Holy fuck Jow Forums font rendering in KDE Neon is shit

>Jow Forums constantly shills KDE
>Jow Forums constantly shills KDE Neon

Explain yourselves Jow Forums. I decided to give KDE a try because it's shilled constantly, but fonts look like total shit out of the box. How could KDE devs decide to ship this flaming pile of font shit? How do I fix this? Looks like it's back to Xfce for me if I can't find a way to improve the fonts.

Attached: Screenshot_20180407_124747.png (1920x1080, 501K)

Plasma's trash, what else is new?

Looks fine to me. Show an example of what you think good font rendering is.

Attached: jiji.png (1401x516, 85K)

That just looks horribly pixelated. It's Windows, ain't it?

It's Windows yes, it's what I prefer. I can achieve the same affect monkeying with the font settings in Xfce, but I haven't been able to replicate it in KDE yet.

>fonts are shit
>firefox

Attached: n8umjWj.png (682x800, 35K)

Pixelated mess, KDE looks 300% better.
Are you actually retarded?

You can always directly fuck around with the config files.

I've never seen that.

They look sharp to me, the KDE font looks blurry. Font rendering is better in Xfce and even redhat-shit gnomeme.

font rendering is subjective, you might prefer the sharper look of Windows or the blurrier thicker look of Mac OS.

Most people prefer blurrier fonts, in any case you can get sharper fonts by disabling hinting.

>Falling for the KDE meme

Attached: uncalculatedw_.png (411x336, 84K)

>KDE
>Xfce
Retard. No wonder you're having problems. Why the fuck are you using Linux without GNOME? What do you expect? GNOME is the standard Linux desktop. There's a reason it's shipped with every distro that matters. It's actually well-supported and they devote actual time and attention to design and user testing. GNOME provides a polished, well-designed user experience. KDE is a cool little project, but it's not really viable for real world use.

Stay delusional, the standard GNU/Linux desktop is KDE and XFCE

>Jow Forums constantly shills KDE
Not only is this false, but nobody in their right mind would encourage the use of neon. That pile of shit is the worst implementation of KDE by a long shot. If you want to see KDE done well, use OpenSUSE, KaOS or PCLinuxOS.

Attached: 1453155890745.png (672x691, 370K)

>muh standard desktop
and yet most people are using KDE
the foot is literally the internet explorer of DEs

NOT USING KDE PLASMA 5.

>he needs fancy font rendering

Attached: tokyo.png (1920x1080, 284K)

god damn noob u can't even customize freetype settings don't use linux.

I don't know why people use KDE over Xfce. I mean, sure it's pretty, but it took almost twenty minutes to install the full suite versus the two minutes for Xfce and its goodies. It made everything uniform with Qt, but man was it slow and constantly freezing. I gave up.

I now use just i3 with Xfce4.

KDE software is powerful and fast, but ugly as shit, buggy, and fucking terrible UI design. Xfce is just an old, ancient, primitive piece of shit. GNOME is designed for real people. Most people run the GNOME operating system every day. When you say most people are using KDE, you're probably just referring to shitty polls with 50 votes from some small community.

so use your own fontconfig

firefox just uses your own fontconfig you dumbass. it will only ever be as good as what you provide it.

>in any case you can get sharper fonts by disabling hinting.
uh, you mean enabling hinting

What is the point here?, the calculator from KDE seems to work fine although i generally use speedcrunch or krunner directly.

Attached: 1521696797655.gif (224x168, 503K)

Shit, since gnomegate the anti-KDE shills truly have gotten desperate.

>i tried something because its shilled constantly here
nice to know

Attached: merchant.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

You unironically think windows font rendering is good?

You poor, sad sod.

The point is that KTards don't include it in their own "distro" Neon

I actually like how Windows fontrendering looks.
It may be "pixelated" (I would say crisp), but at least it isn't blurry in all the wrong places.
And this is coming from a Linux User.

>KDE software is
>ugly as shit
I would have agree with you back in the KDE4 days but honestly the breeze theme is one of my favorite themes ever, specially the dark variant, i even think is by a large margin what the W10 theme should have been.

>buggy
True to certain extent but improving quickly, check the posts by nate graham, plasma is getting a lot of polishing lately.

>and fucking terrible UI design
Depends, i agree regarding some applications but i disagree on others, at least the core ones are receiving some love lately but remember there's a lot of programs under the kde's umbrella.

xfce masterrace reporting in

Attached: 1511196290096.gif (978x478, 427K)

KDE gets shilled because it's a friendly DE without being GNOME-rapist

>KTards
Why the hard feelings? the calculator on neon is a few clicks away and honesly i like the fact that neon is a barebones option, if you want something else kubuntu is always there.

Debian with KDE
Maybe you're just not very smart OP?

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-07-07-52-18-2702.png (1366x768, 265K)

looks like shit lmao

I'm sorry that you're blind on top of being retarded.
Your mommy must have it rough huh

Attached: 2018-04-07-195458_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 260K)

lol..cant believe you actually think that looks good.. have you ever used a Macbook Pro with Retina display..? prob cant afford one lmao.. sorry you are stuck using linux on a desktop

>OS has garbage font rendering
>only way they can think of fixing that is by throwing a retarded display resolution at the problem

It puts in evidence the lack of common of KTards

These two look exactly the same to me.

>Someone is desperate enough to make an argument about an specific default in an specific distro on a piece of software they probably don't even use they make an image about something doesn't affect negatively anyone.
Yeah i can see it.

not even at all.
how you did this anyway. that's that good ubuntu fonts. do you have any special freetype stuff installed?

Nothing special, just enough braincells to adjust the font settings in KDE

true ok tx

Attached: 1523132944557.png (411x336, 161K)

Kek, they'll probably scrap the whole file picker because it doesn't fit in with their "design"

>blaming a distro/DE for your inability to tune font rendering settings to your specific setup
inb4 "it should just work perfectly OOTB on every display ever known!"

Attached: 1468959206855.jpg (748x720, 60K)

I'm gonna kontact these kunts and demand they fix this. How do they expekt to be taken seriously without a kalkulator? It's just kraziness.

Real men use EXWM.

This is why baby OS like Mac sells so well.

Not an argument

someone post mac font rendering. literally blows windows and any gahnoo/linux shit out of the water.

Bold shit isn't good font rendering, and stop being a faggot, you are sick.

>3246 packages

Holy fuck user, I'm not one of those retards that boast about having 200 packages or something, but damn, 3k is a lot huh

Comparing packages between distros is dumb. Arch is extremely bloated because one Arch package is 3-5 Debian packages.

Yes

gnome sucks, instead of fixing nautilus they ''''improve'''' settings layout

>ugly as shit, buggy, and fucking terrible UI design
you literally described gnome just now
KDE also has it's fair share of bugs, but at least it has actual features compared to gnome which has just bugs and no features

>GNOME operating system
Gnome is not an operating system