Be microsoft

>be microsoft
>create some editor for laughs
>dominate all other editors in 2 years
how can vim and other gnu plus freetard shit compete?

Attached: file.png (770x512, 73K)

Vim > VS code by far

>electron
Dropped

people who make the comparison are completely fucking inbred

>t. neet hobbyists who never worked a day in his life
some people enjoy editors that work out of the box

Pretty bloated and cluttered for a text editor, desu. Microsoft has this amazing ability to take even the simplest concepts and fill them with a million menus and buttons that most people won't even use 95% of. You could get lost in Microsoft menus!

Wow, this shilling is sad today. You guys are even shilling ęðğė.

Must be because VSC is made entirely by their Swiss division, there's no poo-in-loo code in it.

>professional developers don’t use vim because you can configure it
The absolute state of Jow Forums

vsc before it was vsc was pretty disgusting
they probably left it to die as a couple sane devs said 'hey we actually have something here, let's take it out of the fucking browser'

you can literally run vim inside VSCode, there is no reason why not use VSCode.

>you can literally run vim inside VSCode
With 500ms lag between keypresses.

How the hell can you manage to make a text editor use hundreds of mb of ram and fucking lag when entering text?

all the M$ build tools has now CLI support I use vim and work with VS code teams without using their shit there is no competition just retards uses what they get instead that what they want or feel comfortable.

There is no reason to do so though

By being employed

It has the same style command palette as sublime

GNO.
Get a fucking job, and Im not talking about McJobs

Why is this the go-to argument of the micro$hill? What can you do in vscode that you can't do in vim?

subl is better in every way.

I haven't tried this yet. Any reason to use it over Sublime Text?

Does that editor run in terminals and via ssh like vim? Thats all i use vim for

Stack overflow "devs" are too retarded for vim/emacs or cracking sublime text. I see n reason to use a memory hog, just to edit some code. It's also community driven, talking about "freetard".

Not defending m$ but who gives a fuck about memory? My work and home pc have 16gigs.

>Built in terminal
>Works on every OS
>Tons of free extensions
>100% customization
>Open source

There is every reason to use over Sublime Text.

Nobody cares, but keep it up user.

As a text editor for more casual users, sublime or notepad ++ launch instantly which is all a lot of people want for some light editing.

VSC and anything electron based takes several seconds when all you wanted to do was quickly change some game's .ini

>VSC and anything electron based takes several seconds
yes on a 5400rpm drive

Have a pretty recent SSD and this is the case.
The window itself loads within a second or two (kinda slow but still okay) but the contents take another 2 seconds or more.

Sublime and anything not electron is just instant.

By not running it on a potato.

casual users want their hand held
sublime and notepad++ don't offer this
changing some game's ini's is literally 70% of built in notepad's usecase for casual users so why would they explicitly go look for something additional to install?

I think Code is simpler than Sublime, it even comes with its own extension manager so I don't have to mess with that shit

This, if you automated some shit with custom .bat files, you're already 99th percentile.

That explains it.
t. someone who has a bias against Switzerland otherwise

It opens large text files and text files with long lines better. For a native editor ST is pretty non-optimised.

It's a text editor lol, it should run on anything

By actually getting people hired.

Attached: 06817631-9BA5-4C76-9632-16959F331704.jpg (400x368, 61K)

It's a source code editor complete with the things you'd expect with that, git integration, debugger, rich extension ecosystem, etc.

git, gdb, and pathogen all run on my toaster

I would use it but I have only 4gb of ram

Attached: make randconfig.jpg (456x320, 41K)

Attached: CB4840A3_01CB_4268_AF96_45E00B52A999.jpg (657x574, 58K)

>dysfunctional UI
Can't be bothered with it

>Open source
Is there a botnet-free and libre version of it? I read somewhere that the official link is proprietary.

Try Omni (vim) editor

I'm sure Microsoft is shilling their open source freeware

>Microshit product
enjoy that censorship user. What if you write a program for a project that your big brother gates decides is not suitable and deletes it? Think it won't happen, huh? Look at Microshit Word and Skype.

Is there any non-Electron equivalent of VS Code? I don't mean shit like Vim, but a proper GUI, with all the same features, folder view, extensions, terminal, etc.

Or otherwise, is there at least some way to make VS Code not have fucking blurry fonts on Linux? It looks great on Windows, but it has shit text rendering on Linux, even when other programs look fine. For some reason fonts are much smaller than the configured font size too.

Nano>Kate>VS>Vim>Emacs

They have menus for editing the menus. After about 5 years I'm getting used to it and now it's pretty comfy. But when you first open it (and you wait 45 seconds for everything to load), the damn thing is totally incomprehensible.

Attached: 2018-04-08 (1).png (653x680, 30K)

Oh never mind, we're talking VS Code, which is still pretty comfy, but nowhere near as bloated as VS proper.

non electron equivalent to vs code? U could try Sublimetext or Cudatext.

For electron equivalent, go to Omni or Atom.

Is GNOME Builder any good? How does that compare to VS Code?

You find that even slightly surprising after the whole extend, embrace, extinguish strategy came to light?
You're either ignorant, stupid, or a shill.

Attached: 1520994431135.jpg (501x585, 108K)

Sublime is better tho

Because vscode doesn't need 1000 plugins before it's usable? Nice try. Vim works great and it's available in nearly every machine.

>vscode doesn't need 1000 plugins before it's usable
true

>be microsoft
>get your ass rammed by borland for several years
>Actually have to come up with a editor that don't suck to keep self afloat
>reach perfection around 1998
>just keep copy pasting it but adding awful new features and bloat to the cicada looking man they created

atom sucks dick. slow as shit, buggy as well

vscode is leagues ahead of atom. it's like photoshop vs gimp

Xcode is better than this piece of shit

Well, I just decided to try Gnome Builder. Holy fuck this is amazing. I just had it written off but it looks great and seems to have a lot of similar features to something like VS Code and Sublime. Did I mention it looks great?

Attached: gnome-builder.png (1542x912, 181K)

I actually have a job so I use vim like a normal person.

looks like a poor man's visual studio code

Looks way better than the blurry mess that is VS Code on Linux, and it has way better performance and RAM usage.

i have one folder open while editing 6 files + the console and it's using 58 MiB without ever slowing down. it's not blurry either. you're doing something wrong or making shit up

Nobody cares about Xcode.

Every time you open a new file type: would you like to download xxxxx from the marketplace?

false
can you do this?
.s/search/replace/g

no cause vscode's vim is fucking cia nigger quality vim
program like a white man and use the real vim

Attached: 1523204701971.jpg (2255x900, 602K)

{
"telemetry.enableCrashReporter": false,
"telemetry.enableTelemetry": false
}

>it's not blurry
Check your eyes.

Holy cow this thread is some actual MS shilling isn't it? There is no way Jow Forums is saying that VS Code is better than good old FREE software

Btw I use atom

The debug tools on VS are quite great.
The compiler, not so much.