Post your questions here

>for GNU/Linux related Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump

Attached: 1501037649973.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skyrc.com/MC3000_Charger,
rabb.it/
youtube.com/watch?v=3DR9fAQuOK8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaGhWN2cvUY
techdeal.club
thesun.co.uk/news/5998850/crooks-use-legal-google-app-to-steal-your-card-details/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can I use an external model as a reference in autocad inventor? I'm trying to make sure all the screw holes line up and that everything fits together.

I have developed a repetitive strain injury from so many years of typing on my computer and clicking my mouse.
How can I keep using my computer and inputting stuff without my hands?

Use a pen for input and voice for text

Pen still hurt my hand unfortunately, I am going to give a handicapped webcam mouse a try.
And I hadn't considered voice, thanks for the tip.

Would a kind user mind confirming if my Firefox install is fucked, or if a chink website is bad? I'm trying to download software for my 18650 charger, the 1.13 firmware and 1.04 monitor from skyrc.com/MC3000_Charger, and it's throwing up

C:\Users\MYNAME~1\AppData\Local\Temp\fwCV_Yqj.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Attached: 8.jpg (777x464, 106K)

>18650 charger
i cant find that but can download the firmware no prob

I was able to install Fedora on my laptop. After a fresh install, I will get a black screen for the login. I can enter my password and then it will launch into my DE just fine without an issue. Once I updated my packages and installed nvidia drivers I can’t even login by entering my password blindly, have you guys ran into this issue before?

How do I remove the menubar in Libreoffice?

I tried Tools>Options>Libreoffice>View>Icons in menus>Hide
nothing changed.

Attached: menubar.png (1366x57, 8K)

Right on, thanks. Guess I gotta figure that out.

Where can I set up a private stream so me and my friends can watch movies without being bothered?

Attached: 1515450729902.png (1200x800, 2.01M)

Try edge or something, that's always my goto solution if having probs like that.

rabb.it/ might work for that.

Scratch that. I was logging in using my root password. Fuck me.

The movies we wanna see aren't on netflix and rabbit can only play mp4 files, tho.

One of you make a Plex server and stream it on Rabbit.

I made a Yandex account that I never got to use before they froze my account. The site says it thinks I got hacked but I don't buy it. I think they're just wanting me to add in a phone number to add into their botnet, which I can't do because I don't even have a phone. Could this be the case, and where can I get a non-botnet email for srz bzn?

Does a nosql database make sense for making a fantasy sports website? I've already built it with mysql and my current design requires a few joins but formatting the data to fit the table is a huge pain in the ass.

If I buy a brand new power bank or laptop battery, will never "activating" (trying to use it or trying to charge it) keep it in a locked down state in which it never discharges or degrades?

I mean, is there going to be any difference in battery health in using a battery for 3 hours (once) and then charging to full again (once) and then using it later after 3 months COMPARED to just leaving it never used and then use it 3 months later.

Is it possible to plug an external hard drive into an android phone and access it from the android UI? I don't want to get up from the couch rn

Tried that once, HDD started rattling.
I think a phone hasn't got enough juice to power an HDD

oh man I didn't consider the power draw, I guess there goes that idea.
The cells in the batteries will still be slowly degrading whether you use it or not I think. You may want to google the type of battery technology in the power bank and read all the labels and certifications on the bank itself.

I have a presentation on Blockchain next week but I'm beginning to doubt my knowledge.

I was trying to download the Bitcoin-core database but it's too fucking big and "Blockchain.info" was getting real fucking nosy with its questions (asking for SSN????).

What are some other ways I can learn with a real blockchain without giving out too much information?

What do you guys use to clean a greasy mouse and keyboard?

Is Isopropyl Alcohol safe to use for this?

that is okay for small messes, specially grease. if its really in need do alcohol then use distilled water. (distilled doesn't conduct electricity) and leaves no smears or residue of half wiped away grease and sugar

I needed to change my external (public) IP address. I found a way to do this by changing the MAC address of my router from 'auto' to 'use computer MAC address'... this effectively changed my IP.

Is there a downside to this, security wise? Only thing is there may be a small chance that my ISP finds out and gets mad. Not too worried about that. More worried about if it would make me less safer, or vulnerable.

Adding onto this, I have PPPoE connection, and I don't think I have a dynamic IP. My IP doesn't change when i unplug my router.

Yes. Use pure isopropyl alcohol. It'll dissolve grease really effectively and not damage plastics.

Dettol disinfectant diluted in boiling hot water from the kettle.
I use a new kitchen sponge and dunk that into the water+disinfectant, wring it out thoroughly and go over not just my mouse and keyboard, but my entire desk, controllers, my chair, the buttons and the computer case itself. Like said you gotta use some sort of water to really get the sebum off your stuff.

Don't use disinfectants on your screens or touchpads, it will fuck them up big time.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DR9fAQuOK8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaGhWN2cvUY

What to use for screens then?

Not trying to be a dick, but google it and do some research on it, I'm not sure myself.

How do I get traffic to my shitty website techdeal.club

So what was that "facebook data leak" that happened less then month ago?

Can just some random user download all my personal data that facebook has/had?

i always think about employees at tech companies as random anons

really should make us think

So, i was fixing a laptop i had trashed in my closet (Classic old HP G4 AMD laptop).
Still this was the problem, a SMD capacitor was oxidated as fuck, so rubbing isopropyl alcohol to remove the oxidated green stuff used to fix it, but doing it now removed the capacitor, now it boots just fine, should i be worried about this? what would a missing capacitor affect?

There is usually multiple capacitators that do the same thing, and their purpose is to replace each other in case one of them gets fucked.
If you are lucky, you just removed one of them.

BTW it is an old shit laptop anyway, if it breaks then just throw it out.

The laptop was just a old sunday night project because bbq with friends got cancelled thanks to rain.
I use it for pieces for fixing other laptops so i cant trow it away.
If that is it well, the laptop is doomed to die eventually anyway since its a planned obsolescence model.
It works again so i will transform it into a secondary Linux laptop since it doesn't have a HDD or a mSATA slot.

Good OP.

[spoiler]SCUUUUUM GAAAAAANG[/spoiler]

Attached: day69.jpg (1280x1280, 331K)

I have a T420 I'm not going to use for quite some time.

What's the best way to store the battery to preserve it's life? I mean, level of charge, plugged/unplugged?

Thanks.

Attached: tumblr_p3ln5qL3Bl1wni6p9o1_1280.gif (558x360, 1.62M)

Fully charged, take the battery out and store separately in case of leaks/expansion.

Hey Jow Forums how is this possible? I thought rfid died out, and went to chips in the card rather than doing contactless payments? or is it just the UK doing that?
>thesun.co.uk/news/5998850/crooks-use-legal-google-app-to-steal-your-card-details/

GNU/Linux noob here. Asking this again
Is there any way to use polybar on xubuntu? Im unable to find a way to find it/install it
Getdeb leads nowhere and the apt-get command doesnt work either
Any help? Sorry for retarded question

Attached: 722x1280.jpeg.0683b113b8a444e79e63bb8f593c48f4.jpg (542x960, 50K)

Is it safe to eat food with insects on it?

What's the joke behind this image?

Attached: 197.png (300x100, 6K)

Definitely still around, probably just britbongs

>Getdeb leads nowhere
What happens when you try?

Are the insects cooked?

When i click the "Install Now button" it ask me to open the link with an aplication, which I open with the package manager.
Package manager than says "Sorry, this did not work"
"no file_to_app results to show

What version of Xubuntu?

16.04 LTS

Attached: 1519994599282.png (500x500, 38K)

HOW THE FUCK DO I TAKE SCREENSHOTS WITH SOFT SUBS ON MPC FUCKING HC??

Attached: [Erai-raws] Darling in the FranXX - 01 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_20.27_[2018.04.05_11. (1920x1080, 117K)

Install CCCP, save image, done.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 13 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.12_[2018.04.08_01.44.54].png (1280x720, 737K)

Thanks

save image=3mb screenshot
i already did it also, and the image saved was without subs, and it fucked me up the file association for ever

Save as png instead save as jpg.
JPG is not for screenshots, the filesize will be huge, its meant for photos.
Are you using CCCP or MPC alone?
>I dont know
Uninstall both and install CCCP.

Is there any difference between W10 ltsb and W7 (both debotneted) in regards to spying?

W7 doesn't include telemetry.
W10 LTSB does.

Im using stock CCCP 64 bit, nothing changed and it can detect subs if you use the take image button.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.14_[2018.04.08_01.52.43].png (1280x720, 939K)

1803 actually lets you view and disable all telemetry in the settings and even has a special group policy for it.
now if it actually disables it I don't know.

Sorry a normie question, but software does Jow Forums recommend for ripping Blu rays and Music?
I'm setting up a plex server.

Not cooked like just random insecsts that fly/crawl in before I can eat it

There is no 1803 LTSB, only 1607, it will be included in LTSC release which will be next year.

Depends on your renderer I think. madVR captures subtitles with the image

seconded

you must have taste for cancer

What happens if an encrypted drive starts to fail? Does the encryption make it impossible to recover the data?

my cpu does this thing where the 4th core is abnormally "cold" compared to the rest.
im using a h60 2018 with a noctua F12 pwm, auto voltage but on x45 multiplier.
something is clearly abnormal - my cryorig h7 before this was actually cooler than this fucking liquid cooler and i dont know what is wrong...

is the thermal paste that comes on these really this bad? i ordered arctic silver 5 a minute ago so i hope at least some of it gets resolved with that

Attached: chrome_2018-04-08_03-59-48.png (892x501, 40K)

Alright, I'll use 7 for now and upgrade to LTSC next year if it looks good.
Thanks!

Under idle loads its kind of normal.
4th core is rarely used.

Also water cooling is bad and expensive in general, its meant for small cases where you can put a big heatsink such as ITX and mATX cases.
Also yes the paste that comes with it is just cheap paste.

Windows 7 does include telemetry if you use Windows Update.

just installed
still no screenshots

Attached: madvr.png (964x725, 49K)

Hmm, it could be your subtitle renderer then. Could try install xy-vsfilter or something

Is there any benefit to having my 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz networks separate? My router has an option to unify them in a single SSID and I've been using it.

trying to do it right now

How do I get some burner number to use for Twitter that isn't blacklisted? It's so shady that it's required now, I made an acc years ago and it was optional, now I want to make a new one and it's busting my balls about phones.

I have a wireless headset, it asks for 900mAh, 1.2v batteries (2 of them).
I've currently got 2x 500mAh 1.2v, and they work fine, the headset just doesn't last as long as it says it should, which I can understand.
Would it be safe to assume that I could put over 900mAh batteries in it without problems? Would it just take a lot longer to charge, and in turn last longer?
It's just storage, right? So long as it has the correct voltage?

Ok it fucking works, i can't believe it.
Installed madVR and xyvsfilter, and selected it in the options.
Thank you user

Attached: [Erai-raws] Darling in the FranXX - 13 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_15.42_[2018.04.08_11. (1920x1080, 252K)

settings for anyone interested

Attached: YESSSSS.png (954x718, 44K)

When checking the encrypt device setting on a 5.0.2 Android phone with only internal and no external memory, does it also encrypt the internal sd or just the /data (not /data/media ie where photos and music are stored) and /system partitions?

Attached: 1522559734328.png (408x392, 137K)

By posting it on 4chinz. Oh, wait.

In the most general tech and programming terms

What is batching?

is it possible to duplicate a node with pure html and css, without javascript? maybe some trick with iframes or something?
popular on imageboards are floating post previews if you hover your cursor over a link to some other post and i'd like to try and implement it without javascript
right now i can render the quoted post server side underneath every link and use css so that the element below is visible only if the link is hovered - this actually works pretty nicely to my surprise, but it makes the resulting html really grow in size, because every post's contents exist multiple times in the whole document, this is especially an issue if you disable gzip on your webserver

so given the background, do you think this could be improved somehow? i thought i could reference the original post in an iframe and put these iframes underneath every link, so that the html contains the post's text only once and the others are just referencing it, so the browser does the cloning on client
is it possible to source an iframe element using the document the iframe resides in?

or i could make an endpoint in the server software which would return the html rendering of a single given post and use that as the source for the iframe, so when multiple posts quote the same number, the browser would fetch the quoted post only once for all the iframes (the other requests would be 304 not modified)

I was planning to remove the specific updates that add it

it's doing things in batches, rather than individually one after another
ie. batch converting 100 pngs to jpegs
or a Windows batch (script) file executes a batch of commands automatically so you don't have to type each of them yourself everytime and wait until they complete

Not a thing. Most windows updates aren't offered individually anymore.

no, you can't.
css can't manipulate iframe targets either, so that will not work too unless you have every iframe in your source already and just show/hide it.

hm, if i make an iframe hidden by default, will the browser request the resource straight away or only when the visibility is changed by some css for the first time?

it loads even if not visible.
at least firefox does.

letswatchtogether.com

How do I get veracrypt to make a .zip file for my rescue disk instead of .iso?

What for? What are you trying to do?
It's an iso because it contains boot information which zip can't store.

I was going to try and reproduce the issue in a VM but ate dinner and got lazy
Just compile it, instructions should be in the git

It's okay, but you'll forever be a feral mongrel.

yes, android can access usb hdd's if your phone can into usb otg and you have enough power
you can solve the power issue by using a battery bank and splitter as in pic-related

Attached: a.png (640x480, 37K)

I want the .zip file so I can just extract it onto a usb to create a bootable usb as my rescue disk instead of having to burn the iso onto a cd.

I know this is possible because when I create a rescue disk with veracrypt on my laptop it creates a .zip file but when I create a rescue disk with veracrypt on my desktop it only creates .iso

Microsoft doesn't put out separate updates anymore, except for a couple here and there. Most only come in the monthly rollup, which includes all updates for the last year or so retroactively, including telemetry. You can't break it apart or uninstall the ones you don't want. It's just one bigass update.

You can manually install security only updates from the windows catalog site or via WSUS Offline, but you have to remember to do that shit every month if you want to stay up to date on security patches. No more help from Windows Update.

Your laptop might run in EFI mode, which can boot from USB devices without any boot records.
If your computer is in BIOS mode, then it needs a boot record on them.
It might be that veracrypt detects this and gives you whatever you need.

You can just extract the iso too if you want and zip it up yourself, but in BIOS mode it will not be bootable unless you set some flags manually.

how come when I'm laying in bed and itch my asshole I always smell my fingers afterwards

Hello my good dudes. Are these instant fan speed spikes legit or fake? They occur randomly, sometimes after an hour of booting computor and sometimes it takes 22 hours.

I can't actually know for sure since my computor is in another room. Polling time is set at 1000ms (down from default 2000ms)

Even though I can't hear my computer, it's still a matter of principle, as the fan curve in my bios is not that retarded as the sudden spike.

K thanmks

Attached: 2018-04-08 12_42_27.png (1080x1920, 155K)

I have a cs assignment to design a program in java using OOP to simulate orders/recipes/menus etc. for a restaurant. I taught myself a lot of stuff but never really learnt the best practices. Is the 'relational model' which you would use in a MYSQL database something I should be using here? i.e. storing all the orders/recipes/menus in lists inside the main class and then each order only stores as a field the integer ID of the menu item they're ordering. Or am I missing the point of OOP and I should be storing direct references to objects?

Attached: 1512890247196.jpg (750x1000, 85K)