What's your favorite scripting language

What's your favorite scripting language

Attached: 8166b799fa254b2b9161bdf4f3a9febe__elementary_landscape_art_elementary_art.jpg (567x434, 41K)

Python

Bash

Latin

C++

Ruby, the only correct answer

JavaScript

Plankalkul2Ruby is my answer

nani

Attached: 1519753496562.png (672x434, 107K)

Ruby. Shit just works, yo.

poorly labeled image

Ruby is my favorite but Python is what I use the most in practice

Ruby, it’s lit senpai here too. Join us.

MoonScript

Windows batch files

The programmer's best friend

Attached: PP9.png (500x576, 183K)

> needing a script language for your script language
Lua is disgusting.

Coffeescript

if someone would make a standalone implementation of Coffeescript it would replace everything, it has all the best features of Python, Ruby and Javascript

tcl paleolithic but effective in classic scripting

Lua and embedded Lisps are the epitome of scripting languages. Everything else is a glorified bash.

Question:

Is the horizon line the name of the sillhouette of the landscape next to the sky (like in op's pic) or is it the imaginary line that forms a disc around us, that is, the division between land and sky if we were on a flat desert or at sea or on top of a perfect sphere earth?

Do you know what a scripting language is?

Haskell

Why not perl6?

Basic

I think I’ve heard that like 25% of node packages are written in coffeescript - I’m not at all in that ecosystem so I don’t know how true that is or how to even verify that number, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to just run it on node like anything else even if it has an added transpilation step before running.

fuck off sam

Python is the nicest to use because I don't actually need to think, particularly since the problems I'm trying to solve shouldn't require any effort anyway.
...but I write a worrying amount of bash scripts that should have been written in something actually designed for general purpose programming because I'm just chaining other shit together and maybe doing a bit of logic on it.

not that user, but I've written a handful of tiny things that I'd probably should have written in python or whatever in C++

does anyone use perl6?
kind of tempted to learn it

Popularity isn't really gonna sway me either way, but I'm curious.

Autohotkey

although node has a lot of system functionality for server programming, I dont consider it to be enough to qualify as a general purpose standard library

Im honestly suprised no one has implemented a standard library for Javascript considering how common it is

Go

sql

PowerShell ISE

The Earth is flat.