Toolkit.telemetry.enabled: true

>toolkit.telemetry.enabled: true
>status: locked
Remind me again why (((open source))) isn't botnet

Attached: 1513819165964.jpg (264x263, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1422689
gist.github.com/0XDE57/fbd302cef7693e62c769
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Firefox makes unrequested connections
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice bait
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1422689

>use a beta version
>complains about telemetry

Attached: You.png (645x729, 56K)

Open sores is a kike trick to guilt (You) into working for them for free.

just do this

Attached: 1504655760876.png (515x338, 27K)

>Status: RESOLVED INVALID

Attached: 1522746556695.jpg (417x558, 142K)

If there's no water in the pipe then it doesn't matter if you open the valve or not.

OP BTFO

>Remind me again why (((open source))) isn't botnet
Because you can download the source code and do whatever you want with it.

but it's botnet bro download chrome now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all of chrome is open source and you litterally need to compile yourself to degoogle. Otherwise you literally cannot opt out of data gathering.
See ungoogled-chromium

JUST USE STABLE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: UWOTM8.png (739x606, 41K)

stable is unironically less stable than nightly because it's updated less frequently so if nightly has an issue it's fixed in a few days but if stable has an issue it takes weeks to be fixed

>trusting nu-mozilla
it went to shit when eich was forced to leave

>inb4 he chose to leave
kys

Nani?

Attached: 1500951997016.png (1506x552, 61K)

he made his own browser which is even worse than firefox so no big loss id say

Attached: 1515793463245.png (1431x541, 59K)

He’s pointing out that all of these anti-Firefox threads are secretly Chrome shill threads

that fags new browser is indeed a steaming pile of shit, but he kept the previous company he was at in check, with clear and straight pro-user software priorities. now its just an sjw fest where people compete to see who makes the most hipster shit, the users can go fuck themselves (ive literally been told to get fucked by one of them, im not even joking).
if you were an early firefox adopter (pre 1.0) you would know why the current decisions of that company are not like they used to be.

is there something like ungoogled chromium but instead an unbotnetted firefox that removes every fucking botnet "feature"?

You can configure everything in about:config, just search for a privacy tweaks guide like this one:
gist.github.com/0XDE57/fbd302cef7693e62c769
Waterfox has some privacy tweaks enable by default too.

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

Be careful. Disabling some things can hamper functionality or performance.

yeah but that has a big risk because I might skip over something. plus, I rather not have the botnet than have to find it and disable it.

ungoogled chromium also doesn't have webrtc at all, so disabling that shit is not needed. it'd be great if something like an unbloated unbotnetted firefox was available.

firefox has too many variables the user can change, no silver bullet user

no I mean what if there was a fork that removed ALL telemetry, webRTC and other bloat and botnet?

You are also taking a risk using a browser that claims to have removed everything. And firefox forks are seriously undermanned. Palemoon is under scrutiny right now for doing shady things on startup.

There is.

>Palemoon
bloated clunky outdated garbage

t. used to be my main browser for years.

name it

google it

>wanting to get rid of botnet and bloat
>using google
name it

Use a google alternative.

>stable is unironically less stable than nightly because it's updated less frequently
But that's the why it is called stable...

already did, found nothing new, only stuff I know about that is already shit

The whole idea is to release a STABLE version, which doesn't have issues.
The fact that nightly gets issues fixed so frequently is because adding features have bugs, which gets fixed, then when it works, stable gets updated.
Another thing going for stable is to have something that /justWorks/ and minimize the amount of updates.

il help you user
it seems this page is still relevant and mozilla keep it updated
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Firefox makes unrequested connections