What is 0 A.D.?

>What is 0 A.D.?

0 A.D. is a free as in freedom, open source game, inspired by Age of Empires 2. It's avaible for Windows, OSx, GNU/Linux and BSD

>Why should I care?

Because it's one of the few good FREE games, it promotes historical accuracy, it's fun to play, it has multiplayer and anyone can contribute to the game, for example if you're an historian you can check the accuracy of the civilizations, propose and help create new ones of the time period, if you can program you can help the team or create a mod yourself, if you have 3D modeling skills you can create new models for the game, etc... without having to ask permission to anyone. The game has a free p2p multiplayer.

>Why do you posted it in this board?

To BTFO all the "hurr durr there is no gayming or leenooks!!!!!".

Personally, I'm not affiliated to the team, but I think the development would be faster if more people play and contribute. Also, it would be nice to have more opponents in multiplayer.

play0ad.com/

Attached: 0ad-wallpaper-stripeshorizontal01.jpg (1600x1200, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

play0ad.com/game-info/project-overview/
play0ad.com/download/linux/
store.steampowered.com/linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have to work on performance improvements as well as animations.

Can i kill and enslave jews ingame?

is online multiplayer a thing?

I use a shitty 2011 laptop and it runs better than AOE
You would have to create your own scenario for it. If you have passion and imagination, you can. It requires 0 programming skills, the scenario editor is built inside the game
Yep, the multiplayer is p2p

>suddenly games are OK when it's "muh GNU/Freedom"
Double standard tech illiterates.

freetard website

>runs better than AOE
Using a laptop myself and no, this is false.

no, technology website
gaymes and manchildren go to /v/

Idk, I run it in minimal graphics.
Maybe it's the OS, I used tu run AoE on linux and maybe Wine fucked it up

I guess you didn't get the memo
the only reason why we hate video games is because they don't work on linux

Wrong. Spotted the newfag.
He probably doesn't even know why the sticky is RMS.

>better than AoE

Which one?
I encourage you to create a campaign like this, post in Jow Forums and let things unfold.
I'm kinda curious what stance the devs will adopt.

>0 A.D.

What a stupid name, that's not even a real date.

Is it available for musl/clang/busybox/Linux?

About what*

I've been here since 2013

This.
Also, I hope such a game was not made by a burger.

Yeah, that's the point of the title

play0ad.com/game-info/project-overview/

>“0 A.D.” is a time period that never actually existed: In the usual calendar, one goes from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. and skips zero. This reflects the historical fiction in the game: Who would have won if all the factions were pitted against each other when each of them was at its prime?

>We intend to portray some of the major civilizations over the millennium of 500 B.C. to 500 A.D. (Hence the midpoint, zero.) That is an ambitious prospect, so in the first edition of 0 A.D. we focus on the last five centuries B.C. Perhaps in future expansion packs, more civilizations will be added, along with additional gameplay features.
It works on most famous distros
play0ad.com/download/linux/

Does the ai function already?

Played it years back, the pathfinding was redicilous

The AI is even too much overpowered by my standards now

OH my God, thank you OP for posting about this game here. I've been looking for a game like this for so long. I loved settlers, but since Ubisoft gives a shit about players and they only think about retards playing these new games, they left the series behind. I always wanted a RTS, and this is how it's done.

I'm glad I managed to let you know about it

>500bc to 500ad
Empire earth goes from cavemen to space battles.
And it’s on gog.

Attached: FB201D35-A72C-474D-AEB3-5352D4E2E829.jpg (1024x768, 167K)

But this is literally a GNU/game, user.
>0 A.D. is a free as in freedom, open source game inspired by botnet.

Yeah but the civs in empire earth had no differences between each other

You got customizable civ bonuses instead.

EE1 is plain and simple a better game than AOE2, just that AOE2 had a resurgence with steam releasing the HD edition.

EE1 is DRM free, cheaper, has more content and better features.

Attached: 9FB89801-723D-492A-823D-9AB961C3F0F2.jpg (1440x1080, 159K)

0AD is fun, but Zero-K is a better game in multiplayer OR against the AI.

>women are weaker then men
How do we solve this?

it's a pretty bad game desu

Is it worth it? I remember trying it but I couldn't get into it, probably felt a little too old at the time.

And I love old games.

Did they go full SJW? I could've sworn the poo in loo civ (Mauryans) had topless women in earlier releases or maybe that was a similar civ added through a mod?

Women are still weaker than men and egyptians are white, so no

But does it respect my freedoms?

Why would i play bootleg AoE?

I was testing this shit when i was working as a game tester at EA. Buggy af slow and enemy force/npc is stupidly OP. I have to admit that it can be fun, but you need patience and not having a life

new as fuck

Try pic related some time.

Fast & efficient, lots and lots of features, AI is actually fairly clever rather than only unfairly cheat-boosted... best RTS around.

Attached: 01warlord.png.jpg (2419x1269, 180K)

Wolololo

Because lincucks need to ripoff good games to think they have any real games. They'll never have a gaming industry windows will always win against lincucks.

> ripoff good games
Most of these games aren't "Linux" games. The vast majority is just open sauce cross-platform games.

> They'll never have a gaming industry
It already happened:
store.steampowered.com/linux

you can not change reality

Go back to faggot

Well it’s an ancient game with 0 bullshit, gog has it and it’s DRM free
They ask you not to distribute it but in their policy “individual peer copies” are permitted.
So you can’t like, host it for download, but you can give people copies directly.

More free than steam DRM on aoe2

where are the goths?

>where are the goths?
Still stuck in 1999.

well, there's worse places to be stuck.

also get xonotic and quetoo for bitchin libre quake-like games. please download them, they're amazing but also they're so empty it's depressing.

Just play supreme commander fa. 4 vs 4 is the most fun and total war i ever had

Are there dwarves? Do they get suicidal if they have to drink water?

Does it have black people in europe?

Open sources games are not fun. None of them are.

Age of mythology or Age of Empire are pretty much open source tho

the script / models etc. are not encrypted

t. early 2000's RTS pro player and modder

But does it have walls and gates?

gay men are not fun period

The entire engine is single core and they can't do anything about it for last 8 years or so. If you get a big army rip your game. It'll crash

Sticky is RMS because some autistic faggot that ran a wiki about the "culture" of Jow Forums wanted to plug his crap site and they made him a mod.

>To BTFO all the "hurr durr there is no gayming or leenooks!!!!!".
This hasn't been true for ages, WINE runs just about everything without issue and GPU passthrough exists.

I recorded some voices in greek.... I said to hell with it, I am greek and said why not.
I corrected some wrong verbs and phrases...
I spent a week of my free time to make everything perfect.
>user your greek are not correct(not the pronunciation but the corrected phrases)
>user we cannot accept those recordings(high quality recording with very good mic, etc)
I said fuck off and never came back.
>2 weeks ago a fellow greek stumbled upon that thread and invited me to participate in the project.
I haven't replied.

>Persians
>No Sumerian and Babylonian
>Also no stone age

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

EE is also a great game, but not better than AOE. AOE is insane.

Attached: Krieg.jpg (1920x1080, 1.84M)

wow it's available on the official fedora repositories. nice.