What does Jow Forums think of the NUC8i7HVK?

And will it actually be enough for casual 1080p gaming?

Attached: nuc8i7hvk.png (978x550, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121330
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'd be interested if the price was $200 lower and if AMD's GPU had drivers for linux

nigger

it's expensive for casual 1080p

>if AMD's GPU had drivers for linux
It has if you have a recent kernel. DAL/DC was merged in 4.15

it's nice but too expensive. Maybe it's great for people needing a portable workstation that isn't a shitty laptop

>Maybe it's great for people needing a portable workstation that isn't a shitty laptop
Not even that. They literally sell notebooks with dual Xeons these days. They are heavy as fuck and even more expensive, but will blow anything else away in raw performance.

if (when) GPUs return to sane prices you could probably build a better mini-ITX machine for less and the skull thing is typical awful gayman aesthetic

>>>>reddit

(You)

you are right, I still would consider it if wasn't so damn expensive.

Expensive laptops don't cost 1.3k (+ram and ssd). More like 4-5k.

I understand the advantage of having dual gigabit rj45 ports, but why 2 different nics?
1x I210-AT & 1x I219-LM

nvm figured it out, 1 is directly off the chipset low power, another goes through the southbridge and uses a pci-e lane.

So what's the use case for that

Northbridge chipsets don't exist anymore, they are the actual processor's job now.
The processor intel made supports 1x gigabit lan port just based on how they wrote the chipsets.
To add another they have to waste a pci-e lan which uses a little more power and adds a tiny bit of latency.

who thought it was a good idea to put a giant picture of a skull on this

Not sure, but the processor is a Skull Canyon.
Intel used to use skulls for old gaming motherboards like 10-15 years ago.
It's an LED and can be turned off in the bios.

Remember skulltrail?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121330

>for casual 1080p gaming?
Yes.

Now:

Yeah, but the point was a mobile workstation which comes at a certain price. Meanwhile the NUC is a glorified laptop without screen or keyboard.