Be me

>be me
>printing out shipping label
>printer is low on magenta ink but that shouldn't matter because the label is just black and white
ERROR: PRINTER LOW ON MAGENTA INK PLEASE REFILL BEFORE PRINTING
>Refuses to print
>Forced to spend $40 on new ink that I'll never use
Fuck HP

Attached: hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one_product_review_thumb.jpg (266x183, 37K)

>buy an HP printer
>thinking you have the right to complain about ink costs

Attached: 1522947546588.jpg (500x500, 5K)

On Cannon printers they try this same kind of bullshit. When you're running low on ink like in this case, it stops you on the screen and will not do anything unless you hold down the STOP button for 10 seconds or so to bypass. Massive jew bullshit that's not well explained if at all in the manual.

Next printer I get is just going to be laserjet. I'm tired of paying for the ink jew.

get open source drivers and disable the restriction

>he isn't solid ink master race

Attached: Solid ink 1.jpg (3072x2304, 2.45M)

It's the printers firmware that's doing it unfortunately

What is this pic supposed to represent?

>not knowing already

Attached: shiggy diggy doo, where are you -- this file's not too big now -- you can see it too, but this (250x250, 161)

>get Brother laser printer
>it works
>the end

Tektronix was cool until Xerox bought them

I got a laser.
Toner is solid too.

I still got early Xerox laser printer from mid-00's kinda slow and noisy, but it just work.

Just refill that bitch with some chink ink.

>I got a laser.
>Toner is solid too.
you've never handled the output from these wax transfer printers
the output is much nicer than toner.
colors have more pop, and the color coats the page and saturates the fibers.
it's truly different in terms of print quality.

My HP color laser goes into "Color X exhausted, now printing black and white" mode.

Attached: approval.gif (200x200, 2.46M)

>buy a brother printer
>add a chink ink system
>don't have bought ink in five years
hahaha faggots

Attached: Cis1.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

>adds a small amount of color to black text
>claims it makes a better black
fuck you HP.

With the amount of money that is wasted on ink, you are just better off going to your local copy place when you need to print in color and getting a mono laser printer for home.

I still use my HP 6L, toner refill is cheap as fuck and it just werks, it's db25 but it's simple to adapt to usb (or just get a parallel port card) so i can pretty much use it on any toaster from windows 3.1 era to now, and somehow this thing got non-bloated drivers up to w10 from HP itself.

>New HP printer
10$
>New cartridges for it
20$

Why? I've bought 5 of those printers, and when one is low on ink - I just disassemble it (for motors and shit) and connect new one.

Many companies do the same thing. Epson is no different for the printer I have.

>buy the printer/scanner
>can't even set it up to use as a scanner without putting the ink in first

My HP all-in-one refused to scan or read memory cards without ink

You do realize you're wasting your money, don't you? You haven't stumbled on some massive "Get ink half price!" cheat that you're using to exploit the system. HP and every other company know you do this, and that's why the starter cartridges that come with your printer have significantly less ink in them than the standard ones. If anything, you're being jewed more for your new ink.

Mine refused to brew coffee without ink.

>be me, get sick of fucking inkjet printers
>spend extra money on a laser printer
>print off thousands of pages before needing new toner
>has already paid for itself.

Same amount of ink, same 5 ml at best.

.17 floz*

I can't into this units, really.

>brother printer
>cyan print head is blocked
>yellow cartridge doesn't sit right
>out of magenta
>still prints in b/w just fine
based brother

>Buying HP anything
>Not using chink ink

Windex on the cleaning sponge.

Am I the only one whose chink ink exploded? My spare room looks like an art project.

chink ink or a chink ciss system?
ciss is prone to exploding chink or not. chink cartridges are fine.

>He fell for the inkjet printer meme

Majority of HP's inkjet systems these days share compression across all tanks/heads. The entire system has to be primed and ready to print, or it just won't. Like trying to blow up a balloon with a hole in it.
Why is it like this? Because consumer faggots like you guys wanted $100 color inkjet printers for your home photos when digital cameras became popular. So deal with it now, faggot.
Solid ink is fucking garbage, dude. Unless you're printing shit that will literally never leave the AC of your house, or you live in Canada and the temperature never hits above 16. Plus, they're more complex than the new "print-bar" positive-pressure whole-page inkjet systems. They've got fucking wiper bars, waste trays, cool-down periods, and clogged print heads. They suck shit. I used to have to work on them. But nobody buys them anymore, thank god.

That's a feature