E-ink and eye tracking - only display something new in a region if your eye is resting there...

e-ink and eye tracking - only display something new in a region if your eye is resting there. Extremely low battery consumption due to e-ink.

Is this the future of optics?

Attached: Capture.png (556x595, 159K)

Ipad mini is the future. Not kindle shit.

>eye tracking
>ebook reader
Oh, for fucks sake. Why the hell would anyone be okay with this knowing how Amazon is/?

>eye tracking
fuck off and die

why so serious

b

No reason to move your eye if you don't see something new

We want cheaper Kindles

thats not how e-ink displays work, it would make battery consumption even worse

theres no battery consumption when displaying the text

only when you turn the page

/thread

thats not how it works.

learn design, kiddos

Are you saying that only changing 1/4th of the screen instead of the whole thing will improve battery life? It doesn't work like that, it still has to cycle the whole screen per update

tjat depends on how teh screen is designed, again

What are the pros and cons of Kindle and Kobo e-ink readers?

I just want color E-ink to come so I can spam comics on them.

Why is it taking so fucking long time?

The fucking eye tracker has to remain on, periodically checking the position of the eye. That's going to drain way more battery than the screen.

No... no it doesn't, every display in the world has to scan/update each pixel consecutively. E-ink still has to power cycle every pixel even if it remains the same state, it just doesn't have to sustain power for the pixel which is the main advantage.

Only way to ignore quadrants completely is if you had a screen with multiple panels and multiple controllers for those panels, but more controllers = more power.

>wants to save battery by reducing power spent on moving tiny turds on the screen once every minute
>implements a complex eye-tracking solution comprised of camera and always-running algorithms

You are truly a genius

Depends on the models. But the major difference is the store. If you are going to pirate anything will do really.

We need 50€ reader, not this shit.

Im more the latter but hows the battery life on a kobo compared to kindle?

>50€ reader

Fire tablets are dirt fucking cheap if you don't mind reading off an LCD screen and tolerating or disabling the crap that comes bundled with them.

Imagine how shitty ads will become
>Ad shows up where you're looking
>It follows you're eyesight whenever you try to look at another part of the faced
>You're literally forced to watch the ads

>saving power by adding eye-tracking computations

>Our neighbour moved out
>She wanted to throw out many things which we kept instead
>Find one kindle inside the bag
>dafakdis.jpg
>Battery empty
>Charge it
>Google and see it's an e-reader
>Damn this is cool
>Pirate books and read them
It's one of those older versions with physical buttons but it's still amazing. Gtfo with all your fancy features, they are unnecessary. I am very pleased with my Kindle 4th Generation which I got for free.

And you don't think the eye tracking running constantly won't drain the battery even faster?

The Aura One has a bigger screen than the Kindle Oasis (both 300 dpi), so if you want big, you should go for that one. Also, the lower-end Kobo models (Aura (not the Aura One), H2O) have sub-300 dpi screens, so if you a want a cheap 6" e-reader, go for the paperwhite 3. The H2O and the Aura One are waterproof, while only the Oasis 2 is waterproof in the Kindle lineup. Kobos support comic book formats (cbr, cbz) out of the box, and you can put koreader on kobos to support other formats (like djvu) (not sure about the third party options available for Kindles). Kindles can't handle epubs, only mobis, so you'll have to convert your pirated epubs afaik.

I bought one during the easter sale to try it out and its amazing. I never thought it could be that great, but fuck having endless amount of books on the go on a lightweight device is so good. The screen is amazing and you can read everywhere.
Also feels good not having to worry about destroying cheap books by turning the pages too hard.
Just wish you could still plug in a SD card somewhere. Chinese cartoon comics take up so much space.
Not a Amazon shill I swear on me mum

Is it pretty easy to sideload your ebooks on Kobo? Or you have to do some extra steps?

kys

you got a haunted kindle, congrats kiddo. Thats like christmas, but for people who dont celebrate it, like hindis

e-ink is the future, but their processors are weak as fuck

pdf page loading is fucking slow

stay btfo, consumerfag

Don't have kids.

The power consumption for the camera sensor and cpu to track your eyes ALL THE FUCKING TIME, is way more than the power it will save of not updating the whole page.

You are just plain retarded. Please don't ever get involved in a project, ever.