install gnome
>have to deal with stinky feet
>have to install 30 addons just to get your desktop icons
>can't set mouse settings besides one fucking bar
>massive titlebars that take up all your screens
>makes your computer run hot and stomps all over your memory
>makes your computer smell bad

install kde
>get a nice traditional desktop that's fully functional by default, but you can change any setting you want ootb
>get cute wallpapers
>makes your computer smell minty fresh

I think the difference is clear folks

Attached: 2018-04-07-211103_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computing_mascots
blog.broulik.de/2018/03/gtk-global-menu/
store.kde.org/p/1221562/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to fuck Konqui, the KDE mascot!!

Attached: Konqi_pose_collection_by_Tyson_Tan.png (3125x3125, 2.32M)

Install mate
>never worry about stupid shit again

>install KDE
>crashes

Konqi!!!

Why freetards are some sort of zoophiles, penguins, dragons, fucking gnus...

install xfce

>>have to install 30 addons just to get your desktop icons
Wrong, there isn't even an extension for that yet.

>Install OpenSUSE with KDE
>No crash, 430 mb of ram
What the fuck I am doing wrong?

KYS

Probably your math, without a calculator.

This, I had to write my own WM on top of GNOME just to get desktop icons. Took eight months, has seven memory leaks, and after six hours I segfault and kernel panic ensues.

Calculator is included into OpenSUSE. As default thing

kek you're right
Why the fuck do people even use this garbage

>Why the fuck do people even use this garbage
I blame Debian. They started this shit show.

G is for Goodness, what IS that thing?
N is for No thumbs while file-picking!
O is for Out with the features you use,
M is for Memory footprint too huge!
(And speaking of footprint, that logo? No way!)
E is for Eww; what else can I say?!

K is for KDE, polished and clean,
O is for On my computer machine!
N is for Nothing is gone from your features,
Q is for Qt, your toolkit and creatures!
Thanks to all that (and some more!) you see,
I is for I LOVE YOU, KDE!!!!!

=====

"GNOME poem" and "Konqi poem" CC BY-SA nonfree.pizza (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
Art CC BY-SA Tyson Tan
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.

Attached: 1510673143977.png (3125x4420, 865K)

The fuck are you on about?
They were the first distro to throw a shitfit when the first versions of gnome 3 were literally unusable garbage and switced to xfces as their default desktop for like 2 years.

Systemd.

Oh boy
There's nothing wrong with systemd and there's a million alternatives if it pisses you off so much

KDE's quality control is a shit show.

Attached: krita-4.0.png (1140x697, 82K)

No need to get sore,mate,I'm not saying it was your poor decision.

Konqi is NOT for lewds!

Attached: Mascot_konqi-support-document.png (3508x3686, 1.02M)

why are you even using Krita?

are you a sjw who draws furries?

Honestly, I was on the "GNOME sucks, KDE is the best" train for a while. But then I started to think for myself instead of just lapping up the GNOME hate. I started reading up about the GNOME philosophy and history, especially on Allan Day's blog. I had an epiphany. I saw the light.

GNOME is actually great. Yes, it has its issues, but so does KDE and everything else. None of the existing DEs are perfect. But GNOME is honestly the best there is. It's the standard Linux desktop for a reason. What KDE has over it are more features and customization, and better performance. But GNOME has a polished, user-friendly design. It's aeshetic, it's uncluttered, it's easy to understand and operate. They do actual user testing to see what makes sense to users and what works. KDE is a clusterfuck of menus and options all over the god damn place, and no sane defaults. It takes hours of going through all the settings to get it to work right.

I've honestly really come to appreciate and respect the GNOME guys for what they do. I still respect KDE as well, but I've switched to GNOME and am enjoying it a lot. It just looks and works great out of the box, or maybe with a couple of extensions to fix things up. It really is a much nicer and more polished experience than KDE.

Attached: 1503184392027.jpg (2680x1508, 226K)

Plus GNOME has the best Wayland support by far, and is more stable than KDE. KDE is a buggy, crashy mess, and barely functions at all on Wayland.

I do like how KDE follows standards and traditions, and the global/titlebar menu thing. But I also like how GNOME is innovating and isn't afraid to change things up and tell people to fuck off if there's a better way. Headerbars are actually really nice now that I've given them a chance, especially considering that a Unity HUD like feature is still possible with them (see the GNOME Plotinus extension). Firefox can even be styled with headerbars using userChrome.css, and it looks awesome and fits right in. I love it.

Attached: firefox-gnome-theme.png (1474x394, 119K)

>KDE is a buggy, crashy mess, and barely functions at all on Wayland.
Not true at all for recent versions.

is this pasta? haven't seen it before

this might be bait but after using kde for a while on opensuse then migrating to >arch, I've tried gnome and mate, and while mate is a solid option, I can't get away from kde's goodness. gnome really is unusable for me, though.

holy shit, that does look good, though. I wish I could get something like that on kde.

it gets annoying after a while

gnome vs kde is such a shit debate; theyre both the same fucking thing with some minor differences in appearance.

have installed i3wm and haven't looked back - so much better than the other shit out there and its not even hard to use. after 15 minutes u can use it fine.

being a strong supporter of window buttons, I missed the Windows Firefox because the Windows buttons are aligned with the tabs. it really brothers me that I need another 7px for just a close/minimize button. specially in my 768p gaymer vostro.

It's not about Gnome vs KDE.

It really is about Qt vs GTK.

Qt is way better.

Use a window manager you tool also feet are pretty hot

kde fags buttdevastated and bankrupt

Attached: 820.jpg (550x336, 44K)

I'd rather lose 7px than be forced to hover over tabs and text labels to read long page titles (and to add insult to injury, GNOME suppresses tool tips, unlike KDE).

Seriously, Windows 95 had it figured out in the 90s. The titlebar displays the title, so you can quickly glance over the window and know what they are on about.

>>have to deal with stinky feet
stopped reading there. Enjoy your bloated DE

I like having my task manager as a dock and panel on the top, so that the menu is on the panel(and, if possible, the title) but it's really hard to integrate that on kde bc every single program that I use uses gtk, so it doesnt work properly. thinking of installing firefox opensuse so that it works. yes I like gay sx design, but using latte dock has been so comfy

Supposedly, KDE's global menu will integrate better with GTK+, it may be worth a look when they release it

GNOME shows that in the top bar next to the activities button. You can still see the tab title.

HP/4gigs ram/zsh = lolz

JESUS
FUCKING
CHRIST
YOU
FAGGOTS

Just use whatever WM/DE you like.

I like Gnome for my netbook, KDE for my desktop.

It doesn't have to be this way, stop tearing each other apart. Just use/contribute to what you like!

Welcome to Jow Forums. Enjoy your stay.

shhhh. user we're all miserable and we feel better when we push our extremely strong opinions on other people.

CHOICES
ARE
NOT
BINARY

>It doesn't have to be this way, stop tearing each other apart.
Fuck you I do what I want.

>install KDE
>crashes
You're not even trying. At least that incessant shitposting about the calculator was somewhat entertaining.

>They do actual user testing to see what makes sense to users and what works
Oh, really? Is that why they couldn't implement a proper file picker for 14 years? Surely more than one user wanted that feature. What about the continuous removal of other features?

>Is that why they couldn't implement a proper file picker for 14 years?
God I hate Gnome so much.

Attached: 1499438310506.png (760x839, 733K)

install gnome
>slow animation when switching between desktops on that stupid fucking mission control looking thing, hasn't been fixed for years
>tweak tool doesn't have a setting for the top panel font
>it requires a better file manager because every fucking gnome branded program is too simplistic and lacks options (at this rate Windows 10 "apps" are going to have more functionality, I swear to god)
>oh yeah, the titlebars
>have to install a fucking browser extension to look for plugins, of which many don't work all that well

install kde
>get a file manager that has everything I could ever need
>have most plugins or whatever the fuck already available there
>can have a working global menu if I wanted that kinda thing
>is getting less wasteful and more stable, fucking XFCE seems bloated now in comparison
>...but it still does crash a bit and I need to disable triple buffering

>stinky feet
Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me

Attached: 1512932081041.jpg (2610x1860, 375K)

I prefer Cinnamon.

Attached: 1432614082514.gif (300x200, 1.15M)

ass implants are fucking REVOLTING

I don't even give a shit, I need a source for that

Those aren't ass implants vir/g/in

>Those aren't ass implants vir/g/in
You've never seen nor touched a real ass

Sounds like you are projecting. Those are natty buttcheeks

KDE is great, but suck af because of bugs and freezes some people experience at times.
Gnome treats users like children is not as customizable as it should be. Installing themes remind of my W7 and userstyle themes. lmao.

I would say i3 is the best linux/environment right now.

these are better options than KDE or GNOME

>perfection

Attached: mahbloat.jpg (662x132, 38K)

Switched to KDE because of freezes on GNOME. Seriosly, wtf? Haven't experienced a single freeze on KDE so far, it also works better.

lol

Why can't mascots be serious and cool?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computing_mascots
They're all goofy cute creatures
Need more masculine mascots like based GNU

Attached: 246px-Heckert_GNU_white.svg.png (246x240, 15K)

Fucking amazing

On 5.13 release, it seems:

blog.broulik.de/2018/03/gtk-global-menu/

I had this issue when I was on proprietary nvidia drivers. Moved to the integrated Intel chip for graphics and it's smooth as butter and no issues on KDE.

looks like garbage
I don't like my computer looking like a fucking ipad

just get a tiling WM and be done with it.
DE's are for children

My nigga

Kde crashed on me too muxh about a year ago. How much better is it now? I just use cinnamon now

on debian buster and it doesn't crash at all now

But can you make that clock smaller?

Yes

yep

Attached: d.png (993x664, 298K)

Nope, you can't, not without an extension. KDE is just as fucking retarded as GNOME. If you want a good DE just install fucking XFCE or MATE. Or use OpenBox or 2bwm like a normal person.

but you literally can just by right clicking?

Mi negro.

You literally can't.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-08 10-44-44.png (802x618, 111K)

change the font style you monkey
Also add the date

install xfce
>works

stop using that shitty digital clock

Attached: f.png (993x664, 340K)

KCalc. And it comes with openSUSE KDE setup

Window decoration theme?

You can change the font, but not the font size. Are KDEfags shilling this hard, or are they just retarded?
>dont use gnome goy, install kde, you don't need plugins
>install this plugin to have a normal fucking clock

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-08 10-57-18.png (789x599, 126K)

just change the bar size then dummy.

Based konqiposter

Attached: 1521990782138.png (558x891, 128K)

>want to change clock size in KDE
>have to make entire bar too small, clock is still porportionally way too large
KDE users can't be this retarded, can they?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-08 11-01-38.png (959x711, 446K)

ITT: This is why Windows owns the desktop.

you're also using a retarded resolution in your VM, the clock looks fine in the OP pic

It's not too large, it takes as much vertical space as every other item in the bar.

store.kde.org/p/1221562/

>you don't need plugins
noone said that

Then explain this (picrelated)

Attached: 1461423784724.png (728x555, 160K)

Delete this.

Attached: croppedImage_1503686555482.png (323x282, 34K)

Anyone who thinks looks fine is an absolute retard, is this really what is considered acceptable graphic design in KDE?
At a closer to "normal" resolution, the clock is still yuge and gay as fuck. Are you an old boomer that needs his glasses to see a normal sized clock?
Literally KDE has nothing to offer over GNOME then. At least GNOME has consistent UI design, wayland support, and isn't full of retarded bugs that make it crash all the time. I hate GNOME and I would rather use it over this piece of shit.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-08 11-06-28.png (1749x1036, 1.06M)

Thanks lad. Reminds me of aero with full window borders.

Delet this.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-4-8 Why using Tweener for animations .png (639x965, 95K)

>mfw my clock feels good and informative

Attached: Screenshot_20180408_122226.png (435x187, 8K)

install LXQt

>I blame Debian. They started this shit show.
GNOME is being developed and paid by redhat, I think

>stop using that shitty digital clock
Now you sound like a gnome dev.

>GNOME philosophy and history
from wikipedia:
>GNOME was started on August 15[38] 1997 by Miguel de Icaza [...]
Miguel de Icaza is a sell out...