pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread:

Attached: tipro-front-2000.jpg (2000x965, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/designing-a-custom-topre-board-t11734.html
amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Multicolor-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tenkeyless/dp/B01I1N6N3U/
youtube.com/watch?v=2o3jrI3ISrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

modular keyboards where you could ad more units to them, they had programmable firmware not at the level of a modern keyboard but they where programmable, the top part of those keycaps are swapable it had cherry switches and keycaps that don't require fucking stabilizers.

I want another meme board

Attached: 40% Memes.jpg (3264x2448, 786K)

why user? that planck has a missing case you should finish it before getting a new toy, that's one of my self imposed rules to prevent hording and it works very well

buypigs

Build yourself an MX mount version of this board before I do then.

Attached: 6JIEvif.png (1920x1080, 677K)

@65448637
>Using the same bait every thread

Attached: 1ce.jpg (225x225, 6K)

looks shit

Attached: IMG_20171219_171811_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

>Budget
~200 if it will last long
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
No idea. I like the clicky feel, but something too loud would eventually become a pain in the ass.
>Layout
ISO (DE)
>Form factor
70-80%. Nothing without arrow keys.
>Backlight
Yes

I can't tell if this post is also bait

Attached: photo_2017-01-15_21-41-34.jpg (1280x960, 140K)

>artisanal keyboards

Attached: f0512a889f60f3e54740a39a3e883149cf8826b4802187f5a3d84752cb7fa77c.png.jpg (240x255, 17K)

for that budget you should go for the custom keyboards like for example this one (the tiny one) a tada for example

that's not a thing user

they go one step further and buy artisinal key CAPS lol what a pathetic """""""""""""hobby""""""""""""""

we need a consumer electronics board where threads like this one can live

Thank you /mkg/ for existing! I would never discover this wonderful high end world of keyboards without you! Just got my first mechanical keyboard, and I am in love! I think this is it, nothing can top this feeling of my new high end Razer!

Attached: _DSC0324.jpg (3456x2304, 2.31M)

le razer meme haha xD

welcome to the mecchy club :) nice board

I know you're trolling but the new BlackWidows are honestly fine. Overpriced for what they are, but pretty decent.

nothing with trash keycaps and a weird bottom row is fine

Yeah fair point. You can get other caps for them though, even with the non-standard bottom row. I wouldnt recommend buying one but I don't think they're worthless trash like they used to be.

at this point no one cares about standard bottom row, most sets come with extra keys and some are made for this keyboards

Anyone have a Rantopad MXX?
I'm looking for something to replace my ducky until the shine 7 special edition comes out.

Or can someone recommend something until then that's better?

What's /mkg/'s preferred place to buy nice USB cables (double sleeved at a minimum)?

I have the top plate and middle insert I just need to get a metal plate cut and i dunno where to get that done.

see

how about a smt stencil from a pcb builder, they are super thin do

Newfag here, what am I looking at?

Mechcables

Here:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/designing-a-custom-topre-board-t11734.html

Thoughts on the Matias Quiet Clicks? Ive always loved MX clears but i wanna try matias one day

Attached: 1523127735707.jpg (1200x458, 256K)

>wobbly keys
>sensitive to dirt

I was seriously considering quiet linears but there are way too many posts/threads about their build quality/QA for me to feel comfortable buying them

They're more tactile than clears, and the tactility is sharper. But as said, they're more wobbly than MX.

and you need uncommon keycaps

:^)

Attached: Nexus Alps slider.jpg (1920x1080, 554K)

im getting the new kira board. i am pretty excited about the layout.

honestly though, numpad on the left is where the future is at.

anyway, what switches sohuld i get on my new board? box royal or hako true?

and a stem replacement
:^)

should i sell one of my watches and pledge 250€ on the HUB kickstarter or will it flop?

Attached: rotary.jpg (2400x1600, 926K)

>tfw my K95 Platinum got wet and stopped working
>had to move the switches onto my old Chroma because I love the Browns and hate the Greens
At this point I kinda hope my K95 doesn't recover. Maybe I should buy a Jow Forums approved keyboard next.

Attached: IMG1022.jpg (2048x1536, 264K)

buypig

Where can I find an el-cheapo like this to leave on my desk at work, but with brown or red or similar?
This one is almost perfect. Sold by amazon. Reviews of "great for its price". Totally standard layout, you can even get a 10 key less one for £21 but unfortunately I'd need them for work. It looks like a bog standard office keyboard and hopefully won't be stolen, but enough not like a normal keyboard that the IT guy won't think its one of his shitty Dell keyboards.

The only problem is that it has Chinese clones of blues. Will probably be too noisy in an office. Although are they really noisier than using a mushy shit keyboard that I have to aggressively bottom out on and bash away at because otherwise its too annoying?

Or should I start at home with a decent blue and see if I like them / if its too loud for work, if not then buy this to take to work?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-08_00-13-44.png (985x659, 195K)

This is what I'm considering buying for home by the way.
Looking at alternatives because its just ever so slightly too boring and bland, and stretching the budget.
Typing and programming not gaming, undecided between blues and browns.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-08_01-57-14.png (1177x787, 391K)

I think the chink seller that I bought my anne pro from realized he doesn't really have to honor selling a $80 board for $55, so he just won't ship it until the order automatically gets cancelled.

Whatever. This is better anyway, since I wanted to build my own board and this is a good excuse.
Is the GH60 still the best PCB for DIY 60%?

Attached: 1523145189269.png (684x900, 125K)

They should have a brown switch variant available too. It's really uncommon for them to not offer the other two basic switch options.

Also what are some cases that don't have the shitty "floating switch" meme

actually the anne pro drops to 50$ very often i don't know wtf is wrong with this seller lol

how many days have passed now?

Bought it on the 28th and he still hasn't shipped, didn't reply to my message on ali either.
Honestly I didn't really like the anne pro too much, mainly got it because it was a good deal.

Attached: 1523104849028.jpg (3989x2183, 2.34M)

Which is the best place to get good genuine cherry stabilizers?

cherry factory

what's the cheapest tks Jow Forums would recommend

do kailh low profiles allow to build smaller keyboards or the distance in between switches keeps the same

You don't fuck with the distance between keycaps m8. It's a standard 19mm for 99% of boards. It allows the board to be much thinner of course.

i just want to play around with 2 millimeters making me safe a row without any big change

Are Kalih box reds/browns better than the gateron equivalents?

Are there any actually nice, and usable one hand keyboards out there?

If nothing else, the force curves look better on the box switches. Apparently because of that box stem they're more stable than standard MX stems.

Attached: browns & reds.jpg (3478x2468, 566K)

Is the tactile element in the box browns still plastic rubbing on plastic? I'll go with reds in that case

If you need to be quiet, get silenced switches, otherwise get blues

Are these cherry keycaps or topre?

If you mean that separate little pusher which is on the leaf spring, then yes.

don't buy a gh60, north facing switches interfere with cherry profile keycaps

kailh low pro keycaps are smaller yes

i don't know the exact differences, but here's a board built with them but using standard mx spacing to give you an idea

Attached: QjMwFON.jpg (4032x3024, 1.19M)

actually just realised i could measure the caps i have here on my desk rather than just giving pictures, kailh low pro keycaps are 18mm wide and 16mm tall compared to the standard 19mm square

Welp, after two years, I've spilt whiskey+coke over my 4 year old keyboard. Just about to replace. It was a mech eagle but apparently amazon doesn't carry it anymore. Good shit where I could get withing a week from the ass-end of Cape Breton?

Attached: 1475603891412.jpg (700x700, 95K)

can you guys recommend me something small/minimal like the tada but not backlit and cheaper?

What should I go with then?

He’s sorta correct. If you don’t install LEDs you’ll be fine

Magic force 68

Dz60

It's only $3 more for standard configuration, or $8 more for a superior USB-C connection, and has much better layout support plus QMK firmware over outdated TMK

I don't really care about LEDs, but the boards with leds pre-soldered are only a few bucks more it looks like.

Gotcha, thanks.
Is there a specific case type that I have to search for so that the switches are protected from all sides? Hate the floating switch look/durability

>bottoming out when typing
>thinkingemoji.jpg

"high profile" might work, otherwise just look for assembled pictures of it and see if it's enough

I looked up mechanical eagle and they have a ridiculously cheap modular keyboard
amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Multicolor-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tenkeyless/dp/B01I1N6N3U/

Sounds like the switches and keycaps suck but that's still half the price of the GMMK with no switches or keycaps. I'm tempted. Thoughts?

>typing like you have delicate fairy fingers

Get your juggalo ass outta here

What is the memest memeboard to holiday in meme city? If it doesn't exist, describe it.

This is a keyboard thread. Post your keyboard, user.

Attached: lol keyboard.jpg (2000x1333, 754K)

I have it, its works fine but here are a few points to take on consideration.
>switches are outemu blues, loud as fuck, like 4 times louder than cherry blues
> looks ok in the outside but the pcb seems a bit loose when changing switches it wobbles a bit.
> most switches wont fit straight into the holtites, I had to press the pins of gateron and cherry switches with pliers for them to fit (outemus didn't have this problem, I think kailh will fit too).
> in only has like 3 key roll over more than 3 or 4 keys at the same time and it goes to shit.

Overall not that bad for a starter, I wanted something cheap and without any lights to try the mech meme, it still wokrs after 6 months and 2 switch changes.

I've been using my box navies for the past 3 months. Swapped out some Cherry Browns from a QFR-i with them. They're definitely worth it.

How big of a weight difference is there? Compared to other switches for instance.

A bit, but you get used to it within a a few days

Yours looks worse

Can I get the mkg starter image in a non potato resolution?

Nvm, imgur was just being a cunt

100-150 leafbucks
canada
cherry brown but if shit meme is true then clear or blue?
ansi
100%
no fucks about backlight but cheap is good
nothing but basic bitch keyboards and laptops
I'm looking for a solid but not overpriced keyboard for gaming and corsair/razer seems nice but overpriced.
I have bigger hands if that helps.

Is it possible to mod the kbd75 to be hotswappable with holtites? Apparently it's been verified in the deskauthority wiki but I'm still not sure. The keyboard is perfect for me but I'd like to be able to change the switches without having to solder.

Thanks for the info, user. I think I'll stick with a GMMK. I want something to try various Kailh box switches in, but also hold up well as a nice board if I find a switch I really like, so this sounds a bit too dodgy for my needs. Still sounds good for the price though.

Make sure to get some genuine cherry stabs and some lube to replace the ones in the gmmk to eliminate the shitty rattle. Otherwise, it's a super solid board.

Yeah I've heard about the shitty stabilisers. I've already ordered some genuine cherry ones so it should be all good. I've got a set of burnt orange switches coming, and I think I'll try some navies and maybe the royals when they're available.

youtube.com/watch?v=2o3jrI3ISrM

Where do I find a Model F AT and what is a good price for one?

Attached: c639f708b4e640a1763ce29a9eb75da1.jpg (914x1249, 266K)

>implying im talking about sounds and not the feel
user..

That keyboard is beautiful, where to get one like that for cheap?

they are topre, they came from a Sony BKE video editing system

Anybody got a good tip to get the smell of beer out of a keyboard?

Attached: download.jpg (258x195, 6K)

>sensitive to dirt
How bad is it in reality? I keep my desk rather clean and I can't see how dirt would get into the switches.

Attached: XWcv9nI.png (809x720, 827K)