Tfw i didnt fell for air cooling meme

>tfw i didnt fell for air cooling meme
corsair H150i here reporting in

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rh-software.com/
sivtxt.zz.vc/Using SIV to Control AIO Devices.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=V7-QWmT2jfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Didn't even install the software because it draws to much CPU performance

Attached: DSC_0009.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

>didnt fell
Make sure you don't fall in the shit covered streets of your country.

>implying it makes that big of a difference

Just delid if you want lower temps.

I heard the best air coolers out perform the best AIOs

>*outperforms your shitty aio*

Attached: 1497880846833.jpg (570x500, 70K)

I heard if they don't thermally overload and cause the chip to throttle it was up to personal preference. That's exactly why this thread is shit.

Even if that's the case it's still smarter to get the one with less moving parts and points of failure.

>"liquid" cooling
>it's actually just air cooling with more ways to fail

Is this even relevant? Obviously AIO cooling doesn't have the huge risk factor you're associating it with or it wouldn't be a viable product that is sold by virtually every vendor in some capacity. The examples of open loop failures I've seen are few and far between and usually due to people ricing shit like faggots.

Everything is shit compared to passive cooling but actual examples of that are few and far between unfortunately. Hopefully the NSG S0 can set a precedence for the market. The Airtop is equally impressive.

Passive is a meme. If a fan fails with a HSF you replace the fan which is inexpensive. If the pump dies on an AIO you have to replace almost the entire unit and I've had to do it personally several times. Corsair has good CS at least. Also you can go with an AIO that's more of a custom loop in a box where that isn't an issue but with those they usually give you bottom bin parts. I had to replace the pump on my Swifftech H220 three times before I just gave up on the thing.

>have to remove cooler just to add a stick of ram

rh-software.com/
sivtxt.zz.vc/Using SIV to Control AIO Devices.pdf

btw.. you're going to regret falling for the water cooling meme, believe me.

>Not having all the RAM you need installed already

Attached: 1521575980116.jpg (600x810, 56K)

Pretty sure that was only the D14 if you had ram with stupidly large heatsinks on them. I guess if you buy overpriced meme led ram you need the overpriced meme cooler to go with it.

Man I'm still rocking my Corsair h100i since 2014, CPU never goes past 45°C

>I had to replace the pump on my Swifftech H220 three times before I just gave up on the thing

Shit like this really makes we wonder if I'm just extremely lucky or if other people are doing something wrong/are retarded. I've been putting together PCs for over 10 years and I've never had a single part fail (in the time that I had the hardware). Never had a part that was DOA either. Yet you can go on any site that sells PC components and find a plethora of reviews talking about how they've had 5 motherboards that were DOA or a power supply that shit out on them 2 times before they got a working one. Again, maybe I'm just really lucky so my opinion is biased but I just feel like people are full of shit. Just for reference I leave my computer running almost 24/7 too.

>passive is a meme
>vacuum sealed system with one point of failure
>arguing for more points of failure

What are you doing? Make up your mind. And if your air fails, and you don't have a fan you're out of service until you can replace it. I'm going to assume you're an idiot, as well, since my singular experience with AIO circa a 2012 unit was that they fail well after the hardware they're cooling is obsolescent (a lifetime of 5 years).

When decent passive systems aren't 1000% more expensive call me.

It's probably a bunch of babby's first builders that shorted shit out or something. The only problem I ever had was a product of bad GPU BIOS on the 8800GT cards at release causing "limp home" mode to trigger. That and a whiny PWM motor in a fan, but that was easily remedied.

Time doesn't mean anything if all you're doing is building for yourself. I've probably built more PCs than you have in ten years in this year alone. Also AIOs are a fairly recent thing.

when people get consecutive faulty parts its a faulty batch that slipped through qc

I still use a Scythe Mugen I bought in 2007. Fuck your 5 years of failure.

And with fans closer to the exterior pushing against radiators that require higher static pressure.
So you get a lot more noise for similar performance.

I best you still have the Q6600 under it too, faggot.

Attached: 1509210704880.jpg (382x382, 16K)

>if your air fails, and you don't have a fan you're out of service until you can replace it.

Fans hardly ever fail completely.
99.9% of the time they start making noise when the bearings are worn out so you replace them.

And even if it did fail after the shops have closed and you can't wait 12 hours you could always use one of your case fans.

>he thinks having the heat move farther from the processor makes a difference
>he thinks liquids transfer heat better than gas/vapor
Liquid cooling a meme, it literally gets heat soaked by design compared to air which directly expels heat. The marginal temp difference that water cooling gets is because of how much of the liquid absorbs the heat, but it fails to dispel it since its basically an insulator. Air cooling does a quicker job at dispersing heat.

TL:DR
>AIR
lower heat capacity, faster dispersion
>WATER
higher heat capacity, slower dispersion

Nope, retired that but it was a legendary CPU. It cools a 8320 I got for $40.

You can also relube the bearings. Takes 5 mins. I still use the original fan from

>city living
>metro male
>willing to use a case fan and compromise systemwide airflow
>doesn't whittle his fans out of soft pine
>or manually wrap coils
>buys retail fans

Lucky fucker. There's one shop here and they'd charge me $20 for a cheap molex header Chinese fan manufactured in the early nineties that has dial-up sounds burnt into its bearings from acoustic resonance buildup.

Attached: 1506751865982.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

And you don't have internet so you can't order online?

after doing some research on this, i tried both h110i v2 and fractal celsius s24. The s24 was somehow much quiter and knocked off near 10 degrees off.

I think the soundest argument for liquid is the expandability. You can have a 120x120mm rad with a 28mm depth or one with a 60mm depth or a 360x360x60mm. Ultimately the final argument has to do with cases. If you chose the latter you have to either build a custom case or house it externally. Once you operate outside the boundaries of a case liquid becomes far superior.

Then there's this:
youtube.com/watch?v=V7-QWmT2jfk

Attached: 1521807869069.jpg (739x739, 87K)

what if you used liquid metal instead of water?

I ordered 3 BeQuiet fans and a BeQuiet cooler off Analzon. 2 of the fans and the cooler arrived after 4 days, the last fan showed in on the fifth day. This is despite being a "prime" product. I luckily have 2 fans that I can zip tie to my CPU cooler, but I doubt I could mount them properly. They're also not PWM.

For the life of me I CANNOT find this cooler anywhere. Either because it's just sold out, or hasn't been released yet I'm unsure. But I want it. I'm a CM fanboy and have been since forever. I replaced my first generation Hyper 212+ with the updated Hyper 212X Turbo Dual fan version. Now I'm seeing this thing. According to reviews, it performs very well and nips at the heels of most AiO units/noctua NH-D15. Only $65 too.

I intend to ditch the stupid RGB cancer fans and replace them with my current Silencio CM fans I have.

Attached: CM-MA620P.png (1089x1080, 1.28M)

This, and either way, its not like you're adding ram in often enough for it to be a hassle

If you never add in ram, you'll probably only do it once, even then you can just remove the fan from most xboxhueg coolers and it'll fit in that way

just buy a Scythe Fuma man, its cheaper than that, and matches up with high end coolers.

Thats why i said fuckingplebs

no! It's not Cooler Master and I want this one. I've looked at every mainstream cooler for weeks and none of them were like this. REEE Lemme be a brand loyal idiot!

Attached: 1521388552203.png (480x360, 257K)

A while back, I asked someone if I needed to cover kitchen work surfaces in a food-safe oil, rather than a simple wood varnish. He asked me, "have you ever heard of anyone being poisoned because they prepared some food on a varnished item of wood"? I had to admit that I hadnt but when I thought whether it was best to air cool a computer or liquid cool it, I have arrived at the conclusion that I have never heard of anyones air cooling system leaking over the electrical components and killing the computer. The same cannot be said of liquid cooling

Except it does.
I know Corsair is paying you to say otherwise, but that won't change the truth.

hey what's the matter Jow Forumsuise have you realised people arent falling for the liquid cooling meme anymore so you are here to spam your shitty links to your shop?

No, it's called a design fault.

Liquid cooling is worse it just looks cooler

i feel your pain

why didn't you just get a 612 v2????

i mean, i did, and it's the best cpu cooler ever.

fuck that 212 nonsense. been there done that.

How can air cooling be a meme if it's the standard method of cooling?

kek

What case?

the problem with AIO is that you can get a better air cooler for same $ also you could say AIO is better because of noise but this isn't true AIO pumps are very small and as they age get very very loud louder than proper watercooling pumps that are larger.

Basically the only reason to get a AIO is if your case has very cramped space and cant fit a air cooler it might be able to fit a AIO in some goofy way.

ITT: Poor people who have to put lipstick on the pig that is air cooling.

A good air cooler is in almost the same price range as an AIO water cooling solution. The water cooling solution will not put pressure on your mainboard and will keep your CPU / GPU cooler than air can do. There is a simple reason why cars are watercooled and not aircooled - it simply isn't enough.

>There is a simple reason why cars are watercooled and not aircooled
False equivalency.

>Cooler Master
lol baby tier company couldn't handle one reviewer actually reviewing their case

Corsair H110 here.
Keeps my 4670k at around 50C when playing games.

I don't think thats right. Heat transfer is proportional to the temperature difference, so air which hearts up faster will have a lower transfer rate than water which hearts up slower for the same amount of energy. It's also worth noting air cooling still uses liquid to transfer heat to the fins, through the heat pipes. The difference between the two is the travel distance, and how the liquid is moved, as well as heat capacity of the liquid.

are you using an itx case?
are you using a microatx case?
then you have no reason to be using a less efficient than air cooler

I made a terrible mistake not getting the liquid cooled 1080TI , I thought it didn't make a difference , I now believe the liquid cooled version would have been the better , stay cooler , purchase

Wrong. The best AIOs outperform the best air coolers, but they're noisier, costlier and have more points of failure, for often minor temperature changes.
But they often have less clearance issues so it's really up to the user. I have a H100i AIO and I'll be going back to a big tower cooler (bequiet) for my next build.

Attached: 4 and pro.jpg (1277x619, 106K)

Air is more prone to temperature change than water. Water has a higher heat capacity. Temperature difference has to be ignored since they are both constant at first and change depending on the volume/mass/amount of the substance used. In this case a CPU produces the same amount of heat and the water/air in the coolers start at room temperature which then needs to transfer to the surrounding air in the room, also at room temperature.

The amount of water (liquid) in liquid cooler's tubing perform similarly to the amount of air (vapor) in the air cooler's heat pipes. You see this in countless youtube videos that compare the two with similar sized heat spreaders (usually the size of 2x 120mm fans of aluminum). Keep in mind there is more liquid used than air and also the liquid needs to be flowing via an extra pump because of the density.

Why? There is ample airflow when driving, much more so than for a PC case.
Just because the engine is something different than a CPU doesn't mean it is automatically a false equivalency.

Yeah it's good but too massive. And it's a dust magnet and cleaning it is near impossible.

Also it weighs 2kg

Air, it's already installed and never goes over 50 under full load and idles at 20.
The other really nice thing is it's much easier to deal with when you want to take shit apart.

Attached: IMG_20160628_135417.jpg (3264x1836, 1.02M)

>not having 64 gigs of it from the beginning
Get a job.

>Perks of water cooling
Cooler temps that have 0 benefit, unless you have a CPU that can have an extreme OC.
Louder fan noise.
Entrance of a new noise, pump whine.
More maintenance.
Chance of a failure that will take the entire system with it.

>Perks of air cooling.
>CPU runs at optimized temperatures.
>It's quieter.
>It just werks.

You mean 'phase-change heat-pipe' or 'liquid'. It's heat pipes that made water cooling obsolete.

>Have a Noctua NH-D15
>Super quiet and great cooling capability
>Almost made it so my GPU didn't fit, the RAM is stuck under the cooler and in general it's just a huge piece of shit that sits in my case

I like it whenever I don't have the case open and it's just there. But whenever I open the case it's a big lump that makes it harder to do everything. Pretty much the only reason I am considering liquid cooling is because it takes up less space.

My problem with heatsinks is the dust