SCAM

>tfw it's been 1 year and a half they promised to include chrome web extensions "soon"
>serves it's own ads on mobile you cannot disable it unless you have other adblockers on your device because the option uncheck itself when you're browsing
>uses depreciated add-ons
>shitty UI and unresponsive on computer
>you could use ungoogled chromium instead

This browser is garbage. Shills can and WILL try to defend this shitty software

Attached: SCAM.png (1000x1139, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bromite.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shills can and will keep making Brave threads under the disguise of anti-brave threads so that their friend shills can come in and argue.

This browser is for brainlets who don't know how to set up their own "privacy browser", commonly used on macOS.

Attached: 1517071226477.jpg (419x483, 23K)

Never, ever trust anything that has a business model based on advertising.

Attached: brave is adware.jpg (926x773, 169K)

Pretty much. I recommended it to my Dad, because he's an idiot.

Fuck I didn't think about that I'll admit. But I don't think that people will use a software that is criticized
This

Yes.

Why you didn't set up a "privacy browser" for your dad instead of recommending a shit browser? Was really that hard for you to install uBO and other add-ons in his browser?

He's not his dad's son for nothing

Attached: updated.jpg (1598x2218, 754K)

>serves it's own ads on mobile you cannot disable it unless you have other adblockers on your device because the option uncheck itself when you're browsing
Why do people still think they can get away with saying this?

Never saw a single ad on Brave mobile, never used it on the desktop
But that's not my point, AFAIK they haven't delivered anything functional on their ad business, like at all, not even a prototype, they aren't selling ads and the BAT token is basically dead

If I can't root the phone due to being under lease, how do I kill ads on an S7?

>mfw installed Brave
>go on a well known torrent site
>click on torrent i want to dl
>clickjacked to quadrillion different:
>FUCK LOCAL SLUTS
>BUY THIS NEW PRODUCT
>CLICK HERE TO X
>close said ad sites
>click on random empty space on that torrent siet
>ads again
>uninstall

10/10 browser

IceCat support the same extension of Firefox? If yes i'm installing it rn

You can use uBlock origin

Because it's true?
Brave just replaces ads on the web with its own (((acceptable ads))) and steals the revenue

Attached: BraveAdware.jpg (1080x1071, 165K)

Remember, with Brave you are the product. Your browsing history is being (((anonymized))) and sold "to maximise advertiser value"

Attached: BraveMaximiseAdvertiser.jpg (1080x924, 121K)

they say that as if all ads aren't bad ads

Why use this isn't Firefox still valuable?

Its deprecated not depreciated..

If you specifically opt in. I used Brave on default settings for months and never saw a single ad.

Uhhh, I use brave, a lot. What should I use ?
Every chromium build I try is outdated or abandoned

Attached: Screenshot_20180408-152212.png (1080x1920, 109K)

wow, this Chromium seems to be pretty good. They advertise it as "tremendously buggy".

Attached: kekd.jpg (883x216, 29K)

Yes it is. Firefox is better

Nothing. There's no good browser on pajeet OS. use safari

>he actually installed that botnet
Dude, it was a joke.

>congregate with multiple advert agencies
>somehow they "invest" into a "foss" "privacy" based browser with no monetization
>investors of said ad-agencies willing to spend money on a gamble

Clearly these specific agencies are going to want their piece of the pie.
They have leverage over the project and that's unsettling.

There's a list of approved advertisers meaning you as a average website owner aren't allowed to avertise on Braves platform until you paid..

Right now it's not so compelling but if Brave ever gets substantial users it will entice more advertisers to the platform increasing the price of entry on the list.

It feels very fragile and unpredictable.
What happens if Brave flops on it's user base and never hits it's main goals?
Will all of the ad-agencies/firms pull out of their funding?

They clearly have everything invested into their meta-data backed crypto currency which verifies individual users are seeing a advert and not bypassing it with adblockers.
(That's the reasoning for their private implementation for the block chain)
It's a network for the advertisers to have their ads verified by individual viewers.

This goes against their claims of privacy because by design it's required to identify unique users to verify that type of action.

still no webm support but still beats chrome

this

Kek

Alright, I'm sick of using Chrome what's the best alternative browser?

So what the fuck do I use on android then? Last time I checked Ublock origin did fuck all on mobile even if it was installed.

Stop lying

>not building chromium yourself with all the media decoders enabled, DRM disabled, and botnet removed
I thought I was on Jow Forums

Please build me a windows working version I can't do it on my own

I would need to actually have a build server running Windows to do that. Not that I would even if I did.

I see. Thanks anyway I think I'll do it myself................

The only correct answer

bromite.org/

Attached: android-icon-192x192.png (192x192, 15K)

The "I don't know how to add extensions to FF and turn off config options" browser.

>built-in adblocker
I really wish they would stop doing this unless it is ublock origin and has all of the same features

there are 3 options "ARM, ARM64 and x86"
which should I choose running Win10 64bit, unironic question, I'm a brainlet

The fuck? Why wasn't I aware of such a thing? Thank you very much I'll try it

>nu Jow Forums

>falling for obivious bait

nah that wasnt bait, I really dont know, I'm a /lit/ /p/ and /ck/ browser but I have no idea of computer programs (except for word, excel and photoshop)

Oh, okay. You can't download it on Windows for the simple reason this software was made for Android smartphones. It's an apk file. So unless you download Bluestacks or Nox you won't be able to run the app, and there's no point since you're on a computer anyway

LOL I'm even more retarded than I thought I was.
thanks.

Brave user here. I use it because it just werks and easy to setup. What should I use instead? Is there a good botnet-free Chromium?

Attached: IMG_20180407_033816.jpg (404x302, 30K)

You're welcome, for once that I can help someone instead of shitposting mindlessly
Since you're on Windows and probably interested on using something else than Chrome try Firefox or ungoogled chromium. Those are the only good options

Attached: bonorainlet.png (195x251, 39K)

what's wrong with qutebrowser?

Liru posters not allowed

Okay listen here faggot. Have you ever gone awoo? Have you ever petted a cute wolf girl with whiskers? No, you know why? Because you're a faggot. Faggot faggot faggot faggot!

Attached: IMG_20180219_194012.jpg (637x907, 96K)

Like little girls; complaining about ad blockers. [Meanwhile crawls with backstabbing two faced poojeets and chrome memes] You need a vacation neopoo

Step 1) Worry about what browser you use to the point of being an aspie about it.
Step 2) Go on the internet where having your data go through Google's servers is literally unavoidable.

Kek.

Better then literally all your data being collected. Its damn near impossible to use the internet without giving up some privacy. The point is to limit the data gathered.
Brave is shit for privacy btw

Kek

They're planning to switch over to proper Chromium instead of using their Electron fork. When done, that'll give them more stability and full extension support. It kind of sucks though because I actually liked their UI, but now they're giving up and becoming just another Chrome clone like Opera, etc. Basically Brave is just going to turn into a Chrome extension.

There isn't really any perfect browser, but after using Brave a lot before I think I'm settling back into Firefox now. It's slower and less stable than Chrome, but it does have cool extensions like Tree Style Tab, it has auto scrolling on Linux, it has better font rendering, and it has userChrome.css (pic related). I just wish I could merge uBlock, uMatrix, Cookie Auto Delete, etc. into one nice shield UI like Brave has.

Attached: firefox-gnome-theme.png (1474x394, 119K)

>Icecat
>last update 5mo ago
It's abandonware

kek

Lot of samefagging goin on
Sad!

I use it on mobile cuz it allows me to disable scripts and it's fast enough
Plus I have adaway so no ads regardless.

You've got to be kidding me...

What a nice coincidence, I'm the poster you quoted. It was a shitty bait
If the message itself wasn't enough just look at the filename. It can't be more obivious

Remember that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
This place is full of retards who will believe anything.

>firefox actually catches up to chrome and speed and resource usage
>people go out of their way to re-cripple their browsing experience instead of just finding new extensions or using vivaldi
wew lads enjoy your extension memory leaks