Google Code Jam general

codejam.withgoogle.com/2018/
New interface is shit btw.

Feel free to discuss about problems, since according to the FAQ it's totally legal in this round.
Anybody done Trouble Sort hidden(large)?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

I don't think a botnet codejam is very popular on an anti-botnet forum

Jow Forums still begin in fizzbuzz levels

if you think so

my solution to trouble sort is correct for the sample tests but fails on submission, I liked it better last year when I could see the inputs

Just bruteforce it man

They run the tests on their servers now so no one can really say if they've successfully done Trouble Sort large until this round is over.
This new interface is shit and I'm too much of a brainlet for the last problem.

new interface has pissed me off, code kept failing when I submitted it and the compilier error message wasnt helpful, had to physically remove code i had from last year to read and write to files. This appears to off been the problem.
And the server is so slow giving submission results. I see now they have even put a message up saying system is slow due to heavy usage

REEE WHY IM SEEING THIS SO LATE

ah shit happens. Hope for next edition lol

There is still 13 hours remaining, as the first (Qualification) round goes on for 27 hours and you just have to gain enough points out of the problems, so you can get into it without worries.

i am but I think i'm failing on some edgecase

A bruteforce should not have edge cases.
I hope you fix your bugs

Mostly blank page for me

Attached: Screenshot-2018-4-7 Google Code Jam.png (1680x958, 17K)

Had the same problem, the new interface is quite bad and has quite a lot of bugs.
Try to clear your cookies and relogin.

>no Rust
dropped

Bumpin

Nice, I got Gopher right, and it's probably alright on hidden as well.

>"Runtime error."
Thanks for the details, Google.

Learn to debug your code, nigger.

>print "hello, world!"
alright, got it. When can i apply ?

B-but, on my machine it works.

Anyone done Cubic UFO? I've fixed my floating point issues and I'm now getting the sample results with the same level of precision, but I'm still failing. I can't figure out what's wrong.

//input

//output
Case #1:
0.5 0.0 0
0.0 0.5 0
0 0 0.5
Case #2:
0.3535533905932738 0.35355339059327373 0
-0.35355339059327373 0.3535533905932738 0
0 0 0.5
Case #3:
0.46193976625564337 0.1913417161825449 0
-0.1913417161825449 0.46193976625564337 0
0 0 0.5

>Requires javascript to display text
Nope.

WHY AM I CONSTANTLY GETTING RUNTIME ERRORS WHEN IT WORKS ON MY MACHINE????? HOLY SHIT IM SO FUCKING MAD

ITT: shitters getting mad because they submitted buggy code

>mfw I figure out after 2 hours of runtime errors that "import scipy" gives a runtime error

Why can't google give us better error messages?

Attached: KE2Sr88.png (436x441, 404K)

Check out for tricky cases, out of bounds errors, you know, the kind of thing that makes up for runtimes errors.

Also, you can just make a random case generator, set n to low, run it in a loop and eventually, it will find a case, for which your solution gives the runtime error.

Fuck the last problem, I hate geomethery

What's your problem?

Why is this new system so shit compared to the older one, REEEE

Anybody done all the problems?

teest

bump

I did the first one no problem. Spent some time on the 4th one only on the easy input. You can basically solve it by calculating points on the unit circle given an angle, but I think I'm having the same problem as Haven't spent any time on extending to the hard input or on problems 2 or 3.

Sorry, first time trying this shit out: am I supposed to code on the text box they provide and then hit the submit button to receive a test fail/pass, but receive no test result output?

I assume my score somehow lowers if I submit wrong answers?

In the qualification rounds, the time penalty (5 minutes per wrong answer) doesn't matter, since you just need 25 points to pass to the next rounds.
There are 2 test groups for each problem - visible and hidden. The visible ones have a smaller max input, so are easier, and you can immediately see if you passed them or not. On the other hand, the results for the hidden tests become available after the end of the contest.

I'm not running goddamn scripts to display some text. Why the hell would you think that's okay?

Do you properly handle the end of the case (two 0s) and in general, the transition to another case?

yeah, i check for 0 0 and break out of my inner loop
i realized it was a dumb question when i posted it because its waay too vague
ill just try figuring it out myself, ive got infinite retries in any case

Good luck then

well i still have no idea what was wrong, but i just deleted the special case i had for the "easy" version of the problem and now it passes
whatever, at least now i can be pretty sure that the "hard" version will pass as well

wow... tried again after waking up, turns out i was uploading it as a bash script. guess i shouldn't try to code on no sleep

Damn

tfw just see this at 1am with 4 hours left

guess it's time to have some sleepless fun even if i can't possibly pass to the first round

fuck yeah, managed to do the trouble sort in 4 tries :D

Let me guess, vocabulary isn't your brightest side too :D

Oh shit I just figured it out. It took me a while to realize you only need to decide if the given list is sortable with TroubleSort. Tip: TroubleSort has an "equivalent" that is easily implemented and gives the desired results.

too much of a brainlet for these questions. what can i do to gitgud?

/thread...
> mfw this weekend coding competition cropped up and they paid dumb fucks in pizza/soda to solve their corporate problems
> mfw nerds stay getting exploited

How's everyone doing? I managed to get the first 2 and test 1 of the 4th problem. I feel confident in moving to the next round.

Only got 1st and 2nd problems, spent a while thinking about 3rd and 4th looking forward to seeing results and analysis/solutions to 3rd and 4th problem.

plus you dont know about the hidden inputs so I may or may not of qualified

39 pts. Until next week!

>tfw 28 points
The brainlet scrapes by to the next round.

I know how you feel. I got a concussion earlier today and forgot about it until there was only 50 minutes left so I barely got 28 points. I feel like a moron but at least we made it.

Wtf, I failed the first one. Still, 43 points suffices

Orthography*

Oh ffs, my loop was breaking a level too high. Gotos never fail.

Wow, Trouble Sort large was actually pretty easy.

I wonder if Gennady will win again

i really liked how comfy the qualifier round felt
practically no time limit, unlimited retries, internet access, just a couple of relatively simple problems and you
the uni acm competitions are so stressful in comparison (and obviously, the next rounds will be as well)

Yeah, the 3 next rounds are gonna be quite difficult.
At least they increased the limit, and now 1500 pass to the 2nd round, per each of the 3 sub-rounds. Used to be only 1000.

Meh, why did they ""modernise"" the good old interface into something so, so terible