Windows XP end of support anniversary

Today marks four years since Microsoft dropped support for Windows XP. With 4.59% of desktop users still using it, XP is not going away despite Mozilla discontinuing Firefox for it in a few months.

Are you still using XP? In a virtual machine or real hardware. I recently installed XP on an Ivy Bridge laptop and got full driver support for it.

Attached: xpanniversary.png (296x305, 69K)

one more year until they pull the plug on POSReady
I still haven't found anything I like as much.

I think Ivy Bridge was the last supported chipset.

>I still haven't found anything I like as much.
Stop being such a nostalgic faggot, XP was shit when it came out in 2001 and it's still shit today.

When will kids stop talking about this piece of shit and move on to something more modern? It had a memorable design, yes, but as an operating system it was complete garbage

POSReady still has support.
I use it in a VM for oddball things and random Windows needs. Plus it's free now since it's no longer discontinued.

Can confirm, Haswell and everything along with it doesn't have XP drivers.

I use XP x64 for Pentium T2330 laptop (remote access terminal), shit's so lightweight that it restores from hibernation in 4 seconds with shitass HDD (+post time).

5%? More like 50%. Third world still doesn't know about Windows 7.

>this fuckin guy
i guess you never used vista you absolute garbage human

I literally downloaded xp 5 minutes ago. I haven't installed windows in a decade so I don't know how will it play along on x240, that is if I will manage to put it on usb.

Attached: 1520964852376.jpg (540x537, 90K)

>With 4.59% of desktop users still using it, XP is not going away

Attached: c4a.jpg (238x192, 12K)

I did, it was less of clusterfuck on release than XP. Too bad developers did the same thing like with W2k.
>Boss we need to release a patch for our software so it works on the new Windows release
>No

Well, that and the fact that people were trying Vista on a hardware they bought with Windows 98.

China and Brazil are huge.

I moved to Vista pretty quickly, fuck XP - ridiculously insecure piece of shit.

now count XP machines which not visit jewbook and other count servers such as ATM, scientific/corporate machines, CNC, PC for fun/time kill, etc.

Are you still gonna say that when it drops below 1% soon, like previous versions?

Why would anyone install Windows XP on that anyway? I want to believe people use XP on nothing more modern than a Core 2 Duo. Modern software doesn't work under Windows XP anyway so you would not need that much hardware.

Yeah, it's four and a half times the size of the entire Linux market. Despite attempts to exterminate freetards, it's not going away either.

Beats me. Probably nostalgia factor or just pure autism.

XP was and is the best version of windows.

Win2k.

Attached: 1517238139974.jpg (250x250, 38K)

>No spectre and meltdown fix
>Still supported

my mom's computer sill using xp

Literally almost all of that 4.59% is china

Third world doesn't know dial-up, so they can't count them

While you're not wrong that it was shit when it came out, SP2 made it rock fucking solid... amusing you were not a knuckle dragger and installed sketchy shit on it.

I tried windows 7 once, it was terrible.
It feels like a toy for kids with all the shit hidden from you, newer versions are even worse.

Vista was DOA.

99% marketing, 1% actual OS issues.

There's a reason Windows 7 is considered Vista SP3 amongst non-normies.

I've got it dual booted with deb deb, pham.