Google Pay

Just started using this. Don't need to give out my CC number, added all my loyalty cards in one spot, feels like the future Jow Forums.

Physical wallet went on a serious diet.

I'm liking this.

Attached: google-pay.jpg (3328x1697, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cj2Fh8aX148
youtube.com/watch?v=74pIfAOVuEA
youtube.com/watch?v=jjFlMIarsPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good on you.

t. phone doesnt have nfc, neither has gpay launched in his country

suck my fucking dick

youtube.com/watch?v=cj2Fh8aX148

I don't know why Google didn't do like how chinese apps work.

QR - then even the most basic phone can support it.

Attached: 136277186_14945748773961n.jpg (900x615, 49K)

>using anything but hard cash
shame on you

This is what I want to get into. Like our great grandparents.

Our notes use plastic and are waterproof, but I need to be able to store 100s sealed and in a small space

youtube.com/watch?v=74pIfAOVuEA

I have a great credit score in part because I know how credit cards and I never carry a balance - auto debit from bank so I never forget.

Cash won't get me anything.

That and Cash back offers. People who pay cash in stores basically help the store pay the 2% that credit cards charge, which then pays me in Cash back offers.

So Thank you user for paying in cash.

Attached: Cashback-Credit-Card.png (415x216, 16K)

Pretty confident my credit score is destroyed.. And unfixable.. So on the run for 7 years.. Cash will carry me until then. Off the books.

What you gain in cash back, finding second hand in good condition, you would save more.

Not a big fan of an ad company handling my finances for me

I understand with Facebook the worry about personal data because they give it away.

With Google being an AD company and they don't give the data away, and then if you use an adblocker so never see the ADs - whats the issue?

Literally nowhere uses this and the cashiers get all confused when you ask to pay with your phone.

>out of food? hold up, let me find a seller of secondhand bread on craigslist

>oh no the botnet knows what brand of toothpaste I use!

Where d ya get cash back on one loaf of bread? Lol.

Or mean reward points.

Double lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=jjFlMIarsPc

I'm in canada - everywhere that accepts a CC does tap to pay.

Google and Apple pay use the same system, so everything here can accept payment by phone.

Attached: 537b.jpg (728x410, 71K)

a grocery store? Do you not know how to shop?

I kinda build excersize into tasks.. So I walk to the mall, and hand carry back.

Gets a good work out. Feels good.

All of you faggots trading comfort for freedom are going to be our ruin.

CASH OR BUST

in a mid-sized town in the uk here. 90% of my transactions are done via contactless mobile payments. same whenever i go into london.

it's pretty damn convenient when the infrastructure is in place.

Freedom? Privacy maybe, but I'm not sure how I'm less free by paying with a credit card?

>botnet pay
Disgusting.

This. Very used to using contactless for pretty much everything. Chip & Pin seems ancient now.

Auscuck here. Contactless payments are everywhere. I always use my iPhone to pay for shit with Applepay.

>falling for the cashless meme

>paying in cash

Not having the option to do a charge back if something goes wrong with the transaction.

ennoy your dirty paper and metal

BITCOIN LIGHTNING

good goy let the beast take control of your money

Are there any alternatives to Google pay and Apple pay for phones?

Well, shit. Privacy then. And kind of freedom too. In my country, I can't pay with cash after 10 PM in gas stations, cabs or buses.

>Leftists think that violent crime is solved by not giving the criminals a chance to steal, rather than by proper punishment.

Samsung pay, and it's unironically the best out of them all too. It can use NFC like Google and Apple but it also has MST which allows it to mimic a swipe of a CC so you can use it literally anywhere that accepts a CC unlike Google and Apple where tap needs to be supported.

>let the beast take control of your money
My anonymity isn't worth not having 6% cash back.

Attached: muhnips.png (354x528, 205K)

just recently forgot my wallet at home and regretted not having at least my CC registered.
thankfully i didn't have to use it, but might end up actually setting it up just in case.

>tap
You don't have to tap it lol.

The fuck are you talking about you mentally handicap trip fag. NFC uses the same tech as tap for cards so if a reader isn't tap equipped you can't use apple/google pay.

>tap
I can tell you have never used it
Its near field communication not tap communication you absolute moron.

My time is worth money. No thanks. That goes double for buying shit without a warranty in the first place. I'm not going to fix that shit myself.

You are correct that you don't need to physically place it right on the reader. You are incorrect in your assumption that the MST tech they described is at anything all the same thing. They're talking about swiping with no NFC reader - you can do this with Samsung Pay but can't with Apple Pay and Google Pay

Tap is literally just a synonym for NFC when it comes to contactless payments, at least in Canada it is.

No it isn't.

Probably fucking retarded macfag shit.

Why are tripfags always dumbfags?

You just inadvertently made me remember that Philadelphia tried to ban bulletproof glass to stop restaurants from selling alcohol.

You say that but I bet I'm right that tap to pay is apple shit.

Attached: ihavenoface.jpg (600x800, 73K)

Attached: Interac_Flash_Banner_948x314_V2_EN.jpg (948x314, 54K)

You're a fucking idiot btw

Attached: flash_campaign_page_graphic_520x209_eng.jpg (520x209, 104K)

THE BOTNET GROWS

>the fucking typing style and layout of this post
really couldn't have made it anymore obvious who funded this post

Attached: 1428846328453.jpg (578x527, 35K)

Triggered to shit lol.
I already know tap is an Apple thing dude :3

>Tripfag pretending to be anonymous
???

Attached: 1511297225866.jpg (394x703, 68K)

It is anonymous.

Attached: tard.jpg (1024x512, 71K)

If you drop and break your phone you can't pay for anything dumbass.
Enjoy the botnet.

I'm waiting for LG's magnetic swipe technology.
It will work for chip & pin or legacy payment terminals.

Samsung has this already in their flagships but it's proprietary based and uses non-standard hardware.

LG's will use standard NFC to emulate a magnetic strip field.
This will allow other Android OEMs to adopt it without using samsungs non standard hardware.

Google pay or Apple pay for example doesn't support legacy magnetic terminals in the USA.

>inb4 eurofag
Lot's of interstate gas stations and northern areas that are away from society still use legacy mag stripe.

If your wallet gets lost or stolen then you can't play for anything. Same shit

Has anyone actually broken their phone to the point where it was unusable by simply dropping it? Like you'd have to seriously fuck the digitizer to do that. It's not like water is an issue now either with IP68 becoming standard as well. Honestly I'm getting close to the point where I'm considering just leaving my drivers license in my car and forgetting the rest of my wallet all together.

>not rooting your phone

Cool, now google tracks also what you buy.

Are you stupid? It's literally the business of Facebook, Google, etc to collect and sell data.

I always thought telemarketing on Jow Forums is forbidden.

American spotted. The rest of the world got contactless payment terminals before Apple + Google pay.

Samsung had to do that system just for you guys.

My days of rooting my phone are over. Now I value security and you can't have security after you've rooted the phone.

No different then anything - it was fun using your operating system as admin/root full time but you eventually understand you should use a standard user for security reasons.

> Store tracks the CC #
> CC company tracks your purchases.

Since this system doesn't give your CC # the store stops being able to track you by your purchases. Each transaction gets a different token number.

The phone knew you were in the store already. So we went from three tracking systems to two. CC company and Google. Your also more immune to card skimmers now.

Facebook yes.

Google no - they sell Ads based on knowing your data to be more effective with the Ads which is why companies pay. Giving away the data would be giving away what makes the most effective AD company.

Hey guys, sensible person here.

I pay with creditcard to get 3% cashback on gas, grocery and restaurants, because fuck those bread price-fixing jews, but when I am going to my mechanic I pay in cash.

I also don't bring out my 6in phone to pay for things and hold up the line trying to be a trendy faggot when I could just tap a card.

There's plenty of stores here that don't have NFC - so applel pay/google pay etc. is DOA. A payment system needs to be reliable, and only samsung pay is.

>loyalty cards
Enjoy your botnet

Actually Canada, and contactless payments are quite common here thanks to interac flash but theres still the odd store where you walk in and are about to buy something and go "oh shit, no tap"

For me thats Walmart. I don't understand how a company this big in Canada still doesn't have modern terminals.

I mean I can go out to the fucking farmers market and some Mennonite dude will offer me a wireless tap n go terminal....but Walmart can't keep up with that?

Attached: dsc_0107.jpg (3259x2128, 1.86M)

>tfw the japanese had this 13 years ago

the only downside i've experienced in Australia is refunds

most stores have a policy about using the same credit card to combat fraud

but they see the 4 digits virtual number and your card is different

samsung pay now shows the last 4 real and 4 virtual digits in the app so the cashier can confirm

>410 stores in canada
>dozens of checkouts per store
>why aren't they just getting 5000 terminals replaced already!

The farmer guy just got credit cards so he gets a new terminal

>literally same as tapping your card

In the time to remove the card from your wallet you can do the same for the phone by waking the screen

Or even if you set fingerprint/pin you can do it well before payment

Samsung pay gives you 30seconds ready and waiting to pay after you pin/fingerprint

lol Lg's solution is not open nor is it done by NFC

>The WMC technology is being supplied by payment solution provider Dynamics and allows any portable device to generate wireless magnetic data pulses that can be transmitted over the air to traditional magnetic stripe readers.

Also id much rather something across all of android like google pay vs just LG pay and Samsung pay

>3%
>sensible

Attached: 1434508775073.png (1014x762, 1022K)