Are ubuntu distros crap?

Are ubuntu distros crap?

Is mint better than ubuntu distros?

Attached: bodyweight.jpg (679x382, 50K)

I like lubuntu

they're all garbage, install debian if you're used to the package management.

yeah, mostly crap
they're okay if you just want to get comfortable with linux software, but if you're a quick study then you might as well use a proper distro like Debian or Arch.

Is there a gnome unity type DE thats on Debian or Arch?

Xubuntu is the best GNU distro

exactly what they , said.
I use debian for more than 10 years and when people with really old computers ask me to install them an OS just for browsing but not being as heavy as windows, I immediately think of ubuntu or mint.
The sad part is that the whole "ubuntu works" is a myth. It "works" because it enables proprietary s/w by default... and that's it.
I find it better to install debian stable on someone who doesn't know even what a terminal is, because I can then be sure that nothing will break, the system will be responsive with xfce and I will be able to install kde/gnome programs in order to make it a full functioning DE.
I really don't know why people choose something with less functionality and agility.

debian supports, like arch I assume, all the available DEs.
MATE, KDE, XFCE, Gnome, LXqt, LXDE, Cinnamon... and the list is endless.
The closest thing to unity is MATE but riced.
I personally use xfce which is more like Gnome2/MATE and can be turned into anything you want.

xubuntu is good, and so is mint

the only linux distro that isn't crap is android

>t. phoneposter

I used to like manjaro, until it broke itself

don't use rolling release distros if you don't want to invest time into system maintenance

Who is this sexy slab of raw Aryan beef

as if the other distros don't need maintenance. thankfully I have windows 10 now.

i haven't maintained my distro since i installed it

t. mint user

>"ubuntu works" is a myth. It "works"
You just contradicted yourself there fucko

This is exactly what my body would look like if it wasn't covered in so much fucking fat.

There actually isn't a contradiction due to the quotes around works, meaning it barely works and/or doesn't work.
Therefore he's claiming others like to say it works but it really doesn't.

Windows might be easy to get started with because it often comes pre-installed, but it requires more maintenance if you care about security at all.

ubuntu is for fags. no rhyme or reason. they literally take an arbitrarily random snapshot of testing and add a bunch of shit to it.

And that's exactly what my face would look like if I didn't have this totally different looking face.