nmap.org/movies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Daniel is fagget.

daniel wants to let you know he's a l33t hacker

>why
Normies and Jews

>tmux
>airodump

Could be much worse. At least it's somewhat accurate, rather than some ridiculous Hackers-style GUI.

>chrome

Daniel here, it was for effect. Producer asked for it.

nmap actually has a page on their site where people send in screenshots of TV shows and movies using it as a generic "something on the screen that shows there's hacking going on" thing

>virtualbox

It would be a hoot to be Daniel.
>Dan we need some matrix shit pronto

>16GiB swap
Do people really do this? Just make a swapfile on-disk, and no need for such large sizes.

Hibernate needs enough swap to store the RAM contents
It can be configured otherwise but the default storage for Linux hibernation is swap

Also if you want hibernation to work swap has to be in its own partition, I believe, not a file. I think this is the main reason distros still default to separate swap partitions.

the women in the red dress looks hot

cmatrix + htop + airodump-ng = hacker state

I'm aware, but why would you hibernate over just sleeping/powering off?

>cmatrix
Thanks. I was going to ask what package the hacker letters was

> Hey user, we're shooting a documentary on some phone call hackers and stuff, I see you doing like hacker stuff on your computer, it looks really cool can you make it look like that while we film it?

how do you combine all those into one screen?

t. linux noob

using a terminal multiplexer like tmux or screen, or using a tiling wm

many thanks.

Attached: owo.jpg (1280x720, 322K)

Hibernation, unlike sleeping, has zero power use, which is important for a laptop that can still run down its battery or get hot while sleeping in a bag. But its still faster than a cold boot and session restore, both to enter and to come back from. At the cost of said drive space.

>laptop
That's like the worst use case for hibernation. If you're not using a laptop, you should shut it down so it remains encrypted. Otherwise, if it gets stolen and keys are in memory, as is the case with hibernation, your drive data is available.

I'm still using it because I'm too lazy to switch to qemu

>virtualbox

The height of SoyTech.

Attached: vb.png (1296x806, 120K)

>chr*me
>gnome-settings
>16G swap
>no gaps
>no anime wallpaper
>no neofetch

Attached: 1521905364515.jpg (1280x800, 190K)

What browser do you use?

>gnome
>chrome
>telegram
>virtualbox
>dropbox
at least they're running airodump-ng, i guess

unless you leave your laptop alone for very long periods, it's probably lower power to use standby
the reason is that going in and out of hibernation is more expensive power-wise, due to reading/writing a large amount of data
not to mention standby is faster, making it more convenient

I didn't know Daniel was a traditional indian name

You can have an encrypted swap file/partition.

You can use virt-manager with qemu-kvm if you're too lazy to learn the commands.

what documentary was it?

>airodump-ng
>htop
>telegram
>tmux
>chrome
>dropbox
>gnome
>cmatrix
>virtualbox
Goddammit Daniel!

Attached: 1515682512906.gif (800x786, 844K)

What am I looking at?

I stopped hibernating when my computers went over 4 gigs of ram. It takes a while to write to disk and I didn't want the unnecessary wear on my ssds, so now I just sleep them. Laptops too.

Whats wrong with tmux?

German weekly documentary named "Markt", mostly about consumer rights etc, I do generally watch it but I can't remember which episode this was, searching for "hack" "handy" it on the tv channels website gives me no results though

they're also running a tor node

tmux is cute dont be mean to tmux

Attached: rage.png (300x300, 11K)

>ayy bro can you pull up something fancy for the action shot real quick
>i gotchu pham

>65468336
nvm I found it, search for: "Betrug mit Ping Calls: Nicht zurückrufen!" its from 09.10.2017.

what the hell is wrong with htop?

Nothing wrong with tmux or htop desu. But using them as ways of showing off ur 1337 h4x0r skills made me laugh.

Post mammary glands or kindly step aside, woman

Attached: 1510278330267.png (227x222, 126K)

what the fuck

I have a friend that works in itsec and he was asked by a news show to give some footage. When they were filming they demanded him to have an edgy screen like that and to turn his head to the camera in the most cringy way possible. After that they almost scripted everything he had to say with very little of his own input on it which made everything he said cringy as hell too.

In the end it became a real cringe fest after which he became our personal meme in our group.

News outlets are just retarded as fuck.

Firefox and only firefox. Just add duckduckgo and adblocker plugins.

this, or gnome-boxes but that doesnt have many config options

>"Hi there, we're filming a news segment on information security and since that's you're job we'd like to interview you. Here's your script."
The absolute state of media.

I also have another story.

Some time ago after a couple of ddos attacks on some banks over here (in the Netherlands) a news programm called Nieuwsuur called in a "cyber security expert" called Rian van Rijbroek. In the show she made insane comments like "they were testing their security" which would eventually result in "ATM's spitting money". Her solution was "securing everything by using the smart blockchain". She said that " no one can claim they are 97% cyber secure" and said other dumb stuff like "hackers are using wireless routers coupled to a smart blockchain to hack people.

Nieuwsuur totally bought the story and it ended in an insane article which got a lot of critique from lot's of people and experts. After that it took multiple days for them to be convinced their "expert" was an absolute moron after which they made a half assed apology.

A couple of days after she also published a book which also was insane and got pulled from the stores a couple of days later since about 3/4th of the book was literally copy pasted from the internet. I managed to pirate a press copy which I read for the comedic value.

>textrain
kys

Who the fuck is Daniel

I bet daniel uses emacs

Here's the video

youtu.be/S7E0_lEgkgo

+

https everywhere
noscript

and surf through your own proxy.

To be fair they use this to explain to retarded old women why not to send money to that nephew with a sandnigger accent who suddenly calls you to tell you about his cancer therapy.

>being this blind

tfw called daniel ;-;

>HTOP
>CMatrix

He'd fit in well on a screenfetch thread.

came so hard

>duckduckgo
i tought that shit was a meme

It is

>"hey can you put something random on the screen so it looks you're doing something, it's for a 1 sec scene so it can be anything"
>"sure, no problem"
Why do tech autists always latch onto these things? Do you think that people are impressed by your ability to "call out" these things?

I can be hacker now?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 441K)

No, you need to use i3 to hack the CIA.

it is but everything else is either slow as fuck or even worse

but i3 is for fags

>nmap.org/movies/
kek

>pretend your looking busy
>you gotit sir

Attached: 1510552264712.png (2560x1440, 687K)

>not green-on-black
never gonna make it

>either slow as fuck
this, all Jow Forums approved alts to google are slow as hell (at least over my current shitty connection)
>just use google then
better divide the info between many competing botnets, than make an all-powerful one

>python2 quake.main
is he training a neural network to play it off screen, or what?

Gotta get those hours in somehow, and its not like the managers know what the fuck you're supposed to be doing anyway. NAS running? Server up? Nothing on fire? Time to fucking teach an AI to play quake the hard way.

what is this jack fuckery on schematics ?

some Zachtronics game, I presume. Good shit if you're highly autistic and are into games like factorio