/spg/ - Smartphone General

シュタインズ・ゲート - Hacking to the Gate edition.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Recent News:
>ThePhoneCoat gives your phone an almost-invisible layer of protection
phonearena.com/news/The-PhoneCoat-gives-your-phone-an-invisible-layer-of-protection_id103906

>Snapchat's chronological Stories feed is back for some
phonearena.com/news/Snapchat-has-reinstated-chronological-feeds_id103904

>Support for Vulkan Graphics API 1.1 is coming in Android P
xda-developers.com/vulkan-graphics-api-1-1-android-p/

>[Update: More Devices & Information] The Sony Xperia XZ Premium has a hidden 120Hz screen mode like the Razer Phone
xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-xz-premium-hidden-120hz-screen-mode-razer-phone/

Previous →

Attached: 1512235062733.jpg (851x1414, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weibo.com/5061312402/Gbb7DgV1z
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1660531.html?wid=4
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for a reminder to never buy chinkshit and never fall for the xiaomeme

What SMS app do you guys use?

Is QKSMS still the best option or is there anything else out that worth looking at apart from the stock apps?

yes

Can someone outline the pros and cons of the Redmi 5 Plus (4gb version)? Bloatware, roms, etc.
It’s time to replace my old Z3 Compact and i’ve never owned a proper chinkphone before (not counting an imported rebranded ZTE Blade).

You illiterate or something? sage for cancer

no

kept hearing textra, but it's paid and closed source.
if there is an open source alternative i prefer that most of the time.

I want to buy a phone for my mom.
Something with fingerprint sensor.

I'm looking for something like the Moto E4. Cheap and around the same specs.

Absolute budget phones with scanner

Attached: motorola-moto-e4-3.jpg (513x400, 22K)

The QKSMS creator is working on a completely new version of the app designed for newer phones.

It's all being updated daily on GitHub.

Femanon here

I'd avoid the Redmi 5 Plus. It's already deprecated despite only being a few months old. It was a stop-gap. Go for the Redmi Note 5

Attached: selfie1.jpg (764x1024, 103K)

You're cute-ish but next time don't post you're gender here sweetie.

Is there any real benefit to replacing the stock app? Nothing I've seen has any advantages apart from minor aesthetic tweaks, if that.

Attached: 1520538283711.png (1080x1920, 745K)

Got my mom xiaomi redmi 4x, she's happy.

the fug you talking about?

Apologies. I meant to quote

It's k user. Mainly other apps are used for security reasons and/or features that make life a little easier. Nothing revolutionary though.

>Mi Mix 2S not available in US markets
>OnePlus 6 is only upgrade of 5T with SD845 and a notch, price increase
Looks like I'll have to buy a Samsung yet again.

Then buy a 5T at a reduced price baka.

I can't find any 5Ts for sale. Anywhere I would buy them the price is increased and at that point might as well get the Samshit.

Many 3rd party apps have features that make texting more convenient. The stock apps are often pretty good, but if you want stuff like floating reply windows and such, 3rd party apps can be great.

Just curious, why are changing your phone in the first place? And if you're buying Samturd, which one?

MIUI is a cancer and LineageOS will impact your battery life and camera quality.

give pulse or evolve a try if you have any desire to text with a proper keyboard.
theyre both great sms apps even without the sms from pc features
my trial for pulse never ended but i have no idea if thats normal

I'm currently using the original Samsung J7 (2015 version). It's given me nothing but problems. Some wireless bands are unsupported, camera is dogshit, CPU + RAM is abysmal. no notification LED (have to unlock my phone just to check notifications). I'm going on a trip relatively soon so I wanted a faster phone with a pretty good camera that would last me 4 years.
Getting the S9

What’s the best camera machines?
Never owned a phone with a truly good camera.
My price range is probably upward of $400 but I wouldn’t mind hearing about even better stuff.

Is AOSP any more botnet than LineageOS and how can I uninstall LineageOS and flash AOSP using TWRP?

can get a used starter dslr for that dosh

Sony has the best cameras. Their phones are also really good too.

is there any way to silently deny the storage permission for newer versions of snapchat or apps in general so im not constantly nagged to re-enable them?
specifically on 8.1 with magisk

>tfw want xperia xz1 compact
>tfw verizon

Attached: 97EE5D83-EBC9-4F4A-A66A-28CDBE67CB85.jpg (800x516, 85K)

I checked and Mi Mix 2 is available on gearbest at a decent price (480 bucks). Have you looked a t it?

stop the chinkshill

Is is the Mi Mix 2 or the Mi Mix 2S?

Unironically IPhone X and pixel 2

pixel 2 xl

My bad user I didn't check the S in your OP.

It's all good. Already pulled the trigger on the S9 anyway haha.

Congratz user enjoy your phone, hope you have a better experience with it than the J7

What should I be looking for in a case? Was looking at the otterbox ones but I heard those have a outer plastic shell that is slippery and doesn't take fall damage well. Also is it necessary to get a screen protector for your phone? I thought gorilla glass was supposed to be really tough.

Attached: 1522417788759.png (801x810, 557K)

rate xiaomi's design of this phone

Attached: 005wwKz0gy1fq5kbqn9y4j30j60y376a.jpg (690x1227, 82K)

Where is that pic from?

Someone please design Mi Max 2 version with 835 cpu.

Why the fuck I can't assemble my own perfect phone like desktop pc.

Gorilla Glass protects against impacts but can still scratch,any cheap $5 tempered glass protector will do. Otter box cases are not slippery, at least not to me. But unless you need like full waterproofing or some shit any of the cheap $10 ones on Amazon will do. I like Spigen cases myself.

What gorilla glass does redmi note 5 have?

hey guys what do you think about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus)? I've never used a chinkphone before and I'm afraid they might explode on my face

wait for the redmi note 5

weibo.com/5061312402/Gbb7DgV1z

Isn't this their nintendo switch killer?

Nexus 5 is so good, I bought it twice.

My fist one was a little beaten up and was missing a box, so I decided to replace it with a new one while they were still on sale in the end of 2015 (managed to find the last one in a sealed box in my city). Still using it, currently with LineageOS.

you mean the redmi note 6?

It's literally the same model you disgusting manchild. Not even funny.
2/10 made me reply.
Aslo tits or GTFO, as usual.

MIUI at least won't pull stupid and childish late April fools pranks on me. AOSP or bust.

GSMArena says "unspecified version".
Really makes you think.
Not that I'm complaining, it's without a single scratch so far.

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1660531.html?wid=4

I think we need to put in the OP the whole recapitulatory of the Redmi 5 versions, especially with the Indian ones because every thread has someone confused

Man, those fucking Chinese links are ridiculous to visit. Thanks for the source, though.

In any case, the Redmi 5 Plus, or Note 5, whatever you call it, is a damn fine phone.
The real deprecated model should me the Mi A1, its hissing issue is too serious to be neglected.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php

I smell that femanon post was bait, youknowhatimsayin'

Whats the consensus on the Note8?
Im planning on buying one soon, and Im coming from being with iPhone for the past 4 years.

what is this hissing thing?

Google it. The headphone jack on the Mi A1 hisses terribly with low-impedance earbuds or headphones, and it's quite noticeable even at low volume. That alone made me discard it in favor of the Redmeme 5 Plus, which does not have this issue.
I find it astonishing that Jow Forums shilled it to death when such a glaring issue was present. I'll probably remove it in the next pastebin.

Would fug you hard every night :3

also got one. no major cons so far.

You like dick? :3

Just got myself a samsung galaxy s9+ yesterday, what's some apps I should download right away?

clover
PUBG Mobile

is an S8 worth getting for 499€ in 2018 ? or should i look for alternatives?

>see some flip phones I want
>would have to import from japan or china

Not that it's a bad thing but Softbank flip phones don't come unlocked so I'd have to find an (ebay) seller who sells them unlocked

Vainglory, Modern Combat: Verses

tachiyomi

>second week of redmi note 4
>want to install lineage OS in order to install AdAway and not having to give permissions for everything and end up deleting important files that the phone thought were garbage.
>have to say goodbye to the interface and theme changing shit
I really liked it, the interface of pajeet os is the same as the phones that I was using many years and was driving me insane with how boring it is. I don't want a fucking drawer.
You can change everything with launchers, right?

Attached: chimp.jpg (498x397, 22K)

where can I buy phones that support the cdma frequency? when I look on amazon none of the phones support the frequency. I dont want to buy from my provider because they overcharge for the same phones. Any help would be appreciated.

Why doesn't afwall not work with magisk root.

>why does afwall work

Should I buy the S9 or S9+?

Any Ausfags recommend best place to buy outright or buy on a plan? Telstra is overpriced as shit

What case should I buy?

Attached: scooch_galaxy_s9-720x720.jpg (720x480, 23K)

About to pull the trigger on a mi mix 2 since the 2s doesn't seem to bring much more to the table. Am I doing good? Are people running custom ROMs on it? Which if yes?

Did I get the wrong model or are all LG V20s resampling things to 48khz? It seems even playing 44.1Khz audio gets converted to this. I got a T-Mobile variant by the way H918t.

Femanon here
Get the MiA1 instead.

Attached: file.png (93x125, 24K)

I just got the S9+. It might be the damn screen protector but right now, the shit works when it feels like it. I tap and 50% of the time, I need to try it 2-3 times to make it register. And since these phones are all about tapping and scrolling, it's really annoying. Thankfully I don't use the phone too much since I kinda weaned myself off mobile games. I would hold off on BOTH of these models because apparently it's a widespread issue.

But if we ignored this: I went for the + because of the bigger battery. Money wasn't a concern though.

kurisu a shit.

It's a great phone if you don't use the front camera, if not the best. I've had mine for about 6 months now.

Don't listen to , SD626 fucking sucks

might have to return it user, not 100% if it is a software issue or not, but i've seen a bunch of reports of the same thing

I have 2 weeks to replace it.

Is there anything better than Nexus Launcher in your guys' opinion? I don't think I've ever really been disappointed in it but I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

>cunt
US
>carrier
ATT or Verizon
>features
dunno
>budget
200-300ish
>size
I like them big, but beggars cant be choosers.

does the redmi 5 plus have bending problems? I'm afraid it will be too tight in my pocket

i doubt the veracity and lack of homosexuality of the "dont charge overnight" statement, currently have a fucking 1st gen moto g lte that i have charged overnight for literal 3+ years and battery is just as good as when i got it

Does anyone here ACTUALLY own a Xiaomeme phone?? Specifically Redmeme 5 Plus or Mi A1 since they get shilled so much? How good are Xiaomi phones in general? Im aware of the hissing A1 problem

Huawei Y7 Prime

But do you have friends or just your mothers number on it?

I've decided to dust off my old galaxy s4 and turn it into a music player. What's the best firmware for it? I've got it running 4.4.4 for now. I'm also looking for a music player/app that syncs playlists made on windows 7

I don't need friends

Fruit Ninja
Subway Runner
Angry Birds
Plant vs Zombies
Flappy Bird
Mario Runner
Pokemon Go

The S9 is going to blow the Xiaomi out of the water so hard.

someone tell xiaomi to get the mix 2s in stock so I can replace my phone

Picked up an A1 last week; so far it's been excellent value for what I paid for it. Only real thing missing is NFC, but I've had that on my 4 previous phones and never used it.

Has LG's hardware been updated yet? Do they still bootloop? I want to get a new LG phone but don't want it to bootloop because they can't learn quality control.

Attached: 1471664576070.png (599x338, 51K)