Can we please make it punishable by death for any developer to think, for even a second...

Can we please make it punishable by death for any developer to think, for even a second, about not adding an optional dark theme?

Attached: Windows 999.png (2000x1333, 595)

I added a dark theme for an internal-only use "tool" that's just an .html file sitting on a shared network drive used to reference a few things about poorly documented internal tools.

There's no excuse to not have an optional dark theme other than laziness.

Everything should be an overall dark background with light text. No exceptions.

Dark themes are retarded.

-t LCD shill
darker themes prolong battery life on OLED

I agree because it’s easy and some people like those themes. Personally I’m back to the light backgrounds I’m sick of edgy dark themes

Dark theme's easier on the eyes at late hours for sure. Imagine if all terminal windows had an unchangeable light theme.

It's probably 1% savings, if anything at all.

I'd say they better put up a standard dark color pallette first, it's annoying that nearly every app that has a dark theme has a different background shade.

Yeah they should be mandatory and the default

How about making the applications use your global theme?

Shut up

I mean sure if you want to have suboptimal reading experiences. Not everyone is a subhuman, though.

Or at least have the dark theme as the default theme.

no fuck your emo shit I'm already depressed enough

Black themes are for BLACKED soyboys. Like, seriously, it's only ever been a meme since mid 2010s. (well with the exception of h4x0r rices, these are from the 90s). They read worse, books IRL are black on white for a reason. There are studies showing that light backgrounds are indeed better.

Attached: best color scheme.gif (1024x768, 63K)

>books IRL are black on white for a reason
because it’s cheaper this way, less ink used

Paper receive light
Screen produce light
That's why dark theme are better on screen.

>wants a black theme
Lmao

visit blacked.com for more info

btfo

>black themes are good
No, just know
Humans are not nocturnal animals, light themes are natural
Dark text on light background
That's how books are printed, letters are written, paintings are painted, letters are engraved, caves are painted, etc
Yes, I use a whitish text on black background terminal and I feel a little filthy
I blame DOS and Window for teaching me that this is the correct way
But I do all my programming and writting on Vim with light background or an IDE with a light theme
Darcula can fuck off, as can solarized dark
Use light themes everywhere

t. applefag

>I'm an edgy shitlord who thinks, everything must be black and dark.
OP - 2018

I feel similarly about JavaScript developers. May they meet a swift and terrible end.
Or at least get decent language standards that aren't syntactic hacks upon hacks upon hacks.

The only problem is that they make the bright themes on some applications so fucking shit you can't even read the text properly ie. Grey font on a white background