Anyone here uses this?

>Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized.
>Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

Attached: ss.png (1365x499, 37K)

Not syncthing, but I do have a personal owncloud server set up. It was reasonably straight forward.

syncthing is comfy
does what it says it does, syncs shit between computers. hell, me and a bud even collaborated on a site with this. just set the scan delay to 10s or so.

yes. I also take tarballs of the shared folders on my backup server as well.

Been using it for years.
It is fucking great.

Would it sync my meme folder between pc and phone on wi-fi only?

i just use onedrive (because i get 1tb there no other reason) and upload have a few cryptomator vaults for personal shit

Of course, you can choose to sync only with wifi.

Attached: Screenshot_20180408-205524.png (768x1280, 49K)

CHECK

Attached: kH4dlg5.webm (488x290, 161K)

>respecting android battery setting is optional on Android

What in the everloving fuck is that bullshit

Yes. It's an amazing tool and I recommend it to anyone asking for a sync service (obviously noone cares and uses google botnet instead)

Attached: Selection_003.png (577x760, 47K)

it kept fucking shit up for me between debian macos and windows t. granted this was a good while ago, also it was a pain in the arse to use on windows because it wouldn't start automatically and would always be on your taskbar which annoyed me, is that still the case?

You can put in in your autostart folder you know? Also the "fucking" up happens because ntfs is fucking shit and you should purge it with windows. You can also change the syncthing configuration to make it work, but it'll probably decrease functionality. The program is not supposed to stay in your taskbar, you access it with your webbrowser

Yea, it's easy and makes sense. Even has staggered versioning and such by default.

What does SyncThing offer over NextCloud? Thinking of switching to these kinds of syncing devices instead of Dropbox.

I use it for phone sync. It works really well and is surprisingly user-friendly.

i have 10 rpi3s with freenet in friend2friend mode
total of 240GB

this but migrated to nextcloud

I don't sync at all. I backup.

even better, use inotify on linux

Syncthing has [staggered / complete] versioning and the option to only "download" updates and so on.

It's a fairly good way to do backups, too.

Syncthing is okay. It has the inherent issues you'd expect the a program written in Go.

>i have 10 rpi3s with freenet in friend2friend mode
why
isn't that slow as fuck

So you can run this thing on your own private server? Is it also on Android?

yes yes

Does what it says bit it uses a fuckton of bandwidth, and the issue I had with it was many many file conflitcts.

That was 3 years ago, maybe it's better now, but I dropped it for OwnCloud, then that with NextCloud.

I really like NextCloud.