Is home automation a meme?

Is home automation a meme?

Attached: Smart-Home.jpg (500x334, 137K)

yes

Attached: DW0vLosWAAAcdWw.jpg:large.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Is that a man?

impossible

Attached: DGk4c7vXoAIN8et.jpg (675x1200, 109K)

Perfect butt.
You need a lot of raspberry pi and ipads to switch on/off leds

Those hips haven't see much if any testosterone exposure when her bones were formed.

can also make switchs instead of ipads, or some app to use from computer/tablet/cellphone

Attached: DF56TdOXcAEifHr.jpg (675x1200, 77K)

If the mainstream media hypes a technology, like eCars lately, then it's most likely a meme

The nose ring ruins the whole thing. Makes her look like a pig. Some thots are stupid enough to like that.

dont be jelly of my bb

Attached: DV4F6tbXcAcna1k.jpg:large.jpg (768x1024, 74K)

>tattoos
Jeez, can she get any stupider. Once she's past her 30s those tattoos will look like messy blots of ink on a dry prune skin.

Home automation was a thing long before computers were a thing.
But then we had the bloody Civil War and outlawed the original version.

Depends on what you want to automate. Does something already have or easily could have an electronic control interface? Then you can network it fairly easily/cheaply. But what benefit are you really getting out of it if you're not a DJ throwing impromptu house raves or someone doing some kind of modern haunted house? Most things do not have complicate interfaces that need fancy GUIs.

Home Automation is great at the highest levels, which is where it is super expensive and you pay someone else to do it.

In its current consumer form, it takes a lot of effort, isn't seamless, and overall is a pain. Often something will malfunction and if you don't have time to fix it, it just stays fucked up.

tattoos make her even more perfect -_-

Attached: 11385235_1610481559222357_1392704186_n.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Attached: 1493581182724.jpg (600x445, 55K)

beneficial to live in the US, otherwise you gotta hack stuff together rather than having things off the shelf
i do have trouble with polling from sensors, i'm running two zigbee meshes and sometimes they seem to fuck with each other.

also people conflate smart home/IoT with automation, they are not the same. automation implies it takes care of stuff for you, a lot of IoT does not, it requires human input

Attached: 1459041252981.jpg (879x930, 51K)

should also mention that i can have it because i am single right now. unless your partner loves tech, they'll fucking hate it and ask you to rip it out in a matter of days

sauce

With a woman like that in my house, I wouldn't need home automation.

It's nice if you have it set up right. My one friends parents house have 3 iPads in the living room, kitchen and sun room that can control the lights, thermostat, hot tub, use it as a TV remote, turn the oven on, lock the doors, set the alarm, open the front gate, view the security cameras, etc. I dont see much use if you aren't rich and dont live in a huge house though, since for most people getting up and turning down the thermostat would be quicker

Yes.

insta /mands024/

Attached: 29716753_2044169032468063_2031645506693758976_n.jpg (1080x1350, 105K)

what do you mean by home automation ?
like a toaster with wifi ?

you know exactly what he means, faggot

>nice if you have it set up right
>3 ipads in the living room

kys

I actually have no idea, does he mean the VA waifu that turns on your lights and shit when it senses your phone is close by ?
Or does he mean climate control and shit like that, its very ambiguous; like saying "I want to work in the cloud"

Home Automation is PR speak for "I want malicious fucks to mess with my thermostat while I'm away". It's a fundamentally dumb idea.

It’s not a meme things are already automated ie you set the temperature of your bath water or the heater, open the garage doors, alarms, motion sensors etc. It’s just that more things are going to be automated and they will be able to be accessed though one unique wireless interface.

Same argument could have been used against WiFi you Luddite

Did the adoption of WiFi usher in an era of automation where people relinquished control of their home appliances to automated systems?

>tfw I'll never have a hue gf

Right now it is. But in 15 years people will laugh at you if you manually open the blinds.

I have an air conditioner unit in my room. It only has am IR remote.
I want to use a rpi to control it.
First thing that comes in mind is to buy an IR transducer and reverse engineer the command signals to turn it on or off, change mode or give a temperature set point.
On the other hand this is a very old unit and I'd likely get a new one in 2 or 3 years.
Is there a thermostat standard ? Some normalized protocol to control AC units?

Agreed, slut shrapnel is unattractive.

I've been in mansions with top of the line automation installed, admittedly it is 10 years old now but that shit is constantly breaking and needing sparkys to come out and fix things. I don't have an issue with it, do whatever you want but I'd never put it in.

>Kirby tattoo
Not bad for a slut.

yes

>bugman friend invites me over
>"user check this out"
>"hey google! turn on the dining room lights!"
>....
>"hey google! turn on the DINING ROOM LIGHTS!"
>....
>"I can just go flip the switch man-"
>"NO!"
>"hey google! ....turn on the DINING ROOM LIGHTS!"
>....

Not a meme, but voice controls are 200% meme.

Who is that retarded slut that she needs to tattoo numbers on her fingers to remind herself how many fingers she has? Can't even count either

I hate sluts with fake eyebrows, but atleast she likes kirby

Do you:
A) Live in a >2,000 Sq. Ft house
B) Live in something that costs 3 times what it should going by the same thing in surrounding areas
C) Have physical or mental disabilities that make it difficult to live without assistance

Then no, Home Automation is not a meme, and has been around in one form or another for decades now.
If you don't fit the above requirements, you're just wanking it with any amount of home automation outside of something like an app-controlled AC or a few connected light bulbs for convenience.

At the moment yes
In the future probably not

You're actually an idiot. Obviously I meant there's 1 in each room, even if I structured the sentence poorly

Botnet

>roboter starts vacuuming daily at 7.30 am
feelsgoodman.tga

>spend more time/money setting up the automation than you would have ever spent just doing the thing when you needed it
You tell me?

I agree with u
They will get blurry, although I suppose they mostly aren't TOO detailed so it won't become a mush

It really feels like it right now.

The only way it makes sense is if you keep all the physical knobs and switches that control lights, temperature, locks etc. and make the apps/cloud/smart stuff work on top of that.

It would be a nightmare if you couldn't control any of the base functionality without finding a screen somewhere.