Uses the GPL license

>uses the GPL license

Attached: 1449899237061.jpg (4500x4334, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Content
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Creator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Copyleft should unironically be illegal. It hurts absolutely everyone except for ideological purists.

>Reeee let me use your work to make easy money
make your own wheels or fuck off nigger

>t. ideological purist

What's really fucking sad is that you fucks use the language of capitalism for your commie ideology...

|
|>
|
|

Suicide is your only viable option.

You dont like it? well then dont fucking use it.
Also if you want to make copyleft illegal you might as well make EULAs illegal.

I'm fine with this as long as you make copyrights equally illegal

> he uses licensing ideology to bait people just like the FBI wants

What does this even mean?

Jew behind wall.

Copyright benefits content creators. Copyleft benefits neither content creators nor users.
Agreed on EULAs though, they should be banned

newfag spotted, go back

And I like it

>content creator

These are weasel words used by the publishing industry to push an agenda, do not repeat them. If you want to think about this in more reasonable terms, consider that there are more specifically "authors" that write works, and "publishers" that distribute them. The authors are not typically the ones that benefit from copyright, the publishers are, because they are the ones who seek more to gain from shutting off other publishers.

Also if you want the more autistic stallman perspective on why you shouldn't use those words, see these:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Content
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Creator

>Copyleft benefits neither [authors], [publishers] nor users
Debatable but I can see why you would think that as copyleft is intended as somewhat of a defensive weapon against abusive copyrighting. I wouldn't blame the GPL for this, it's not their fault they needed to act in self-defense

And here I thought it was connected to

How can the GPL possibly "defend" them?
It actually makes it much harder for individuals (as opposed to corporations) to make money off of their own software!

No, the market as a whole is what is driving prices down. Large amounts of proprietary software are offered at no charge as well.

GPL exists to prevent communities from being destroyed by copyright abuse. It doesn't really say much about how you can "make money off of your software"

Reminder that GPL shills are paid by the Chinese gov't.

Attached: 1433458186920.jpg (501x585, 119K)

>waaaaaah someone is using my thing to make something
>waaaaaah they're earning money and I'm not
imagine being this salty

no, redditors like yourself ruin everything