Have you noticed that every motherboard is black now?

Attached: 1371756126998.jpg (1396x888, 257K)

>full atx board
>only two ram slots
>only one pci-e
>only four usb
No wonder abit went bust.

the fuck you complaining about honky? racist ass bitch.

Attached: blazing_saddles_wilder.jpg (274x203, 16K)

Rip abit

>>Jow Forums

It is p4 era, when PCI-E was video exclusive... sort of

It's a core 2/DDR2 motherboard but with a really early chipset that did support a Pentium 4 so yeah I guess you can say the Pentium 4 was still relevant

Attached: P4I945GCtek.jpg (500x500, 52K)

I didn't knew that 478 socket mobo can be equipped with PCE-E...

and DDR2...

it's ASRock though, it's probably shit

>it's ASRock though, it's probably shit
nice meme

today I'd buy ASRock instead of Kikebyte/ASS-US shit, but in the past they made very low-quality boards that were unstable as fuck

by the way you must be 18 or older to post on Jow Forums

ASRock was an Asus sub-company back then. Now it is Pegatron.
And I don't remember any problems with ASRock, at least Intel ones.
I saw DDR2 mobos back then, but I don't remember PCI-e.
Well, in those days chipset on mobo was responsible for memory and pci-e/agp I thing.

Are you racist by any chance?

I know VIA made a Pentium 4 chipset that had PCIE and DDR1.
This Asrock board really is just a 775 board with a 478 socket as early core 2 chipsets supported the the repackaged Pentium 4 that used the 775 socket and all Asrock did was allow you to used the older 478 P4s on that early chipset.
The memory controller I want to say is also on the chipset so it was never like P4s where stuck with DDR1

(and that's a good thing)

Maybe I was incredibly lucky but in the past decade my Assrock shitboards I bought never made me any problems.
The newest one is from 2012, has seen 3 CPUs in its life, several HDDs, maxed out ram to 32GB, is still one of my main systems and working perfectly fine.
Or maybe it's because I bought the $120 Asrock and not the $30 ones people usually buy when choosing this brand

well, a $30 board is going to be shit no matter the brand

go back to your containment board.

Attached: 1521176803566.jpg (682x731, 74K)

Actually not. It depends only on capacitors, chipset and that's it, since they all use reference design for layout.
I had 30$ low-end asus (asus p5kpl-am) board with 'solid-state' caps (actually idk what it means), but it still works fine.
Sure, it is not as good for OC, since it has no radiators on VRM's mosfets, but it works fine at stock voltages.

It's more than caps and chipset, the quality of other components, the engineering and level of quality control can play a factor on how reliable a motherboard can be and on a bottom of the barrel motherboard lord knows what corners are cut

in my experience, it's asus that cuts the most corners in the low end. desu I haven't and would never buy their overpriced, gaymur-themed high-end boards

>the quality of other components
Like what? Transistors are usually OK, other chips don't fail. Chipsets don't fail as well. Main concern is caps, since it the most known thing to fail in those things.
>the engineering
Nobody really designs motherboards now, but chipset/cpu manufacturer. They all use included reference design. They just add small things like audio, bios rom, and thats probably it (just look on all G31 boards, they are quite same layout). And nobody does manual routing, since 1000 pins on chipset, 1000 pins on CPU... Just too much.
> and level of quality control
This actually matters, since some chicks still can't into soldering.
One thing is for sure, buying unlocked -K series CPU and buying 30$ is just retarded, since you can't OC it. Buying cheap board from normal manufacturer and middle-end CPU is, well, normal. All pre builds are made like that.
Probably, but it works, kinda no problems.

No, why would I notice something like that?

I've forgotten what color my own motherboard was.

Who gives a shit anymore.

Attached: 1427431832887.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

MSI makes some white boards

Attached: 13-144-046-V01[1].jpg (640x480, 46K)

I don't really have a problem with that. Not a fan of green, blue or angry-fruit-salad.

Attached: sage_gvnh73lqzn4bzt8g_setting_000_1_90_end_1800.jpg (1800x1800, 710K)

MSI is also fucking garbage.

A black motherboard signifies that it's a strong, able bodied, alpha black man with a robust genital. Whitebois can't compete and got extinct. Survival of the fittest, OP.

see

>angry-fruit-salad

angry-fruit-salad a best.

A BEST

Attached: fist_on_table.png (542x386, 119K)

Because black is always superior to white soyboys

Where are all the green mainboards? In servers?

Computer down at the office is using an Asrock N68C-GS FX (Nvidia Geforce 7025/chipset) Athlon II X4 640, 2*4gb DDR3 and a GT 640.

As long as you don't try to overclock it runs rock solid...

BLACK MAAAAAN
IN A WHITE MAAAN TOWN
HE'S GOTTT TROUUUUUBLE

BLACKED

I have an m5a97 evo r2.0 which is grey with so much bright blue on it you can barely even see the grey.