What technology is the Bitcoin of 2010 in 2018?

What technology is the Bitcoin of 2010 in 2018?

Attached: 1522476170248.jpg (841x1051, 191K)

and i don't mean "what blockmeme-type" i mean what is cool/unknown

Bitcoin

Fake news

reichcoin

ur asking for virtual internet money 2.0?

dont think anybody is in a rush to invent a new bitcoin m8.

ur fucked, bitcoin was 1 time thing but big.

I like to think graphics cards were the bitcoins of 2010.

>2010: Graphic card
>2016: Bitcoin
>2018: Ethereum and/or the Linux Desktop

Internet of things
self driving cars
augmented reality
programs that give you what you want before you even know it (a la Amazon)
supply chain improvements
food delivery

And all these will most likely be interacting with the blockmeme. Sorry.

I dont understand how a tech board can not realize the block chain is one of the biggest inventions of the past 2 decades

>What technology is the Bitcoin of 2010 in 2018?
Decred, I think.
It's the next logical step from Bitcoin, and it's only like $50 now.

Bitcoin is a decentralized p2p network of nodes but the centralization still exists in the form of mining centralization (Bitmain anyone?) and the decision-making process of the programmers (power of Blockstream, the private company that pays Bitcoin devs). This means that the power is divided ultimately between one private company, and Chinese miners... most people are unaware of this and just repeat their "HODL" mantra, deluded by idiocy like "Bitcoin is governed my math LOL!"

Decred is a bunch of Bitcoin devs who left Bitcoin when they realized how centralized the development process was (they were very hostile to an implementation of bitcoin in Go, called btcd). The programmers of btcd (this is the same software Lightning Network uses btw.) - got disillusioned by Bitcoin's centralization and created Decred.

Decred has a hybrid PoW/PoS system, in practice it means that stakeholders (people who own coins) have the power. You can vote on issues with your coins. No, this is not the Bernie Sanders of crypto. Because the more coins you have, the more voting power you have (naturally: more skin in the game, more say). - No, a single person does not control 51% coins because this is impossible, as Decred is PoW mined and wasn't instamined like Ripple.

So Decred doesn't suffer from the centralization threat because if that happens, the stakeholders can simply vote to change algo. Or when post quantum crypto is needed.

So it will keep evolving with time, based on what the stakeholders want.

There's many other things ,such as that a small % of mined DCR go to a dev subsidy, so devs are paid directly from that and don't need to seek outside funding like in Bitcoin's case.

There's already 40 million dollars I think? That DCR dev subsidy accumulated, and that money will be given to dev projects that are VOTED UPON.

If you're not joking then you're truly a retarded subhuman piece of shit, pajeet.

Why do you Indians buy into fads so easily. "Blockchain" is not the next big thing, in fact it's a simple concept with extremely limited applications and isn't worth a shit outside of ponzi coins.

It operates similarly to many (much older) existing network protocols. After reading the whitepapers I'm surprised no one had actually thought to create it sooner.

stay retarded

Attached: vitalik.jpg (851x883, 42K)

kill yourself pajeet.

gentoo

>tfw I actively filtered the coin craze years ago on Jow Forums
>tfw I instead spent my time shitposting on the desktop threads instead
>"well, this crypto stuff is just a ponzy scheme anyway"
>"what if I buy crypto now and the market bubble explodes all of a sudden?"
>the current year is 2018
>I am a no coiner but at least I have a nice riced openbox setup.

Attached: 1520492656558.png (640x480, 717K)

Mate have you seen the price of bitcoin? It went down like 80% in 3 months, feels good to be a nocoiner.

BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

XDAG (DAGGER)
It's my favorte crypto currency, it's the only minable & fee-less DAGchain crypto.

On the one hand I don't relate to pink wojaks when the price drop. On the other hand I kind of regret not to have give it a try back then.
I guess I didn't win anything but I didn't lose anything either.

This.

See request network.

Attached: 1522962003054.jpg (568x552, 96K)

Things before you want it? How does that work

I would tongue her anus. Well and often.

developing the new facebook