S9 Camera

Why was this such an under looked feature, the dual aperture lens is genuine innovation in smartphone camera technology.

Attached: galaxy-s9-variable-apreture.gif (600x338, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I21PVWXuYkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>advertisement thread
it's been "0" days without Korean tricks.

>dismissing a thread about technology advancement because its from a company you don't like
Found the Trump Goy

>le epic smartphone camera. It's le epic technology.
Fuck off you slant eyed glow in the dark samsung nigger.

It is innovative. But it's still a shitty smartphone camera with a tiny sensor.

>Bought $1000 iPhone
>Reads reviews
>Realizes S9 is better
>Rejects reality and attacks Samsung
Must suck to be out a grand huh sheeply

user here, and what you wrote isn't true.
I don't own apple, or korean, but if I had to choose I would probably buy apple before I'd purchase anything korean made.

>Buying chinkshit phones
>Shitty on Korean and American
Get right the fuck on outta here

Jow Forums hates innovation

once it's a decade old they will gladly pay top dollar for it

top kek thinkpad cunts

>Samsung shill thread made by gook
>gook gets angery, because nobody wants to buy from the slant eyed jew

It's gimmicky, That tiny sensor won't get you creamy shallow dof that you can easily get from larger sensors with a fast lens. the sample images they've shot at f/1.5 is similar to an image shot at f/4 and 5.6 on an APS-C cam. You only get a decent soft background if subject is shot almost macro tight

lol its for more light for night shots retard

That's not the point you turbonigger.
The fucking focal length is the biggest problem. The whole point is more fucking light when the lighting is poor and better sharpness when you have plenty of light.

Fucking learn something about photography.

>had the title of Best Smartphone Camera for like a week
>already massively btfo by chinkshit
Koreans on suicide watch

Attached: Screenshot_20180409-145618.jpg (486x493, 67K)

So they sacrificed the screen working to add another camera.. good job?

>the screen working
What?

>lol he thinks his 1/2.6" sensor and f1.5 plastic lens will do shit.

comeback with a real camera fagget.

You are absolutely fucking retarded.
Come back when you have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

/p/ here and Nikon Df master race reporting

this man is correct. because of the flange distance of a cell phone camera (the distance from lens to sensor/film plane) being so short, everything is in hyperfocal distance at ridiculous apertures like f/2 and f/1.5, which means everything is in focus. adding an aperture is just gimmicks, and those lenses are just as sharp at f/1 as they at f/8

>and those lenses are just as sharp at f/1 as they at f/8
Yeah, no. Fuck off.
The only lenses that are consistently sharp through the range are (baring a VERY few outliers) are expensive as fuck.

The Nikon Df is also a gimmicky shit camera, so the S9 should be right up your alley.

Gonna rant a little further.

The main point about the S9 dual aperture mode isn't so much the f/1.5 (which is a little wider than the f/1.7 of the S8) but the ability to switch to f/2.4. Being able to stop down improves sharpness, decreases vignetting and chromatic aberration, and in really bright conditions it allows you to cut back the light a bit to balance shutter speed. You have more options when taking photos and that is not a bad thing. I hope to see three blades on the next model which should allow for at least one more aperture position.
Widening the aperture to improve low light performance has come at costs for cellphone cameras and with this system they're able to take some of that back. It's progress in technology and miniaturization , which is nothing to whine about.

As for your piece of shit Df that doesn't even come with video recording or in body stabilization. Buy the fucking film camera if you like that design so much. It's basically just a gimped D4 with a couple more dials.

I'm just generally of the opinion that moving mechanical parts in any daily/heavy use electronic device (that isn't *directly* linked to its main function) is a bad idea.

p20 camera is massively overblown methinks

because it doesnt make that much of a difference in day-to-day use. dont get me wrong, this really is something exciting for smartphone camera-tech, but you only notice and appreciate this feature while taking photos in the dark, wich doesnt happen that often for most people. also a lot of standard-users of any phone mostly take pictures with snapchat nowadays, wich doesnt support this. so because people just rarely notice this being implemented into the phone, no ones making a big deal about it.

>that fingerprint sensor location

why are gooks so retarded?
can't they do anything without clear instructions from apple?

>he thinks there is a noticeable difference between f1.5 and f2.4

top kek, class is in session

no matter what you do with that camera it is still limited by a plastic Holga-tier lens and a fucking cell phone camera sensor. viral Samsung marketing pls go. putting apertures on a cell phone camera is putting lipstick on a hog.

btdubs, guaranteed gimped D4 is still better than whatever 99% of Jow Forums shoots, and I already have a good film camera, pic related

>yfw your soytech can fit inside of my camera

Attached: th.jpg (190x151, 6K)

Windows Nokia Lumia 1020 had an innovative camera 5 years ago. It's still the best phone camera ever made. This S9 camera is garbage tier. Stop believing in marketing lies idiots.

autism

>This S9 camera is garbage tier.
It objectively isn't though

youtube.com/watch?v=I21PVWXuYkk

You don't get out much..

Attached: IMG-20171207-WA0000.jpg (1200x1600, 182K)

Point and shoot cameras have had this for over a decade.

But somehow Jow Forums still manages to get triggered by it.

is it worth a grand? is any phone worth a grand? let's say I buy a phone for 200$, what type of camera(brand new) can I buy for 800$?

>what type of camera(brand new) can I buy for 800$?

Ricoh GR II or Sony RX 100 IV

Buying a phone for the camera is stupid.
I do own a $1000 phone, but I also own a $3000 camera and I never use my phone camera.

do you also carry your camera literally everywhere?

No, only when I go somewhere worth taking pictures at.

Fuckin' neat! Jow Forums never fails to amaze me when it delivers. Which one has better video support? I like filming short clips that I turn into gifs sometimes, so I don't care about Spielberg quality, but it has to look nice.

and what happens if you come by some random bullshit and you want to take a picture?

Do you realize most smartphone cameras literally have no aperture, right? Regardless, with a sensor size this small the aperture simply changes the amount of light it lets in. Depth of field is won’t matter because the sensor is too small. Optical aberrations like chromatic aberrations, halos and internal reflections that normally go away in smaller apertures literally don’t matter because the lenses out-resolves the sensor in most if not all cases.

any phone can take dick pics. I took mine with a Motorola C650 back in 2004

cute

>Which one has better video support?

The Sony.

It's actually very good for video.

Cameras in top phones are more or less the same. Any "innovation" is diminishing returns at this point.

I just watch and enjoy the moment.

I'm not a millennial so I feel no urge to whip my phone out every time something mildly interesting happens.
And I take more than enough photographs already without adding snapshits.

Fuck off

Cellphone camera lenses aren't plastic, at least not on the high end models.
Continues to show how little you know.

And no one is comparing the S9 camera to a full size DSLR in terms of outright capability. You're just feeling threatened as the technology in that space is advancing much faster than in DSLRs.

They have a fixed aperture, yes.
>Regardless, with a sensor size this small the aperture simply changes the amount of light it lets in.
Yeah, that's the point.
>Optical aberrations like chromatic aberrations, halos and internal reflections that normally go away in smaller apertures literally don’t matter because the lenses out-resolves the sensor in most if not all cases.
It'll offer SOME improvement to this, but a single step to 2.4 isn't going to cut it all out.

The capability of cellphone cameras is increasing crazy fast. I don't buy top end smartphones and I still use my DSLR for main shooting but the fact of the matter is that smartphones are edging out point and shoots in terms of features and convenience, if not quality as well and pretty much every year they're getting better.
It'll be difficult for them to really challenge the low light market, but I see some breakthrough in cellphone camera technology to vastly improve that before there's a new innovation in the full size camera market to really set it apart again.

This guy knows his shit

>This guy knows his shit
That faggot is just reading from a box to make samshits new disposable seasonal smartphone seem like an actual good buy.

Salty soy apple boy

because most people don't know the difference between software and hardware zoom. let alone what fucking aperture, exposure, etc mean

>salty apple
Imagine thinking that samshit is equal to apple, and besides I'm not an ifag.
I'm undecided, and thinking of buying:
>sony
>mi mix
>p20
>maybe apple

Salt soy boy trying to pass off his soy by pretending he's not going to continue being a sheeply and buy another crapple.

Already told you I don't buy top end smartphones, cunt.

>Salt soy boy trying to pass off his soy by pretending he's not going to continue being a sheeply and buy another crapple.
>the gook doesn't realize that his natural diet contains large amounts of soy yet
I might. I do have the money for it, but I also might buy a p20, or whatever sony has. Whichever I buy I'm sure that it would be a good choice since it's not samshit.

You're irrational hate of samsung is irrational