Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums

do you ever feel like this?

After liking tech/games/pcs for years, do you feel you are now almost disgusted by it? Is it adulthood or is it because of the ubiquitous botnets?

Attached: dog.jpg (300x330, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wolf.flatrock.org.nz/wolf_den/Opinions_Articles/definitely_a_healthy_individual.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Honestly I just grew out of video games.
And nobody ever messages me, so being distracted by my phone is not an issue.

so deep

Attached: these systems are failing.webm (480x270, 2.94M)

I still like the old games, but I have a 4000 € 1080 Ti rig here and no idea what to do with it. The new games are shit, no deep and intense stories, only microtransactions.

just the phones and social networks. i'm disgusted by i keep using them, the same happens with masturbation

in pre-2000 movies no one uses a cellphone, and in romantic movies or other kind the characters just spend time together and i imagine how shit would this be if someone pulled a phone
it sounds pretty dumb whe i write it, just like but in new romantic movies there no cellphones, or just very little of them, because the writers would need to worry about chararacters checking their phones often like real people do, but also because their ideal fictional world, people don't use phones often, and audiences don't want to see that stuff

i don't think phones and social media killed romantic relationships lol, and i don't think phones and social are useless, desu i enjoy them
but just imagine movies like
>to the wonder
>badlands
>chungking express
>fallen angels
>drive
>call me by your name
>paterson
>punch drunk love
>blue valentine
and make the characters worry about phones and social media, like normal people do

I fantasize about leaving and selling all my belongings and go live far away with no electronics, sounds comfy in my head desu

And people laugh at me because I don't have a smartphone or don't care about them. They look at me as if I'm weird.
But I would say mostly because of botnets I'm starting to hate modern tech.

>why do roasties always pick chad
>and why are racist drumpf supporters always bullying women
>DAE think Kim Kardashian is gross?
lmfao

With the botnets, everyone wanted them. That is what everyone has forgotten.

Since the 1950's society has been dreaming of stuff that predicts what you want, automates tasks for you, etc.

Now that it is here, everyone realizes it's a huge invasion of their privacy. You reap what you sow.

>that webm is from a Moby music video
>Moby actually describes HIMSELF as a soyboy
>17 fucking years ago

wolf.flatrock.org.nz/wolf_den/Opinions_Articles/definitely_a_healthy_individual.htm

Attached: soy_boy2.jpg (750x517, 34K)

just turn the internet off you dumbfucks

Attached: download.png (211x239, 5K)

Take the Moore Pill.

Attached: moorepc.jpg (184x234, 15K)

I think's it's a combination of both + the fact that the internet suck these days.

Attached: Side Effects-261791644.webm (648x324, 2.73M)

That and the new games feel like rehashings of games I already played 10-15-20 years ago. I think theres some pretty interesting developments in 3D though.

I haven't played a game that wasn't in DOSBox or a 16bit console emulator for years. What's weird though is "my time" is Playstation and N64, yet I never play them at all, nor PS2-era.

I guess they just don't make them like they used to.

There's no botnet in Plan 9 land.

No one thought that
>stuff that predicts what you want, automates tasks for you
would be a botnet and actively used against us.
They didn't think ever, they just wanted a magic wand.

>ubiquitous botnets?
This, mostly. I resent the amount of trouble I have to go to because of ad companies and governments. I used to also spend a lot of time resenting how software was so dumbed-down and designed to have only the things a retard would need to make it go, but then I switched to Linux. Now I occasionally resent having to solve arcane problems, but I resent that a lot less than the computer not even bothering giving me the information I need to do that.

But aside from that, no, I don't feel any desire to go live innawoods without electricity or internet access or the like. I don't want to get rid of technology, I want the things about that technology that cause me problems to be fixed.

used to, but then figured it was just me shackling myself to services.
once i curated what i cared about with rss feeds/bookmarks/whatever, i've been feeling just fine.
did finally start down the weeb path even though i resisted it in the 10+ years i've been lurking in the site, most of my time has been just catching up on shit.

Been going to nature a lot lately. Today's hike I didn't even have the "1x" cell phone service so I was totally free from distraction.

Pic is the places I've hiked so far this year.

Attached: Screenshot_20180408-200027_GPX Viewer PRO.jpg (2220x1080, 655K)

No i'm a brainless neet, what else am i going to spend my infinite indoor free time on

botnet, definitely.

that animation truly does highlight the most disgusting parts of society. The superficiality, self-contentedness (narcissism of high self esteem, and narcissism of depression), speaking of, suicide has become an event. Everyone is disjointed from reality, unaware of hazards behind their plastic screen, life has become another reaction image, another joke, virtue has become a mockery and men have become slaves to their machines.

We need to fight against this.

This isn't a new problem either, the cynics for the longest time have always criticized the superficiality and self-centered bullshit of many a society when it reaches it breaking point. Diogenes we need you. :^(

Attached: Diogenes_looking_for_a_man.jpg (290x220, 15K)

maybe the same reason why people in sillicon valley limit the time their children use cellphones, tablets and so on .

is bad for your brain.

Of course, it's not the tech - it's what you're using it for.

>Diogenes we need you. :^(
There are plenty of people like him today, but no one cares. And if anyone did care, he would just go to jail for being a creep. Gynocentrism has made all of us slaves to the most primitive and vulgar of female social values, with the only hope of redemption hinging upon convincing the majority of men to stop caring about being acceptable to women. Hell, even that wouldn't fix anything since the majority of voters are women. Things are just going to get worse until modern society collapses or we're all displaced by ultra-conservative jihadis who haven't pussy-whipped themselves into slavish mental retardation. It's either walk the line between beta whiteknight and creepy weirdo or join a tribe of backwater holybook thumpers. I honestly think this is the worst generation of humans to have ever existed.

The disgust should lie in blogger/youtuber tech soy boy types and retarded normie consumers who throw away freedoms for convenience.

Yeah, at times I am. Seeing people completely addicted to their ipads and phones is what disgusts me the most.

i don't give a flying fuck about your schizophrenic fear of 'botnets', kill yourself

>nothing to say
>still says something

ok

I still like tech. I just hate what normies have done with it.

I have never felt restricted by the ever overbearing botnet in the same way that the botnet has never taken away my ability to buy pizza from the store and force me to starve

Attached: 1472479725646[1].png (1280x720, 1.04M)

moby is a gun grabbing drug addicted faggot and deserves to be shot in the back of his neck

> The new games are shit, no deep and intense stories, only microtransactions.

get out of your echo-chamber 'only retro iz gud'

i'm not playing games myself, I just don't have the time and enthusiasm to dive into the new games but man nowadays there are so many good and great games out there, releasing every month, for everyones taste - you just have to find the ones you like

Not quite. I do think spending large sums of money on hardware just to play video games is a bit childish though. I was called out by one of my buddies for buying a T470 because "It's over $1000 and can't even play games."

Technology isn't to blame.
People have always been this way

Attached: taaf8f1f34de2_WkHHpZ1.jpg (1024x714, 163K)

So what's your argument against smartphones here? Is it that computing should only be done at home? In that case, do you own any laptops? Do they have proprietary binary blobs?

>read the newspaper
>get to the last page and then put it down until next week

>scroll through some bullshit on my phone
>every app has infinite scrolling and tries to rape your brain into never leaving

>phones R BAD
>other NORMIES USE 2 MUCH!!!!!!!!
>GRRR APPOL AND ANDROID
wow user, how self aware... at least try and make an argument about what you think is inhibiting... screaming about how bad you perceive a technology to be without actually substantiating why you think it is bad is still retarded shitposting

This. I think a lot of us are stuck chasing some rabbit of an experience that was only a good experience because of the context in which it occurred many years ago (i.e. it was the best possible experience available at that time and your brain wasnt aware of any better).

You need to re-evaluate what is fun for you today. For me, I found that I do not enjoy single player experiences anymore. This is because i spent the last decade of my life working my ass off for reasonable success at my job and have become essentially "addicted" to the positive outcomes of hard work which involves other humans. Single player games are not "hard" to me in the way that they used to be a decade ago. I don't feel the same degree of stakes/risk/stress involved, and as a result "winning" the game feels hollow. The second you involve a human opponent, there are real stakes and your brain begins to operate in a completely different mode.

What feels more fun and real to you:
>Acquiring 100/100 arbitrary achievement shekel units in assassins creed
>Winning a PUBG match while working actively with a 4 man squad

Even really stupid and casual "competitive" experiences are fun to me, simply because a human is driving the other end and its an unexpected outcome every time. Starcraft II arcade would be dead today if this were not the case for most people.

Think very hard about the events leading up to your positive and happy experiences. You will probably find most involved some work and potential conflict. This discovery is very bad news for SJW types who think everyone can be a winner. In order for the winner to win and have a good time, someone else has to lose and have a bad time. Such is nature and the sooner you embrace it and learn the ways of manipulating it, the happier you will be.

a happy wageslave.

>every app has infinite scrolling and tries to rape your brain into never leaving

this is it. Before television, art and print weren't fighting to get and keep your attention except for advertising, which didn't move. Now not just our labor, as it has been since industrialism, but even our leisure moves at a feverish tempo.

(now I just gotta wait for the dopamine rush from those (you)s HNNNGGGGG)

u ok?

Not a wage slave. Understanding the value of hard work and appreciating the joy it can bring makes me more free than most.
I can walk away from my job today and for the next several years without financial worry. I do not operate on anyone's terms but by own. I worked very hard for a decade to build enough wealth to realize this degree of financial independence. I enjoy my work.

Attached: 1920px-Czech-2013-Theresienstadt-Arbeit_Macht_Frei_(detail).jpg (1920x1442, 606K)

No, it is the tech, the tech isn't neutral, of course if your just use your computer just to read long articles and books it is another story, but after reading my comment you are going to open another thread about poo in the loo, and read a infographic about how many 1% a cpu is better than another, and read about a lot of more stuff that is useless and another good chunk that could be useful but in reality you will forget and that will make it harder for you to remember what really matters.

Yeah. I think I got old.

Time for pasta

>When I grew up a neighborhood was not just an array of isolated houses on a subdivided plot.
>When I grew up it was normal for children to wander the neighborhood, cut across lawns, visit friends, explore the woods, go swimming in a pond, for hours on end, from morning until dusk.
>When I grew up, there were no "free range" children because allowing children the opportunity to be unsupervised, to explore, play, have fun, and, sometimes get injured was the norm
>When I grew up I would bike between neighborhoods to visit friends past on a dirt easement, or walk to the county park on busy roads.
>When I grew up, during the winter, we would all go to "sled run", a hill that you arrived at by walking to the end of the cul-de-sac, through a neighbor's property, and down a wooded trail. It was steep and it was dangerous, but it was fun.
>When I grew up the authorities did not bother themselves with regulating sledding and lemonade stands.
>When I grew up, if a child was injured while sledding parents did not sue.
>When I grew up teens had part time jobs and kids had unpaid chores.
>When I grew up, I made smoke grenades, with sulphur, iron filings, and gunpowder, on the driveway without the neighbors calling the police.
>When I grew up lawn darts were a thing.
>When I grew up, there were no cell phones. When I left the house, I disappeared.
>When I grew up, parents did not worry about keeping their children on a leash.
>When I grew up, I knew that when it became dusk, it was time for me to start heading home or I would be in "big trouble"
>When I grew up, people were more civil.
>When I grew up a .22 was a boy's right of passage on his 12th birthday.
>When I grew up, there were no school shootings.
>When I grew up, the police had white cars and blue uniforms, not black cruisers, MRAP's, and ski-masks.
>When I grew up, the neighborhood was full of children.
>When I grew up, people were optimistic about the future.
>There was trust when I grew up.

>i spent the last decade of my life working my ass off for reasonable success at my job and have become essentially "addicted" to the positive outcomes of hard work which involves other humans
Lucky bastard. I tried that - albeit for much less than a decade, a few years or so -and it wasn't rewarding at all. Just the opposite.

>do you ever feel like this?
No

>After liking tech/games/pcs for years, do you feel you are now almost disgusted by it?
No

There's still hope, user. Read the bible, stock up on supplies, and bide your time until the sun brings the digital age to extinction with an earth-bullseye CME.

>and then the Jews ruined literally all of those things

>We've traded our humanity for convenience.
>We aren't humans anymore.
>We don't live human lives.
>We don't have human relationships.
>We don't build families.
>We are slaves to screens

Yes. Technologies are almost botnet in these days.

Nobody cares, Moby. Nobody.