Best rolling release distro?

Best rolling release distro?

I have Debian stable right now, and I want more recent packages to be quite honest. Should I move on to Debian testing? Maybe Arch? I don't mind a learning curve if it means I can have full control.

Attached: 07a940a6a7d1f7d72de62be0a7dbc96ed3ceab1423827a6fd296107a3e35a0ac.jpg (1024x923, 162K)

Gentoo.

Debian testing? Maybe Arch? Hell, even Ubuntu LTS would be an uprade to newer packages.

I installed Arch using the Antergos live ISO. Ez-Pz compared to fucking with Arch's official ISO. Just dd the minimal Antergos ISO into a flash drive and open up a terminal and follow Arch's installation instructions.

Arch is really not that hard to use. Maybe the hardest part you'd experience is installing it, and that is not really tough if you've played around with Linux for a while.

fedora

You what now? You used the Antergos ISO and still did the install by terminal instead of using Cnchi?

Well, I wouldn't mind doing a terminal install and all that, especially since I want to minimize bloat. Is Antergos worth it or should I go completely fresh install?

I used it to install Arch. It has Arch's mirrors AFAIK and it gave me a legit Arch system.

Antergos is fine as well. If you go with Antergos, you can choose to go with a minimal system in the graphical installer. I merely used the live ISO+terminal to install Arch.

Gentoo.

crux

Just use backports for whichever package you care about having a more recent version of. (I bet there's not more than five or six, if you're being honest with yourself) Rolling-release distros are for making things easier on the developers at the expense of making things harder for you.

>meme distro
not OP

bump for interest

Gentoo
e
n
t
o
o

openSUSE Tumbleweed

>meme distro
I've had less problems with gentoo than with arch

Came to say this.

Arch's packages are each individually bloated

>debian testing
wow, you're a retard

Debian unstable.
Don't be fooled by the name, it's far more stable than Arch and if you do ever need support the community doesn't consist of teenagers who get bullied at school either

what is the best trolling release distro?

Attached: Tumbleweed-mix.png (546x231, 13K)

Void Linux

Attached: neofetch2018_0.png (1366x768, 170K)

This

These

Arch

this meme is growing on me tbqhwyf

this

>debian stable
use fucking testing you dipshit. stable is for servers. are you using stable on a fucking desktop?

Once you get your gentoo install working and stable, it will remain so for a long time with minimal maintenance. I use it on my desktop and arch on my laptop, but am seriously considering just using it for both.

I can see using it on a powerful desktop as compiling probably wouldn't take that long but on a laptop? Sounds like you're asking for trouble.

not him but I am, precisely because I don't want to deal with the bullshit I'd have to on a rolling distro. Having a system that needs little-to-no ongoing maintenance is just as desirable on a desktop as it is on a server. What's so goddamned urgent that you need bleeding-edge shit? I'd wager money that if I switched your kernel out for 4.9 LTS you'd never notice unless your package manager or screenfetch told you it wasn't 4.16.

It would be time consuming, however the idea is that after the initial installation and setup you wouldn't need to rapidly download packages, and you could simply let updates run overnight.