Can you make music on Linux?

Can you make music on Linux?

Attached: uvi-falcon-review.jpg (1208x728, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4vl7b4nzII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=O4vl7b4nzII

At least use Renoise fag.

only true if you want vst stuff, milky is far better in xm/mod playback (impulse modules are better on renoise tho)

Its non-free but I recommend Bitwig. Almost identical to Ableton.

fuckin fl studio works in wine

tracktion is actually good enough for mostly everything

Yes, but it will suck.

Your music's going to suck no matter what software you use, because you're trash.

No but you can game

Attached: extremetuxracer.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

This is excellent news, I hope you are right

that looks sick
brb installing ubuntu

best just to go with windows or mac for music I heard from that meme guy who fixes mac

If you want to do low latency recording, good luck fucking around with 30 different sound systems to get 12 ms.

Been using FL with Wine for a year now.
Only thing that doesn't work is file drag and drop but otherwise fine. Setting up ASIO was a bit of a hassle but it also works now.

don't worry open source music isn't after that level of quality

FL studio works really well in wine
Reaper has both a very well working wine version and a prototype native version
a few trackers have a native version and all of them work under wine
butthis guy is right

Gentoostudio best audio station ever i seen.

Attached: logo.png (300x214, 69K)

>JACK is 30 sound systems

Alsa --> Pulseaudio --> Jack

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg (800x800, 93K)

what are the other 27?

Last time I checked, LMMS existed so I think you can.

yes
echo "void main(){for(int t=0;;t++){putchar(t * 8 & (t >> 5) | t * 12 & (t >> 10));}}" | gcc -xc - && ./a.out | aplay

the only worthwhile daw it has is bitwig
otherwise not really
audio/music is still shit on linux

>FPS 27.8

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

kys

mixxx is actually pretty good.. until it crashes during a live set. hardware is the only option for live music, but mixx does very well for recording.

You can, but the audio stack makes it as needlessly complicated as possible.

Can you use VSTs on Linux version of Bitwig (or just stock plugins maybe?)