RX500X = RX580 +50Mhz?

RX500X = RX580 +50Mhz?

Attached: AMD.png (1268x604, 48K)

People are talking about a 12nm version of Polaris, so maybe slightly better than that. Nothing major though, Radeon needed to put something out this year, and it'll be this and the new smaller Vega models.

The entire AMD lineup is a trainwreck right now.

Radeon is doing pretty bad, yeah. I feel like they were banking on a faster DX12 adoption, maybe even some major AAA titles picking up Vulkan, but for some reason, most new AAA titles are still releasing in DX11 only.
Radeon needs the Ryzen treatment. Bring in people who really know what the fuck they're doing and start from scratch. It's gonna take a few years until they get it right, like it took Ryzen, but they need it to remain competitive.

It really doesn't help that Nvidia keeps pulling shit on them either, GameWorks, GPP, I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting game devs to work with DX11 instead of 12 until they can get an architecture that can handle DX12 better. Obviously that doesn't excuse AMD doing poorly, Nvidia is simply better. But it doesn't help either.

>2880SP
>40ROP
>5GE
>1450Mhz

>new smaller Vega models
tell me more

>Bring in people who really know what the fuck they're doing
They did, he left for Intel.

>from scratch
HAHAHAHAHAHA

AMD has not once actually cared about GPU. They just had some harebrained scheme to use GPUs to replace the FPU in CPUs with MUH HSA, a total and utter failure.

If it wasn't for cryptomining, Polaris would be considered a great bargain for gaymurs.
The problem with the AMD lineup is that it's too good at mining.

>Radeon needs the Ryzen treatment. Bring in people who really know what the fuck they're doing and start from scratch. It's gonna take a few years until they get it right, like it took Ryzen, but they need it to remain competitive.
Uhh Ryzen still gets BTFO by intel in the same way Radeon gets BTFO by nvidia. 8700k is literally the Ryzen killer. It doesn't matter what AMD releases, intel and nvidia always swiftly release new products to crush their products. Or in the case of the 1080ti just sit their and do nothing and let their 2 year old hardware dominate.

>£300 i7
>£230 R7

>Similar performance

>BTFO

i arent think so

The 8700k trounces anything ryzen has in terms of gaming but anything up to 20%. Imagine if Zen+ had 20% improvement over Zen, Jow Forums would be collectively orgasming.

Guys, at least you can tell RX500X wasn't running in some bitcoin mining facility.

Tell me when Intel stops telling people to overclock when their temps get too high right outside the box

Memes and Ryzen shitposting aside, do you really think 8700 would be a better option over the 1700? I'm looking to upgrade and can't decide between memezen or jewtel.

>implying amd wasnt just sitting on these in a massive warehouse mining away making billions

>Vega 56 is bad because it costs too much and isn't power efficient
>nobody cares that it's more powerful than the Nvidia equivalent
>Ryzen is bad because it's not as powerful as the Intel equivalent
>nobody cares that it's cheaper and more power efficient
Daily reminder that any given standard only matters when it makes AMD look bad.

Ryzen 12nm is like a week away and should be a straight upgrade to current lineup in every regard. Although AMD isn't exactly reliable with their launch dates lately.

at least they're rebrandeoning with a sensible name, or not even trying to fool anyone.
I just wish AMD got their naming schemes more unique, it just adds to confusion as things are.
RX 680 or whatever comes next will be as bad as the chipsets are now. I''m absolutely certain that air headed normies are buying the wrong motherboards and wondering why the fuck their 300 series motherboard has an lga socket, or vice-versa -- fpga.

>pajeet knows what hes doing

Attached: CPOO.jpg (709x520, 76K)

>trounces
5 extra fps (@720p)
meanwhile Ryzen REALLY trounces corelets at productivity tasks.

Well the Vega 56 beats it's competition of 1070. The Vega 64 beats the 1080. But the 1080 ti is untouched. Which segments we are comparing matters, because for the mid level graphics cards, Vega 56 stomps Nvidia. But I'm talking top of the line which not everyone is interested in. But at the top level, it seems like AMD is struggling. AMD is better for budget and mid level tiers.

Probably another speedbump to fellate OEMs and their refresh cycles since they don't have shekels to tape out 5 Vega dies at once.

Raja's fault.
Rebrandeon needs to end.

Attached: Raja-Koduri.jpg (400x600, 169K)

AMD was rebaging Pitcarn waaaaaaaaaaaay before RTG was formed.
They don't simply have shekels to tape out 5-6 dies per uArch.
Their current Zen lineup is literally TWO dies.

Nvidia used to rebrand (sorry """refresh""") their chips every other generation too. They only stopped doing that very recently.

>They only stopped doing that very recently.
The lowest end MX110/130 parts are still Maxwell.
They all do that, it all exists to fellate OEMs, really.
But that doesn't mean AMD wouldn't tape out like 5 Vega dies for an entire lineup (2 with HBM2, 3 with G6) if they had the money.

>RX500X = RX580 +50Mhz?
I wonder why the first Polaris refresh got a new number (4xx -> 5xx) but the second refresh doesn't (5xx -> 5xxX)...

The first refresh was just a small clock bump, the second refresh will be the same. Same with Ryzen refresh actually.

Ryzen Refresh brings lower latencies all around (L3$ and IMC).
This will be a simple clock bump.

>tfw running on a RX480 bought at launch price
Feeling /comfy/ for probably some extra 3 or 4 years.

mfw Intel and Nvidia fags unironically want AMD to die so we can have i3 and GTX XX50 starting at $1,000.

Attached: ryan_reynolds_confused.gif (320x173, 1.85M)

You can't beat the intel and nvidia jews user. Now cough up your shekels and be happy that you had the opportunity to be taken from behind by your masters.

Attached: 1522781535891.jpg (1920x2160, 2.1M)

The $50 saved getting a 1700 can be put towards a higher tier video card, which will make drastically higher difference than the Intel processor will. Really though, wait a week or two for Zen 2.

>Intel
>jews
More like bunch of braindamaged pajeets led by probably worst CEO since Hector Ruiz.

>tfw running on a RX480 bought at launch price
>Feeling /comfy/ for probably some extra 3 or 4 years.

Mine was £179 used in January 2017, just as the first mining bubble collapsed. Pretty much top rated edition so SRP was like £270 at the time.

V-Vega is doing pretty b-bad guys.

Attached: Panorama.jpg (1596x1293, 455K)

Cherry pick...

Yah no shit vega 56 and vega 64 are competitive against their rivals. It's just that AMD has no answer to the 1080 Ti

>That top .5% of buyers sure is important.

So rx500x is a rebrand of rx500 a rebrand rx400? :^)

Your point?

Wow it can hold it's own against a process that came out in May 2016

stuttering shit for sure

Attached: 1520711135174.gif (200x270, 1.09M)