>>10423641

>

new ThinkPad thread

Attached: CC4BBCED-5965-4BCF-B9FC-2F4476FFFE0B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kTlQxHFCaDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

new ThinkPad thread

Attached: BAF3E76B-F380-4867-BB39-AC3CB5922095.jpg (1200x1800, 173K)

I got one of these waiting for me at home.
Problem is, trucks broke down about 1500 miles away.
Rip

Attached: A22DB051-E465-4E89-89BF-BAFC6FD2BAC6.jpg (338x287, 17K)

>tfw x1 carbon is still my daily driver after three years in college

truly a patrician feel

First gen i5 latitude in mint condition with 4gb of ram, 250gb HDD, Windows 7 and two batteries for 110$
Yay/nay?

Exx00 model? don't even bother
just get a t430

It’s an e6410
For the price is not too bad, it’s the condition I like
The guy refurbs computers as a hobby
Specs are fine for shitposting

I still have a few 6410s kicking around. They're fucking tanks. I have a T420 as well and they compare pretty close in specs. If I had to chose, I'm not sure which one I'd take.

x1 3rd gen checking in, been going strong since the day I got it and year 3 in college

x61 still going strong, looking for something small and a bit more powerful, reqs?

Attached: 9x61.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

x62

What's the best ThinkPad model? Asking for a friend...

x220
t420
w520

Thanks

I'm outfitting my office with new thinkpads.

T480 or T480s? Similar configs, T480 is marginally cheaper.

so the power cable on my t420 is loose any fix for it? I really don't want to replace it as a laptop but its annoying the fuck out of me

also
t440p with t450 trackpad
:3

Should I be concerned if my T440p is thermal throttling with an i7-4810mq? Temps aren't too bad, but it throttles pretty badly

repaste it if you havent already. takes only 10 minutes
:3

I have.

That looks ultra comfy

>workstation to buy today
>recommending the W520 over the W530

Idiot.

Why are most posts in /tpg/ so fucking dumb? Its not connected to the mobo directly, its a bracket-held jack and it has a wire leading to the mobo; good design. You don't need to buy a whole new mobo. Open it up and investigate.

can someone please buy me a thinkpad
thank you

Attached: 1476191144796.png (640x480, 591K)

I'm looking to buy a ThinkPad for college, I'm starting a PharmD program this fall and just used a Chrome Book meme machine to get my bachelors. I'd like a 2-in-1 to be able to draw chemical structures on and my budget is around $500.

Get a ThinkPad and a drawing tablet.
Any 2-in-1 you get for $500 will be trash (unless you get a chromebook tablet)

Any of the X series tablets will suit you

Is Lenovo Solutions Center bloatware?
Just bought my first Thinkpad from ebay

I wouldn't bother with most of the software.
All you really need is the power management driver, and trackpoint driver. You can also install hotkey integration if you like.
You might have to install some of the hardware drivers for features and customization if Windows doesn't automatically get them for you (i.e., Intel HD Display Configuration Software)

>uses ChromeBook

why not just drop out?

Cute.

Thanks man, it has several Intel drivers already installed. Just ran Malwarebytes. Anything else I should do?

Not really.. Install Linux?

Install Gentoo.

Attached: abooooo_man1.jpg (596x476, 11K)

In the future, not now

Than which ThinkPad should I grab?

A21 & A31. A21 runs Debian from a 32gb SSD

how can people still use 1368x768 res?

isnt everything cramped?

I'm about to get a 1600x900 panel for my T430 and have been researching.
Anyone have any experience on opinions on the B140RTN03.1 display?
It seems to be a Matte variant of the Axlienware mx14 gloss panel and should fit.

What models that?

The X240 sure is a piece of shit isn't it please do not buy one the X230 needs to be acknowledged as the last real thinkpad i brought one to set up for a friend but I'm just going to sell it now.

I can confirm is ultra comf

701c with the butterfly keyboard

genuine question, not trying to be an asshole.
How can Jow Forums still see Thinkpads as a good option given Lenovo's record of installing Superfish malware on their devices?
I'd quite like a Thinkpad based on its linux friendliness and build quality but the fact that Lenovo makes them puts me off them completely. Change my view?

Well it was installed only from 2013 onward, most machines recommended here are much older models, like the x230, so they wouldn't have it. Also if your installing your own OS, which most of us do then your not likely to reinstall lenovos own software on top of that.
Even if you did, you would just need to scan with an up to date AV and make sure your patched.

so the hardware itself is considered trustworthy? I'm basically looking for an affordable security-first laptop

daaaw shit is that the one with the retracting keyboard? That shit made me cum as soon as I saw that.

youtube.com/watch?v=kTlQxHFCaDo

Attached: retract.jpg (631x435, 33K)