My 5 year old 7950 is crashing constantly

>my 5 year old 7950 is crashing constantly
>gpu prices are fucked up and im NEET now
>cannot even afford 1050ti
Any way i can revive it and stop random vertical lines without sticking it in oven?

Attached: b78b2016ea.png (496x376, 326K)

Install gentoo™

Try underclocking,

I have actually never overclocked my gpu, so how much should i underclock?
Base clock speed is 925mhz.
I have read that increasing voltages work, is that true.

Get a GT 1030/RX 550. It's great and cheap.

And only a third as powerful as a 7950.

Stop being a poorfag then

*snaps fingers*

Hm, not working. Retard.

May be a driver issue. Try rolling back. I had a problem like that when I updated my 7970 to crimson. Verticle lines randomly flashing up on the screen like corruption.

We need to start dragging miners out of their houses and execute them on the streets.

Start at 850.
I wouldn't overvolt unless there's no other option (like nothing over 500MHz will work) since that will just increase the rate of its deterioration. It may give you some months, though.

You don't really have a lot of choices.

That was good acting right guys?
I think it was good acting.

When my HD6970 kept crashing I just bought a 2nd hand gtx 960 for 80 bucks.

Let me rephrase, get a job retard.

Miners fucked everything up and 960's go for like $150 now. You have to be lucky to find a 6GB 1060 at $140 like i did.

Your card is on life support, just keep lowering the voltage until it's unstable under load, then slightly lower the clocks until it is stable.
Replace the thermal paste as well, don't forget the RAM.
Grats, you've given your card a few more months of life.

get a job, stop playing video games. NEET for 1.5 years and never looked back

+1

I was using 17.12.2 for months because amd drivers aren't very stable and that one was.
I was playing Gears 4 and suddenly screen started flickering and i got vertical lines with audio loop.
I restarted and ran different game like assassins creed origins and same happened after few minutes.
I ran furmark for 10min and it only reached 72C and didn't crash and neither did on heaven engine benchmark.

Now things are so bad that it randomly gets vertical lines without even opening games and I'm sometimes getting blue tearing like you get when your hdmi cable is loose.
I tried changing to Pcie x8 port but it was still crashing.
I changed to latest 18.3.2 and it hasn't done anything different.

vertical lines probably mean memory is unstable
lower the clocks, even at 600MHz you'll maybe lose 2% performance because of the fuckhueg memory bus
alternatively raise voltage a tad, like 0.05 core and memory

t.fellow 7950 owner [email protected] [email protected]

Thanks i will try lowering.
Afterburner good or sapphire trix?
I have sapphire boost.

Easy. Stop being a retarded NEET.
You can be a somewhat wealthy NEET if you would only bother moving your brains a little.

But I guess once born a dumbass, always a dumbass.

Word

Good acting bad writing.

This

this except you don't have to stop being a NEET
just stop being a manchildren and reduce your expenses
this, use your time to learn a trade rather than wasting your life on the electric jew

No. Stop being a NEET, trust me been there done that. There is nothing good about being a NEET - endlessly beset by feelings of shame and uselessness, that is no way to live your life.

Yes actually 1060 3gb are $200+ (in UK )

>gpu prices are fucked up
Daily crying thread? Daily crying thread!
/thread

Read complete post retard.

>endlessly beset by feelings of shame and uselessness
You're just a cuck.

they can both do it, trixx just looks a bit better than default afterburner and a bit worse than afterburner with the classic skin
it also has a less advanced shit iirc

experiment, there's nothing you can fuck up with just software unless you reflash bios/pump 1.9 volts

When i lower memory clock do i have to lower memory speed too?
Also will i have to lower voltage too or keep that at default?

get a second hand 7870 or gtx 660ti/670 if underclocking doesnt work, not all that much worse than yours and they go for about 60 bucks

what
you can either raise core and memory voltage by a TINY bit, or
lower the core and memory clock a bit

i have no idea what youre talking about, screenshot maybe?

Don't. Gentoo is a meme. Get a good distro that you can actually use (like Debian, if you want Steam, or Fedora, if you don't).

The miners are literally not at fault here. Everyone who said that mining is a bubble is at fault. Because the heads of Nvidia and AMD probably listened and said "If mining's a bubble, maybe we shouldn't scale back production to meat this demand, because it will probably be gone tomorrow." And now look where we are.

the fuck 290 came out in 2013

GCN scales like shit higher end so forget vega

idk maybe get a used 980ti?

Crypto is so obviously a bubble that not saying it wouldn't affect anything since everybody with a brain thinks it.

I would love to but i don't live in US and gpu prices in my country are already double the prices.
Im saying when underclocking i will lower clock speed and memory little by little but will i have to lower voltages too or do I not change that at all?

well, if i were you, i'd get a contract and work for 6 months, but since you obviously have no qualifications, maybe you could be a janitor (not a Jow Forums janitor)

fucked up by not getting a 290/390

those fuckers where unkillable

sadly anything newer will be mined to fuck especially 480/580s

Consider buying a prebuilt cheap maybe?

>people actually think mining isn't a bubble despite the fact that the bubble has already popped
290 was end of 2013 though (had mine since december 2013)

>People actually think that the bubble has popped when in reality the price of Bitcoin is rising.

Not to mention, Soros (which is the person responsible for the severity of the recent dip) has allowed his family to start training cryptos.

Attached: download.png (259x194, 8K)

i'm slowly getting angry since you havent done what my first post said 3 hours ago

fucking raise the voltage or lower clock whichever you prefer

Just reball it bro :^)

do this user

if not, maybe stop being so fucking useless and get a job

>my 5 year old 7950 is crashing constantly
my 9 year old whatever came with my second hand desktop is running just fine. sounds like a gaymer problem

but sticking it in the oven is actually a good idea. it's the best way to temporarily fix a card, doesnt last forever but shit was fucked up regardless. just make sure you do it correctly

I don't own oven
Card is tech related.
Not at home right now, i will do it when i get home.