I hate to be the devil's activist but Javascript and it's humongous amounts of frameworks eases a lot of the web...

I hate to be the devil's activist but Javascript and it's humongous amounts of frameworks eases a lot of the web development process. For companies, this means wasting less money while still getting a viable product. Will some new language or framework ever replace Javascript?

Attached: 1483116424374.jpg (640x546, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not wrong. But the thing is that most web development is creating things that ought not to exist in the first place. JS makes it easier to do things - that you shouldn't do.

Attached: 1494404257265.jpg (440x567, 52K)

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder.

Attached: free.jpg (490x657, 102K)

how would you make it better? any suggestions?

>devil's activist

the reason the web has become so bloated & insecure is because of javascript.

instead of focused, aesthetically pleasing design we live in a tasteless, unsophisticated vomit of illogical, touch-screen interface and flat looks.

Noice

Correct, but the problem is that devs are just stuffing it into everything and bloating up websites. Sometimes, simplicity really is better.

My major problem with the frame works is that one becomes the flavor the the semi year and everyone has to make their new web app with it. six months later we are doing the same shit with another one.

For all intensive purposes it's good enough

Lol, new pasta.

As far as I'm concerned, JS's problem is that it shouldn't be in webdev in the first place. The damn thing is an unending wellspring of security risks. The cucks behind the HTML standards should do a proper job and implement some dynamic elements into its core so we can finally drop JS's interpreter bullshit.

There are literally hundreds of languages and frameworks designed to compile to native js so you never have to write it or deal with its mental handicaps. I do a lot of web dev and I haven't written something directly in js for like 3 years now.

>being this new

Maki is my wife

No she is my wife

Attached: Maki.jpg (794x1007, 98K)

Besides the development, SPA and less server calls.

This was the main reasons to pick JS frameworks and update our old websites.

Also the design web api -> web client + mobile client, works perfectly with JS frameworks.

Just no.

Attached: 1514865342644.jpg (1501x762, 104K)

99% of what can be done with js frameworks, i can do with rails + erb templates, it just wont have flashy animations.

ERB and Razor are server bound.
Nothing like JS web client apps.

>not using the BCHS stack
learnbchs.org/

Attached: 1503551245323.jpg (1150x1500, 651K)

that's why your apps are shit and nobody ever heard of them. your life is useless as you are.

>Will some new language or framework ever replace Javascript?
ES6 is not sufficient as a replacement for Javascript. A lot of Javascript programmers love it because it brings in all the advanced features that Javascript has been missing. But we can do better. I personally think Coffeescript is the perfect scripting language that takes all the best features from Python, Ruby and Javascript. The only problem with Coffeescript is that it uses newline delimiters like Python so you cant minify it, so I think end delimiters would have to be added. Another good alternative is Dart, I dont know much about it but I have heard only good things.

>Coffeescript

Attached: 1458783252704.png (247x248, 99K)

good stuff

>I hate to be the devil's activist
This,I prefer to be a doubles advocate.
*fingers crossed*
check 'em

>tfw nobody puts your gets on a petal stool
That's what you get for being a retard.

Meh, gets are a diamond dozen, anyways.

>For companies, this means wasting less money while still getting a viable product.
Define viable.
I've worked on a mobile app for a website. There was a list of top entries, and the entries were updated once a week. Everything was accessed via their endpoints which just sent you JSON with data. How did they do top 10 entries? Send the user EVERY FUCKING entry, then pick top 10 with JS. Instead of updating top 10 entries every week and just send that, they decided they would rather send EVERY user 800 entries worth like 100KB every time they access it.

It was my first commercial project, the team that worked on it were full-time JS "seniors"...

Attached: 1473421220741.png (387x720, 528K)

I think webasm will cause js to be less popular. Not necessarily kill it, but make it less popular.