CPU temp ~25-30 degrees

>CPU temp ~25-30 degrees
Is it possible? What is the best thermal paste for laptops?

Attached: 41v48dpbTyL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x500, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hdTsra-uLBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cum

Depends on what kind of CPU you are using and whether you are living in north pole or not

WD-40. Seriously

Liquid diamond is the best metal for conducting heat

arctic silver 5 is the go to staple
there are better, but for the price, its hard to match, there are also significantly better, but they are conductive so you need balls of steel to attempt.

gd900 and mx-4 are pretty good, buy whichever is cheaper as they give the same temps. Also, never spread the paste when applying it, just put a drop in the center and it eill spread itself against the heatsink.
Also, the temperature depends mainpy on your cpu's tdp, so don't expect a 45watt cpu to stay below 45° at idle. Good luck!

Anything is going to be better than the factory shit, especially if it's glopped on $1/hr chinese worker style. MX4 is cheap and good. Don't apply it like a chinaman.

>~25-30 degrees
If it's 10 degrees in your place - sure

my cpu idles around 31-35c, during the summer months, we keep the temperature in the house around 65-67, sometimes down to the low 60's at night. a 30c is 77f.

changing the thermal paste on the laptop's cpu to as5 for me allowed it to run in boost indefinitely, no throttling.

this isn't intel's desktop cpus where whatever ambient is, its at least 25 degrees higher.

Use your own cum it has great heat dissipation properties.

kek

Mine idle at 50c no joke, fan spin at 25% on that temp. I didn't repaste for 5 years now.

Just repasted mine. It helps under high load, went from 92+ degrees Celsius to 82+C during lengthy compilatiions.

C.U.M.

My ryzen idles at 20c cuz it's cold and liquid cooled

A stock cooler with stock paste will idle at 30 c.

Noctua NT-H1

Excellent cooling and low ambient temperature.

>48 with only two tabs on firefox and thunar open
It's time to change the fucking paste, isn't it?

mine idles at 20

Attached: idle.png (726x528, 37K)

We are talking about laptops tho

Mine idles around that in winter, although I live in a basement apartment in Canada. Stock fan too.

Why is your room temp sub 15C?

>Stock fan too.
Wait... is changing the fan a thing? I never thought about it.

its a comfy 22 C in my room

kek my room is warmer than my CPU

Not possible

Then your CPU sensor is trash.

i remember being 15 and in awe of 'liquid metal'.
I'm lucky I never tried it.

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. It's literally the best you can get before going into Liquid Metal.

MX4 is still good. Literally any aftermarket paste will be better than the factory junk.

Attached: Tim_test_update1.png (815x1708, 95K)

vishera? amd cpus don't have real thermometers, instead they use some fucked up algorhitm that works properly for operating temps and delivers fairly accurate temp in 40C-70C range, but throws complete bullshit when it's colder

Is it worth the money? I feel like MX-4 is by far the best bang for the bucks

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is 12€ for 1g while ARCTIC MX-4 is 8€ for 4g. It basically cost 6 times as much!

Unless you are going to be doing multiple applications in the near future then there is literally no reason to buy a lot of thermal paste in one go. For what purpose?

1g will easily get you 3 big applications, but since its a laptop maybe 6.

Plus the Kryonaut comes with an applicator that helps you spread the paste. You absolutely need to spread paste on direct die applications, from what I remember most laptops had direct die to heatpipe contact, but I haven't opened one in years. GPUs also have direct die, so it works for that too.

If you absolutely want to save the 4 yuros above all else, then go for MX4. It's still a great paste.

Attached: 1514987882149.jpg (645x729, 81K)

get a desktop and a AIO cooler fegget

Attached: 444d.png (763x669, 86K)

Linus dong tips actually got a laptop pretty cool using liquid metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdTsra-uLBI

That literally isn't possible unless you your laptop has some sort of fucking phase change cooler.

>You absolutely need to spread paste on direct die applications
I didn't know about this.

its a desktop

colgate brand toothpaste
alternatively mayo

Direct die means you can't just force it to spread by tightening the heat sink to the max because the cooling system is most likely made for that specific chip.

Also, if for any reason the paste doesn't cover even a slight part of the die, you'll get a hotspot and that will be an enormous fuckup.

Worst part is you won't be able to see it without pulling the heatpipe off, which fucks everything up anyway.

It's possible, but not worth it. Bear in mind that heat dissipation from a heatsink is directly proportional to temperature delta - so if your room temperature is 24C, a heatsink will be able to dissipate 16 times more heat at 40C than at 25C. So basically you need either to keep your room uncomfortably cold, use some kind of Peltier element or chiller, or use an extremely low power CPU with an extremely overkill air cooler - and since there's no practical difference between keeping the CPU at 25C or at 50C, what's the point?

>CPU temp colder than room temperature while running
Wew

You put a phase change cooler on your desktop?

Are people memeing here or are they just talking about AIR coolers not being colder than your room.

Imy room is 70 degrees and my cpu is at around 25 degrees right now with water cooler

>tfw you begin to realize that water does not obey laws of physics

Attached: 1518155367398.gif (500x506, 172K)

did you not?

GD900 btfo's MX-4 and any decent paste out there in value

>Unless you are going to be doing multiple applications in the near future then there is literally no reason to buy a lot of thermal paste in one go. For what purpose?
There's really good reasons to buy the most minimal amount for your purposes, thermal paste has a pretty bad shelf life and degrades within a few years

are you ok?

Attached: anondiesafierydeath.jpg (662x186, 17K)

>I dont understand how the temperature works
>I put whatever i want to feel comfy
Sure m8
Here's ( you )

hahaha which one of you fucking awesome people did this review?

Attached: kek.png (2615x1497, 2.79M)

looks like a fapcha.

Has anyone seriously tried semen as thermal paste? I remember years back seeing someone tried butter.
Either your computer is an ice box or your house is an oven or you just used two different measurement systems like a dumb American.

>hotspot enormous fuckup
no. silicon conducts heat well and it will just spread around the hotspot
t.repasted my 7950 with enough paste to cover 25% of the die and got marginally higher temps(65) than when it's all covered(61)
with no paste it just about stabilised at 91