/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO R3 1200/1300X or R5 1400/1500X. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE R3 2200G AND R5 2400G
>G4560 - non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM) or for gaming WITHOUT a graphics card
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Attached: 1408610177127.jpg (2048x1536, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop---570-p065se
techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-2nd-generation-prices-reportedly-much-lower-than-anticipated
techrankup.com/processors-gaming-ranking.php
techrankup.com/processors-ranking.php
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tKrTBb
pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Ltgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Ltgw/by_merchant/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/63rTBb
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/63rTBb/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/list/j9qcYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wqh4q4
pcpartpicker.com/product/p4cMnQ/patriot-viper-4-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3000-memory-pv48g300c6k
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/wTCrxr/gskill-memory-f43000c15d8gvrb
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/YzNypg/gskill-memory-f42666c15d8gvr
pcpartpicker.com/list/6D7fHh
pcpartpicker.com/product/CQ7CmG/patriot-internal-hard-drive-pi480gs25ssdr
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_sfYUCEg8Ogd3fIuGmOxGaIIWg0kEjVV
pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze
computer.is/is/product/tolva-in-win-gamer-extreme
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop---570-p065se

This is my current pc. Should i even attempt to update the psu/gpu or just build a computer all together? I'm not in a rush to get my game on since 1050 is doing ok job for now.

>Pre-built
Just save up and build something new. At most, scavenge the ram, hard drive, and DVD drive out of that pre-built. Everything else is usually a special shape/format specific to the vendor.

So how will the new Ryzen 2600/2700 hold up to the 8700k? It will be used for gaming and video rendering.

I have an R7-1700X sitting inside an Asus Crosshair VI X370 motherboard. According to Asus/AMD, I have 24 pcie lanes. 16 lanes of 3.0 and 8 lanes of 2.0. I have a GPU in the first slot and a Ssung 960 Evo NVME based SSD in the m.2 slot. So
>16 lanes for GPU
>4 lanes for SSD

This should leave me with 4 lanes left right? So I could add a WiFi card to one of my pcieX1 slots without issue? Pic related is my PC. I'm looking to utilize one of the smallest slots. Because if not, I'll be forced to put my WiFi card in the 2nd GPU slot, and that will make my video card run in 8x8 mode.

Attached: Gats.jpg (2048x1153, 2.31M)

Can i at least change the psu? I can't believe i over look that part.

Depends on if the PSU is proprietary or not. For instance Dell has funny shaped power supplies that are quite ATX and their 24 pin is different. You have to open it up and check.

>he posted it again

Now i truly understand why no one favor prebuilt. Good thing this is my first gaming pc. Thanks for your help and wisdom.

Its literally the same as the 1600/1700. People can't even get the 2600 over 4.0GHz again.

AMD lied to you, what a surprise. That extra 4 lanes that they advertised goes to the chipset, but unlike Intel's superior DMI+PCH implementation, there are no additional PCIe lanes that you can get out of those 4 PCIe Gen 2.0 lanes (yes, it's still PCIe 2.0, not even 3.0)

I know you guys hate lain chan setups and I know why but can we get more setups like OP posted?

>tfw Ryzen2 is DOA
Can we get rid of the Ryzen stuff on the OP? It's not competitive anymore compared to the new Coffee Lake and 300-series chipsets from Intel.
I mean, it's pretty bad when AMD has to do price cuts to the original MSRP even before the product hit the shelves...
techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-2nd-generation-prices-reportedly-much-lower-than-anticipated

>AMD lied to you, what a surprise
>Intel's superior...
Alright their shill damn. Calm down. I knew there were 4 lanes assigned to the chipset, but I just wanted to know if they were still available for use. According to you, they're not. So thanks I guess
>AMD recognizes their refresh abeing not as fast as hoped
>They automatically price cut to still try and tempt people to buy
>This is somehow a bad thing

Shoo shill. Shoo.

Attached: 1416445164265.gif (480x480, 186K)

I'm building a PC that will be located a floor above where my router is, so running an ethernet cable isn't the easiest option. I'm not sure if I should get a pci wireless adapter.

Is powerline a meme? Which option do you think I should go for in terms of networking?

Attached: powerline.jpg (960x720, 61K)

buy a ryzen 7 2k

Just get 8700k its better for both
techrankup.com/processors-gaming-ranking.php
techrankup.com/processors-ranking.php

>no PCIe switch
>no embedded 802.11ac offload engine
>worse GbE MAC
>no full-spec M.2 from the chipset
>no PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes at all
>piss-poor SATA3/M.2-SATA lane splitting
>much less features than any Intel PCH
What the fuck is the point of going AMD when everything including the motherboard is crap?
The CPU is garbage, the IMC is crap, the chipset is a cheap ripoff of what Intel has, etc.

Powerline depends on your internal wiring. I've had good experiences with it.

Damn drop is this an intel shill thread? Yesterdays one was pro amd AMD i swapped out my i7-8700x for a ryzen 7 build. I swapped out 90% of my build to get it sub $3000 to have some wiggle room to upgrade parts.

Currency: AUSTRALIAN AUD
USE CASE: software development, heavy gaming.
DRAFT BUILD: au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tKrTBb

BUDGET: ~$3000 with wiggle room for upgrades.

SALVAGE: My old pc will be salvaged for dvd-rw, monitor, perpherals, speakers, additional ssd's, etc

Questions:
Can I recycle my existing win10 license for my pc that I'll decommision?

My build came out to $2700, should i upgrade to the 1080TI?

I'm an ASUS fanboy, should i consider other brands for mobo and gfx card?

Power supply calc comes out away 547W should i get 650 or 750W?

is the coolermaster ML240 RGB comparable to the NZXT 62 or worse ?

Should i upgrade to the darkbase pro 900?

Attached: Screenshot_20180406-095934_Instagram.jpg (1079x1063, 446K)

>Ryzen 2700X has WORSE memory latency than the 1700X
WHOOO BOY

Attached: 1523063694647.jpg (718x568, 160K)

>2700X can't even reach Boost frequency on stock voltages
WHOOOOOOOOOO BOYYYYYYYYYYY

>2600X not stable enough to load games, let alone benchmark them
I'm dying

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Ltgw
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Ltgw/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($178.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($163.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($79.22 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Antec - P8 ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.41 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($67.39 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1001.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-07 13:36 EDT-0400

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this build, thank you.

Attached: pcbuild.png (1876x1450, 278K)

the hdd model you picked is an old one and the drives that are sold on amazon are either used or have been laying down for literally years. just get toshiba p300
overall it's a good build, though see if you can get dual rank ram, since 2666mhz DR performs about the same as 3200mhz SR.

>>no PCIe switch
For what purpose?
>>no embedded 802.11ac offload engine
There are plenty of boards with integrated WiFi modules.
>>worse GbE MAC
You realize many AMD boards have Intel based LAN chipset right? They perform the exact same as anything else.
>>no full-spec M.2 from the chipset
Fulll spec meaning what? NVME SSDs and SATA based m.2 SSDs perform the same on AMD and Intel Systems.
>>no PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes at all
Are you high? The CPU provides 16 3.0 lanes.
>>piss-poor SATA3/M.2-SATA lane splitting
Wat. What are you even trying to imply here? That the way the SATA controller handles drives is somehow inferior? Or because boards turn off 1 to 2 SATA ports if using a SATA based m.2 drive?
>>much less features than any Intel PCH
Name one.
>What the fuck is the point of going AMD when everything including the motherboard is crap?
>The CPU is garbage, the IMC is crap, the chipset is a cheap ripoff of what Intel has, etc.

You are throwing tech jargon out there like it means something yet show you've no idea what you're even talking about. Your shits all retarded and you talk like a fag.

Here's my alternative coffee lake build

PCPartPicker part list: au.pcpartpicker.com/list/63rTBb
Price breakdown by merchant: au.pcpartpicker.com/list/63rTBb/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($498.50 @ Shopping Express)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($86.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($313.00 @ Shopping Express)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($499.00 @ IJK)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($161.00 @ Centre Com)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card ($1389.00 @ Centre Com)
Case: be quiet! - Dark Base Pro 900 (Black/Orange) ATX Full Tower Case ($349.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($148.00 @ Shopping Express)
Total: AUD$3443.50

Can I get some assistance with RAM choice?

I'm looking at getting a Ryzen 2400G and Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4. I've looked at the QVL for memory, but all the memory codes I find on ebuyer for Corsair RAM doesn't show on there?

I was looking at about 8Gb (2x4Gb) 3200MHz RAM..

Thanks for the heads up about the drive, I thought the ram I picked was DR according to the QVL. Am I missing something?

Attached: ramqvl.png (2425x167, 55K)

should I just wait for the 400 series chip set to come out?

>For what purpose?
Having more PCIe devices plugged in and not having to buy more expensive sockets to make them work at their full bandwidth
>There are plenty of boards with integrated WiFi modules
No, they are not integrated into the chipset like the 300-series PCH. The wifi controller is embedded into the design. AMD's inferior implementation requires a discreet wifi controller connect via PCIe lanes (which you don't have a lot of) to the chipset to the CPU
>You realize many AMD boards have Intel based LAN chipset right? They perform the exact same as anything else.
Wrong. The ethernet controller is linked to the ethernet PHYS that exists on the chipset/PCH. The controller might be able to do TCP offloading, but latency and throughput is hindered on the AMD's chipset versus the Intel's PCH (due to better signal switching and optimization to and from the chipset)
>Fulll spec meaning what? NVME SSDs and SATA based m.2 SSDs perform the same on AMD and Intel Systems.
There is only one full-spec (PCIe 3.0 x4) M.2 on the AM4 platform, and that's from the CPU itself. Intel is able to use the PCH lanes to have more than one full-spec M.2 on the motherboard, something AMD can never do with their chipsets due to bandwidth constraints and lack of an integrated PCIe switch.
>Are you high? The CPU provides 16 3.0 lanes.
Not from the chipset, which is limited to PCIe Gen 2.0
>Or because boards turn off 1 to 2 SATA ports if using a SATA based m.2 drive?
Mostly this. Intel's PCH mostly don't have this issue because again, superior DMI bandwidth and implementation.
>Name one.
Optane Memory support. RST. IDS, Smart Sound. TXT. VT-d (not that shitty AMD approach that almost no one uses or supports)

Can I upgrade to 1440p or 4k with just a new GPU? Do I need to build from scratch?

Attached: rig.jpg (651x519, 76K)

Fuck Gigabyte, never updates their mobo bios

Australian faggot here.
Somewhat poor, looking for a video card, preferably used to keep it cheap, hopefully a good amount better than an R9 270X for probably under $250 (AUD).
Any ideas?

I was doing 1440p comfortably with my 4790k and a GTX 970. So I would say yes just get better gfx card, and maybe a better power supply if needed. For 4K I don't know.

Corsair typically has good compatibility with AMD as far as I can tell. My friend is using an 8gb 3200mhz kit and even though that specific kit isn't listed on their mobo QVL, the 16gb version is, and they are pretty much identical otherwise. She set the 3200mhz XMP profile on first boot up and it's been working without a hitch so far. I imagine it will work fine for you too, just look for the same kit name but at different capacities and latencies, see if it shows up in the QVL.

Fuck...first time I had to deal with SSD wear. I write on average 3TB a day and going by 1.2 PBW advertised this wouldn't last a year

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x704, 782K)

>960 pro
How much did you pay for it?

$1250

Absolutely nothing with current prices, and even if we had MSRP you probably wouldn't get anything much better
Either one is fine, since your build aside from your GPU is solid.

Yeah, I'm aware of that for retail, which is why I've been trying to bid on Ebay. Fuck all luck, though.
Just trying to get some general ideas as to what some good cards are that are usually at a consistent price.

Sup /pcbg/, I have a couple of questions. So im going to be selling my old desktop and getting and getting a gaming laptop, so I was wondering what my desktop is worth and what advice you have on gaming laptops. Before you all flip your shit and tell me how much of a fag I am for getting a gaming laptop, my job requires me to travel to much for a desktop to work.

>old desktop
pcpartpicker.com/list/j9qcYT

For the laptop i was wondering is there any real difference between brands? Is a gtx 1060 sufficient for 1080p gaming or should I get a 1070, or could o get a better deal on an older gen gpu? And where is the best place to buy?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 14K)

The 1050 Ti is probably better, but not by all that much. 1060 3GB and 570 are the only GPUs with real leads over the 270X.

I see. You make good points. I actually didn't know the chipset pcie offerings vs CPU pcie lanes held such a difference.

Although I'll argue that the lack of support for AMD VT-d variant is more on Intel dominating the market for so long rather than AMD being at fault. With time and the success of EPYC I could see more wide spread implementation.

You are throwing tech jargon out there like it means something yet show you've no idea what you're even talking about. Your shits all retarded and you talk like a fag.

fair enough. I got learned.

Just drill a small hole in the floor right besides the baseboard.

It should work fine, nice build

Damn man, what have you been feeding that thing?

Old desktop is worth maybe $550 or so. You could price it higher first to see if you get any takers

Get a used 970 when prices come down

Just a new graphics card

Memory: HyperX Fury Black, DDR4, 8GB(2x4GB), 2666MHz, CL15 - 122$
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 3.5GHz, 4MB - 118$
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx 200, Intel, AMD, 95W TDP - 18$
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC MATE AMD AM4 4xDDR4 M.2 USB3.1 ATX BOX - 86$
Total: 344$

Is that good total price? Buying in easter yuro, gonna sell my current ram, mobo and cpu to get some cash back.
Tho I'm wondering about motherboard, I will want to overclock the cpu, any recommendations for something cheaper? I don't really need 4 ram slots, since if I'm upgrading anything in future, it's gonna be gpu, but I would like slots for 4 fans, since right now one of the fans is not affected by motherboard speed settings, running at same speed all the time, used resistor cable to make it go 1000rp only, and ofc overclock capabilities.

Attached: dafaf.jpg (459x373, 42K)

i see no reason why would you sell your current pc and get ryzen 2200g. cpu wise it's barely an upgrade and you could just buy a dedicated gpu for half the price which would melt its igpu

MSI 1030 is 100$ now, but with ryzen I get not used cpu and better ram, wouldn't it be better to hop on it since my current cpu is already over 3 years old? After selling what I have now, whole thing should cost me in 100-200$ bracket.

i5 4460 is more or less equal to R3 2200G.
Like the previous user said, you should just get a new GPU.

Ok then, I guess I'll go 1030, tho I see most of those available have passive cooling, only gigabyte is active, would it matter when used for games?

You'd need to get something old and used to get a $50 gpu that completely destroys the vega 8. Not everyone wants used parts.

I think you have a pretty good idea as long as you understand it's not gonna have amazing overall performance until you save enough for a dedicated GPU. If you're looking for a whole system upgrade though, it's not a terrible path and the value per dollar on the 2200g is unmatched. Plus it gives you a more modern platform for future upgrading.

But if all you want is better graphical performance, then yeah just pay up the $100 for the GPU.

I would get a case with good airflow like the Enthoo Pro M or the Focus G, a 620 EVO or a M12II 520 or S12II 520 for cheaper options and a SU800 256GB or a MX300 275GB M.2. Save up for a 1060 or a 580 (if you can find one cheap) and if you want to replace the motherboard get a Z370XP.

When are the new gpus coming out FUCK

Damn, now I don't know again, buying just gpu would be less a hassle, that's for sure. Worst thing is you can't even tell where ram prices will go, so maybe those 120$ for 2666mhz is actualy a bargain now.
And I understand that I'll have to make sacrifices in performance, but after running my current igpu for some time I welcome 720p medium settings gaming with open arms.

If you can afford it get a 1080ti, Gigabyte and EVGA tend to be cheaper. Consider the NH-D15 SE-AM4, the AX370 K5, K7 or Crosshair VI and the Focus Plus Gold 850W.

What do you guys think of my build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Wqh4q4

Programming, browsing, light gayming.

Attached: ,.-,.-.gif (312x312, 27K)

2200G is better economically than 1200 and a low end card and almost as good
And get this memory kit instead
pcpartpicker.com/product/p4cMnQ/patriot-viper-4-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3000-memory-pv48g300c6k

The PC Mate works fine with a small overclock though you shouldn't have issues with the 2200g, going cheaper wouldn't be a good idea. I'd get one of these and a H7
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/wTCrxr/gskill-memory-f43000c15d8gvrb
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/YzNypg/gskill-memory-f42666c15d8gvr

Thanx for the advice, updated.

pcpartpicker.com/list/6D7fHh

>muh upgrade path meme
>spend $300 on a build that isn't better than your current one just so you can spend more 3 years from now to finally have better performance

literally just spend that $300 and get gtx 1060 6gb.

How does this look? For gaming + streaming, video editing.

Attached: intel build9.png (1067x916, 114K)

By the way, what case do you have? If it supports ATX PSUs you should go for that. Also, this SSD is much larger if you can afford it.
pcpartpicker.com/product/CQ7CmG/patriot-internal-hard-drive-pi480gs25ssdr

300$ is too much, if you saw my post, part of the thinking proces was seeling current stuff after, for less upgrade price

I've actaully noticed ram prices dropping in some way. Just go look at the price drops on PCpartpicker, plenty of ram is going down. If you are going for the ryzen, getting faster ram is always a plus, and there's some decently priced 3000mhz ram out there, and I think you can even get 3200mhz for the price you're paying which is a lot better. overclocking it obviously helps too.

If you get the 2200g with decent ram and perhaps an overclock on the iGPU, then you should be able to handle 900p gaming perfectly fine, and many games at 1080 low.
I come from using intel HD as well, so I know exactly what you're dealing with.

Granted, this guy does have a hefty iGPU overclock, but even with something more modest, a lot of these games are able to reach 30+ FPS on 900p or 1080p .

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_sfYUCEg8Ogd3fIuGmOxGaIIWg0kEjVV

CPU is way too powerful and GPU is way to weak, Ryzen 1700 and a 1070 will be better all around
Cooler, motherboard, SSD, and PSU are mediocre.

I would go for the new Ryzen for streaming. But i am a fanboy, after specter and meltdown, mostly because of their handling not the existence of it, a pretty exclusive at that.

- change mobo to extreme4 if you actually want a decent overclock, it has much better VRMs
- switch ssd to mx500
- overpriced case but i guess you're gay enough to like rgb
- switch psu to EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W
- switch monitor to ViewSonic XG2701, although 27" is kinda too big for 1080p (bad pixel density). if you decide to go for 24" instead then switch to MSI Optix.
>razer meme
razer is awful. i dont know enough about mech keyboards to recommend one but i know that all razer peripherals aren't worth shit. check out /mkg/ for an advice.

then get 1050ti / 1060 3gb instead

Is there some catch about Inno3d cards? They seem strangely cheap compared to other brands

Attached: me.png (369x393, 232K)

no marketing, duh

So their still going to run the same and arguably last the same as buying from a bigger company like EVGA or directly from the manufacturer?

I impulse brought this. Someone kill me.

Attached: Screenshot_20180407-134900_eBay.jpg (1080x675, 108K)

Tough decisions trying to buy a video card. 1070 Ti or a 1080? The 1080 costs slightly more, is it worth it? I don't have the budget for a 1080 Ti.

Fuck that. I have used pre-builts for years. Slap in a new power supply and video card and it works as well as any custom build and I don't have to dick around with assembly. All for about 10% less and with warranty. Only fucking chumps build when 75% of the parts are commodity and the big boys will source them way fucking cheaper than you. The days of building are gone unless you are looking for a hyper spec machine on the stupid end of the cost curve. If you are building a reasonable ga!in rig, pre built base is the way to go.

That's bullshit as well about form factor. As long as it is a tower and not some micro box they are using standard components. The big boys haven't messed with proprietary form factors for almost a decade and a half when they realized how much cheaper it is to source common components from standard vendors. So basically your Dell or HP has a rebadged Asus or MSI motherboard, assembled by Foxconn on contract but all standard spec. Same for their power supplies. Sometimes they might get tricky and move one screw hole, fuck it, just don't use it.

If it is a tower then yes, I have done so in Dell and HPs for years. Small form factor, maybe. They may mount differently so check the holes. I have had some that mounted upside down. Sometimes one hole is not lined up either, no big deal.

1070 Ti is like a cut down 1080. Same clocks usually, just that the 1070 Ti has G5, where the 1080 has G5X.
Typically, you can overclock the 1070Ti to match or beat a stock 1080.

A Cube V1 mini ITX. Don't really need more than 240gb

They absolutely do not do this any more. My past three Dell towers, one inspiron, one xps, and one poweredge t30 all use normal power supplies and normal motherboards. It does not make any sense for them to customize anymore, it is all about cutting costs and proprietary shit is expensive.

on the bright side you now have a new space heater

Well, with how the Vega cards typically cost, that's not too terribly bad I suppose?

It says it supports standard PSUs so I would go with this to make cable management easier
pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Finally finished!

2x 1080 ti in SLI
Samsung 960 NVMe SSD
850w EVGA PSU
2TB Seagate drive
Gigabyte Z370XP motherboard
XSPC/Thermaltake watercooling
Alienware AW3418DW monitor
Kef LS50w speakers

Attached: 13B9A016-75C6-4FE6-9E27-5EF180CF7E57.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

That's pretty sick, I hope you delidded though

what keyboard are those

I'll certainly be using it to keep warm without AC in the summer...

Its not bad but between Monero getting back its profitability again and Vega going up again I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place if I wanted to gun for a reasonable Vega card now or wait and let all the Vegas disappear again at 1k+ pricing. I will also be using it for machine learning so it isn't a complete loss for me.

Firerose mechanical

computer.is/is/product/tolva-in-win-gamer-extreme I was thinking about buying this computer, anywhere I can just build it myself for much less online, it costs about 2900 American dollars

>G4560
Stop with this piece of shit meme.

Yeah delided the GPU processors. They don’t work anymore but o well

Thanks man, you have been of giant help!

Get A 2GB 1050

Mid range in the Fall

Make sure you can update the BIOS before trying to install the 2200G

Get a better SSD and monitor. Look up the stats for the MSI Optix and get something like that

Looks good if that's what you're into
Tie up those cables, though

G4560/G5400 go well with low end graphics cards

Is Gsync worth the extra 100 dollars it typically runs. My build is a 1080 paired with an 8600K. Trying to find a 1440P/144HZ 27inch IPS (or TN if its a good deal) and a number of relatively decent sales hit all those requirements just without G-Sync

Fuck. I keep going back and forth. I have about a $2k budget to work with for somebody. The case and keyboard are the only things they said they wanted, but I do feel like that's hurting the cost. They want to overclock but nothing extreme, so I assume the board and cooler are fine. I know they'd rather have a 27" monitor, but they are just so fucking expensive. Would a 27" 1440p 60Hz be better than a 24" 1080p 144Hz? So many decisions fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Attached: intel build11.png (1029x1461, 152K)

The 1080 just won't be hitting acceptable framerates unless you compromise on quality, so you'll almost always be in G-SYNC range, it's a good use-case.
You sort of get boned but it's what you have to do

What's in the pipeline for someoen with an r9 380? I don't see the point in upgrading to something less than midrange for these current shitty prices. Is there anything thats going to be a game changer anytime soon?