The great big 3

The great big 3.

Attached: 1510306369796.png (640x305, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

funroll-loops.teurasporsaat.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no 'great big 3',

I hate uncentered images, why couldnt you put debian in the middle you nigger

There is only debian-based or rhel-based.
Everything else is a meme.

I'd replace Debian with Ubuntu, simply because Debian is too freetard to be a consideration for a lot of people.

ditto. Just debian testing and centos

>Ubuntu
What is the point? Might as well use wangblows or fucking marcos.

what's gentoo doing in your GNU/systemd distro list?

You have the option to use either Systemd or OpenRC.

>nano /etc/apt/sources.list
>add contrib non-free to end of repo list
wow that was hard

the real great big 3:
>REHL
>debian
>slackware

Why does everyone have a boner for gentoo?

can anyone explain what is gentoo even for?

Attached: 1522975130439.gif (69x60, 29K)

>Ubuntu
Nigger distro for fucking niggers.

I am using debian, but the installation was really a pain in the ass because of this free software shit.
The installer told me that my wireless adapter needs proprietary firmware and that I need to manually add it during the installation, so I tried to do that but no matter what I did the installer didnt recognize the firmware packages.

So i had to install it without a network connection, later plug it into a LAN network, manually create the repo file, install proprietary firmware and configure the wireless network.

I didn't really have a problem with getting it to run properly but it was a pain in the ass.

arch and gentoo are niche distros

>can anyone explain what is gentoo even for
For the experienced Linux user that likes to fine tune their system and minimize bloat

>Arch

OH MAN OH JEEEZE
*inhales*
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

That happens to me every time I do a net install. Just put the firmware files onto a thumbdrive and have it load, I've never had an issue with it. And the one time I did (didnt have a thumbdrive handy), I just popped in a network cable and added non-free afterwards. Debian literally just werkz, as much if not more than Ubuntu thanks to choosing stable packages.

>arch and gentoo are niche distros
[EDIT]
arch and gentoo are nice distros

Compile shit on your own machine using all available CPU optimizations and -O3 and file bug reports when your gay compile options lead to constant system crashes

Did the same when I was a n00b. Took me an hour max for searching apt sources list config and opening the text editor as root (lol) and can do It now in seconds.

non-meme list
>debian
>rhel
>opensuse

No bloat, extremely high optimisation and customisation plus nice meme

>nigger
What does that make Debian? Mulatto? Or, double dipped?

Test post (cannot post in Jow Forums?)

Aryan

>has wifi problems
> doen't have phone that can tether home wifi
i used to be like you

>double dipped
I don't understand your mutt expressions.

I did put the firmware files onto a thumbrive, it didn't recognize them wether I put them on the drive I was installing from, a different drive, no matter where I mounted it.
I somewhat know how to operate linux, it did not work.

Thats not the point.
It makes things inconvenient for users just for the sake of being a freetard distro.
It could just ask "do you want to use non-free software/firmware yes or no" during the installation and proceed accordingly. But no, debian needs to make a big fucking fuss about it

>he's a proprietaryfag
If no open source drivers exist for your hardware, you're a cuck.

>Muh open sores
Frig off

whitelist on adblock, fag.

I'll just not post there instead.

>Muh Linux
Frig off
>Muh computers that don't spy on you 24/7
Frig off
>Muh being in control of anything
Frig off

are you sure the second part was for ?

>Muh
Frig off

How about never post again?

Yeah, it was meant to be for , sorry

Not only would that look better, it would feel better since the distros would be in alphabetical order.
It can run on almost anything. Personally, I run it wherever I can't run Arch.

why do Deplebian users think there badass? now even a rolling release like ARCH

Please remove arch

Debian Master Race

Attached: debian.jpg (891x1000, 67K)

arch used to not even sign their packages, right?

Attached: ubuntucuck.jpg (401x349, 36K)

Yep, true. Debian used to not even sign their packages, either, and for a much longer period of time. Granted, they are much older than Arch.
Gentoo, however, never had this problem.

>double dipped
It means really black, like they recieved two coats of paint.

Arch users on Jow Forums are shit-tier neckbeards, but I won't shit on Arch itself or the wider community. It fits a niche and I've used the wiki a few times even though I don't use Arch.

Attached: arch logo.png (804x906, 46K)

#NotAllArchUsers

No.
Exactly this. There are no "big 3", but rather only 3: Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu. everything else is a pitiful meme.

ermmm you forgot solus

>I have to do a workaround every time I install it
>it literally just werkz!
the absolute state of lesbians

Attached: file.png (684x900, 125K)

Replace archmemenix with fedora and you're spot on
But debian will always have the best logo

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-07-07-52-18-2702.png (1366x768, 265K)

That's because you didnt download the installer with the non-free drivers.
I don't 100% blame you because the debian site is pretty shitty, but still you should have read that paragraph above the links

You mean the one that is literally a default photoshop brush with a single filter applied to it?
The one that is literally a ripoff of buzz lightyear's chin?

Attached: debian brush photoshop.png (1168x390, 61K)

Arch Linux ARM is nice
It has lots of supported ARM machines
It's the only distro that caters to my ARM Chromebook
I can do basically everything I want to do
Even has builds of Docker and Postgres
Freetard software
No Intel backdoor
Feels good man

>all the releases are named after toy story characters
>some of the original devs worked with pixar
>somehow the logo reflecting this is bad
hmmm

Slack

How is it possible for a single human being to be so based

this. Debian is freetard software, thank god ub*ntu is basically debian-unfucked

I used the nonfree ISO and had no problems with hardware. Everything was recognized automatically.

>thank god ub*ntu is basically debian-unfucked

*violates your freedoms*

Thanks Kev

Hello friend

thats the point of debian. If you want nonfree shit, add the nonfree repos or use niggerbuntu.

Install debian.

Attached: 2018-04-07-211103_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 294K)

>niggerbuntu.
Stop it

I didn't realize a logo had to be hard to make in order to be good.

Why I don't use Debian:

1.The stable version contains only obsolete, slow software, yet is not stable on an absolute scale (it's Linux, after all).
2.The unstable version offers less obsolete software, but it can break at any time.
3.Debian treats its user base as free beta testers.
4.Debian develops towards trends, not functionality
5.Debian's logos and graphics are almost the ugliest available (although Ubuntu is worse).
6.Debian has a large repository, but about 20% of all programs I want are not in there, and another 50% are there in obsolete versions.
7.Debian is a pure GNU/Linux distribution (unchanged: this is a reason not to use it)
8.Debian upgrades packages every day and versions every 3-4 years, yet it never gets better.
9.Debian has documentation on par with that of other free software projects (which is almost none/useless/obsolete).
10.Debian is led by developers who couldn't get a job in a real software shop.
11.Debian requires you to spend time compiling tools that are missing from its repository.
12.Debian isn't just a logo and a package manager, but a fanatical mindset that requires ideology before functionality.
13.Dual booting hurd/bsd/linux is impossible, as you can only dual-boot two operating systems (you can triple-boot three). Triple-booting requires three eternities for three UNIX-like operating systems, or two eternities for two UNIX-like OSs and Windows.

pfffffff

I like this post. Here's a nice related link:

funroll-loops.teurasporsaat.org/

Attached: 1516322125642.jpg (2048x1536, 285K)

yeah maybe if you're retarded and like to go on /g

Is this how archfaggots see their operating system?

I agree but are you 4 years old?

I love Gentoo. There is literally no valid criticism for it. I've been using it on my desktop for about three months now.

I also managed to get it running on my Raspberry Pi's and have distccd set up for cross compilation. I also have the Raspberry Pi's configured to PXE boot as and mount an NFS root so managing the cluster imaging is fairly easy and centralized... Makes updates easy.

I'm working on getting Kubernetes going as well but that's new to me and I'm not too familiar with things in that realm yet. Anyways, Gentoo is the shit.

>There is literally no valid criticism for it
time sink of installing a simple program

i hereby critique that aspect of the fucking fucked fuck

Ubuntu Server for my projects, Debian for my computer, Arch for sharpening my skills.

If you had to spend 24 total hours building your OS from "scratch", you'd get emotionally attached too.

>rhel-based
iirc fedora has been the upstream for a while now and rhel only takes the good stuff from there so it's actually debian or fedora-based

So install the binary instead of compiling if you are in a rush.

Fuck you dude, not bullshitting with that

You're missing RHEL-based, but generally yes. Every other distro is just based on these four.

Only faggots install systemd on gentoo

please keep this thread alive

oh for fuck's sake, can we all stop using the swear word meme already? it's annoying as fuck

Shit the fuck up FREAK faggot!

This

look, if I see a star in the middle of a word, i see it as a parsing variable. like, yeah, microsoft sucks or whatever but calling it "m*crosoft" to me just look like msrfdghsdfkugdsufhgsdfgsufdgcrosoft, and I think Jow Forums of all places should get that

This is correct.
Gentoo > Arch > Your out of the box shit.

that seems like a totally unnecessary jumping-through-hoops to accomplish what can be done with software specification. but i guess that's what happens when you implement something as fucking dumb as a monolithic kernel

I'm perfectly okay with RedHat/CentOS not being included

i trust solaris more than any bsd or the buggy shit based off of whatever linus stole from minix. linux is a meme

Translation: I'm retarded and I can't install Arch, that's why I'm talking bullshit about it.

No, Linux For Niggers is the nigger distro for niggers. Ubuntu comes with an Amazon app, while Linux For Niggers came with myspace built in to the DE. There's a huge difference.

oh what, you're too good for slackware? fuck you

> t. antergos user

>He can't install and use a real OS

I run MirageOS and Inferno, you fucking faggot noob.

All-in-one pic related

Attached: 3B75CE50-A07E-440E-A407-E2A09C1C7C5D.png (1366x768, 244K)

tfw qubesbro

Attached: qubes (2).png (3840x1080, 634K)