddit tier tech illiteracy circlejerk here anyways.

Not everyone lives in third world countries.
I live in Germany and can't remember the last power outage.

I actually kept that temporarily for comparison, one of the USB cables connect to a Topping D30 and that's how mpd plays music for me.

I don't know if rPi can let me watch 4k movies off of a RAID5 of 500GB drives.

I was going to connect that sound card but I need a slightly longer audio cable, so for now it's just there doing nothing.

And yes, it's AM3 Phenom II X4, and I don't know about noise, my fans run at lowest speeds and my cpu temp is currently 35*C.

UPS would make sense if I hosted services for other people, as it stands if my server goes down for some time due to power issues that's gonna be at most a mild inconvenience for myself. Pointless cost.

>32.4 in RAID1
NOICE
ANd yeah, the bar across the top looks pretty sweet for cable management, I wish I had something like that. Yeah, the hotswap bay is fuckin' adorable. I'm kinda tempted to buy 3 of them and put them all in the left bay instead of the big fan.

hell, I live in Flyover Country, Burgerland, which is not known for amazing infrastructure, and we get maybe one outage a year.

Forgot my pic.

Attached: 610DbYuYbIL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 107K)

so what's inside the other machine, user?

I rackmounted my gaming machine and my router, too. I should probably take the second 680 out since SLI doesn't even work in Linux and I rarely bother booting it to Windows these days.

Attached: IMGP1830.jpg (2426x1332, 805K)

You really don't "get it" do you.
The state of Jow Forums 2018.

Just a simple desktop:
>i7-5820K
>MSI X99S SLI PLUS
>32GB DDR4
>GeForce GTX 660
>2x500GB HDD RAID1 (data)
>2x512GB SSD RAID1 (os)

It used to run Win10 for gaming but I've had enough of that and switch it to just Debian. I can still play most of what I want on linux.

Attached: top_destop.jpg (3000x2250, 2.07M)

Front.

Attached: front_top.jpg (3000x2250, 2.2M)

What's the POE port powering?

A switch that connects that Mikrotik router to my ISP modem.

>UPS would make sense if I hosted services for other people, as it stands if my server goes down for some time due to power issues that's gonna be at most a mild inconvenience for myself. Pointless cost.
Kek, I hope this is bait. You have my (You).

>thinking you need an UPS for a power outage

I love threads like this. Fucking kindergarten.

Haven't seen someone getting assblasted and trying to defend being a dumbass in a while

>you NEED an UPS for a HOME server
not sure who is the dumbass here

We can clearly see you're the dumbass here. It's even funnier that you don't get it.

The state of Jow Forums 2018

It really is kindergarten, this kids are retared. No wonder they all end up NEET, living in their mothers basement and shitposting "advice" on Jow Forums

you are free to leave at any time.
shitting up a home server thread with "muh kindergarten" and "muh you dont get it" as your only arguments is kinda weak.

I use a UPS behind my retro game consoles also.
Guess poorfags will poorfag.

Very nice, Hows mine?

Attached: IMG_20180407_131228.jpg (2797x2610, 3.11M)

Should have read the title of the post, Yet to mount my server in rack.

Attached: SpeccS.jpg (673x585, 244K)

Those sata cables need some zipties brother.
Nice gear anyway.

Dude, you need some RAID1 up in this bitch. Even my desktop runs 2x512 GB SSD in RAID1.

What is the purpose of the audio cables, user?

I play music from my server. It holds me 300+ GB music collection and streams music from MPD over http as well as play it from speakers in my office room. The audio cable is actually redundant now since I use USB DAC pictured here: I kept it installed because I wanted to do some comparisons with the DAC.

It's nice having my desktop off and being able to control music playback on my mpd server from my cellphone and have it play in my room.

Noted, Just took out the HDD mounting frame. Gives airflow from the from fan for the 970.

Will need to look into that, Currently running RAID 0 that backs up to a drive outwith the front backplane. Was looking into a RAID 10 for a time for the mass storage RAID.

What enclosure is that? I'm looking for something similar.

SJB 15U

ebay.co.uk/itm/SJB-19-Data-Comms-15U-600x600-19-SERVER-RACK-IT-CABINET-ACCESORIESS-/272259582048

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1214, 157K)

How much electricity does it use and what's inside?

>much electricity does it use
No idea whatsoever. I guess I could measure it with something I could borrow from my uncle, but then again I'm not so poor that I care.

>what's inside
The desktop at the top: And the server:
>Phenom II X4 960T
>8GB DDR3
>Gigabyte 970A-UD3
>6x500GB RAID5 (media)
>2x1TB RAID1 (crucia data)
>2x120 GB SSD RAID1 (os)
>2TB usb 3.0 backup drive