Linux Distro recommendations?

I'm currently on Ubuntu 17.10, I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the performance. I feel like I need a more stripped down OS.

I mainly use the following applications:
Sublime Text / Atom
GIMP
Tor
Chrome (I know I'm a faggot)
- Wikis, Imageboards, email etc

I'd prefer a developer oriented OS as long as I don't have to sacrifice too much of my browsing style.

I've considered things like Qubes OS, but I only have 4gb of RAM and my computer is on the older side.

Attached: linux.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Try OpenSUSE with KDE.
Good thing it is bloated, but it is quite stable and consumes 430 megs with KDE, or 200 megs with LXQT/LXDE.

SOMETHING I FORGOT
I'd prefer to be able to use the PIA VPN with it

Bloatware?

>Bloatware?
Sure it is. But it doesn't feel slow, unlike Ubuntu with (((Gnome)))

Solus

If the general consensus answer to this question isn't debian then I'm leaving this board

>Linux
Apologize!

Maybe you'd be fine if you just installed and used less bloated DE/WM/applications - whatever causes load and/or memory usage.

Sure, answer is Gentoo, the only distro worth using.

It is "install gentoo". Goodbye, user!

I suppose, but it doesn't appear to work with my VPN

See above

That's what I'm leaning toward, but only if I can get an installer instead of doing a boot disk because I'm lazy as fuck

What would you choose then?

Explain? I'm not good with acronyms

Does it work with PIA?

Solus
Or if you need deb/rpm Bunsenlabs

Solus works with PIA if you're not a retard
they even spell out how to use OpenVPN with it

>I suppose, but it doesn't appear to work with my VPN
???
How do you connect to your VPN? OpenSUSE has some goo-ey even for that I believe.

>What would you choose then?
GNU/Linux

Attached: a.jpg (480x451, 59K)

I'm not bad with tech, I just tend to get jumpy if I haven't researched it enough

I use the downloaded client that hooks into the OS right now, I'd have to look into doing something else

>I use the downloaded client that hooks into the OS right now, I'd have to look into doing something else
You can get tar.gz package I think, let me test.

I feel like this is some autistic meme that's flying over my head, I'm just going to ignore this

Thanks, I'm not usually this newfaggy, I'm just only used to Ubuntu/Windows/OSX

>I feel like this is some autistic meme that's flying over my head, I'm just going to ignore this
It is not a meme, it is the OS you use. GNU running on Linux kernel, or as RMS calls it 'GNU plus Linux'

Christ, I needed to use a disc. I'm far too fucking lazy for this

>That's what I'm leaning toward, but only if I can get an installer instead of doing a boot disk because I'm lazy as fuck
You said you want a more stripped down OS, so do a debian netinstall or something and only download the packages you want.

Arch if you don't have time to compile shit for 5 hours

Goodbye faggot

qubes os. you can run all you wanted. all apps isolated and encrypted. all chains :
tor > vpn > tor

>Arch
>If you don't have time
What did he mean by this

Sounds very fast and not even a little bit autistic

All that shit runs on Mac/Windows/Linux, why you blaming the OS if you just need better hardware?

Tinkerboard v2 realeases soon.

I used antergos before switching to arch

Lubuntu is very minimal but test LTS and non LTS to see which one works better [or is not broken] for your PC.

>chrome
>but I only have 4gb of RAM
Isn't Chrome the biggest memory hog there is? How about you try some other browser first? Also Ubuntu isn't much slower than other distros, just install a different DE. That's where most of the performance gains will come anyway.

Arch if you can install it
Manjaro if you can't install Arch
Void Linux if you want to avoid the NSA backdoor in systemd

Use void. It's featherweight and minimal

ZorinOS Lite

Why has nobody recommended fedora?

installed this morning on an old laptop, 45 minute including gnome, download times, an icon pack a some useful software (mpv, deadbeef, youtube-dl etc.)

Arch if you can install it
Antergos if you can't install Arch
Void Linux if you want to avoid the NSA backdoor in systemd

>change manjaro to antergos

>you got banned on private trackers

Attached: jef90i-03r.png (809x407, 37K)